PDA

View Full Version : 6.9 earthquake in Baja Mexico

RICHARD
04-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Whoa I was sitting on the couch and that sucker moved some hanging lamps in the room.

They swung about 4 inches back and forth!:eek:

The USGS said it hit at 3:40 and I felt it at 3:44!

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
:eek:

How did Edster and the Mini-Katz handle the world shaking?

caseysmom
04-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I think its technically Baja California, Mexico

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
>>
Baja, Too Close to Home!

:p

RICHARD
04-04-2010, 07:45 PM

How did Edster and the Mini-Katz handle the world shaking?

No one even blinked.:D

I was sitting down and I was nodding off when my head jerked in another direction.

We also have an EQ in Malibu, even closer to home.

Daisy and Delilah
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I was thinking about you, Richard. Glad you're ok. :)

RICHARD
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I was thinking about you, Richard. Glad you're ok. :)

It happened aways away. but to feel it that strongly, from that distance makes you think.:eek:

One person called and said that all CELL SITES were down, but the landlines worked.

Also, on the local news a woman from Australia called in to report on what she felt. She then confessed she panicked and before the talking head cut her off, she said, "I always thought you Californians exaggerated about earthquakes....I'll have to take that back!"

wombat2u2004
04-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Also, on the local news a woman from Australia called in to report on what she felt. She then confessed she panicked and before the talking head cut her off, she said, "I always thought you Californians exaggerated about earthquakes....I'll have to take that back!"

I bet !!! Coming from a country that has very little of any earth movements, it was an experience for her.

lvpets2002
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
:eek: WoW I know.. I just read that it was 7.2 EarthQuake.. It also affected San Diego, CA & Pheonix, AZ & Las Vegas, NV..

pomtzu
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Has anyone heard from Isabel? Does she live in that area of Mexico?

krazyaboutkatz
04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I also heard that it was a 7.2. It woke my SIL up and she and my brother and his family live in San Diego. I also heard that they could have some more larger earthquakes coming.:eek:

lvpets2002
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
:) No it was no where near her.. She was a long way from it.. She is further South East in the lower part of Mexico at Mexico City (the Capital).. The Baja borders San Diego, CA which is upper north of Mexico..
Has anyone heard from Isabel? Does she live in that area of Mexico?

Randi
04-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Is anyone interested in knowing whether the E's are OK?

Luckily they are - and their secretary too. :) "Edwina was huddled up against a tire of the car...but under it." - "I heard Eddie crying but could not see him -- it turned out he was behind me and running hell bent for leather into the house and up the stairs."

They're both very clingy now, of course and they will surely get extra cuddles and treats. :love: :love:

RICHARD
04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
There are chance of large after shocks coming-the news reported that there have been some large ones this morning.

----------

The quake was felt in Santa Barbara - some 300 miles to the northwest of the area affected.

It was one of the goofiest quakes I had ever been in. It like being in a hammock going side to side and up and down.

Never a dull moment here in the land of the easily amused.:eek:

Taz_Zoee
04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I have a friend in San Diego and she said it was still shaking this morning. Her husband who is from back east freaks out everytime it happens. Where she is more used to it having lived in California her entire life.

I was in San Jose yesterday and didn't feel a thing. Didn't even know about it until I saw this thread last night.

I hope everyone remains okay.

RICHARD
04-07-2010, 07:20 AM
I just heard that Deepak Chopra was meditating and he caused the earthquake.

Does that mean people should sue him for causing it?

http://somecountryforoldmen.com/2010/04/06/deepak-chopra-claims-credit-for-baja-earthquake/

Husky_mom
04-07-2010, 09:28 AM
hey.. Iīm here.. ;).. not anymore in Mexico city.. but much closer to home up north.. and yet a bit far from any earthquake thankfully.. Mexico city has had a few severe earthquakes in past times.. I did experience one while I was there.. a small one but yet made me alert all the time after that..

thanks for thinking of me :)

I do have to wonder.. whatīs up with all this quakes lately.. they are showing everywhere and in places where they hadnīt been one in ages...

wombat2u2004
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
I do have to wonder.. whatīs up with all this quakes lately.. they are showing everywhere and in places where they hadnīt been one in ages...

Acolnahuacatl is not happy :p

gini
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
----------

It was one of the goofiest quakes I had ever been in. It like being in a hammock going side to side and up and down.

That is a perfect description of what I felt too, Richard. All three kitties just looked around. Not at all like the last one we had a few weeks ago that was only a 4.4 - the kitties went flying over that one. And it made much more noise.