PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

Lillycat
10-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Guess what? This is Cataholic, logging in under my mom's account, to introduce her to everyone! She has heard me talk about PT, and finally agreed to see it live!

She has three striped boys...Indiana (Indra), Nevada (Nevvie), and Washington (Washy). All tabbies, all rescues, found abandoned at her school (she teaches). Apparently, they thought getting in good with the teacher would pay off, and it did! Plus, straight A's for everyone.

Washy goes in for his, uh, little procedure, tomorrow, so, let's hope things go well! :( :(

K, Cataholic is signing off now, and next time, Mom can do her own typing, right?

p.s. Mom has already told me she loves Fister! (and all the others). With bari_d's help...might even get her cats up here.:)

NoahsMommy
10-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Welcome Lillycat!! Enjoy your time here....warning: it's addictive!! :)

We would love to hear all about your kitties... :D

Miss Meow
10-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Welcome Lillycat! And thanks to Cataholic for getting you started here! I'm sure you'll love it. It's one of the few places on earth you can blab about cats and ohh and aah over pictures and it's entirely normal!!!

Vermontcat
10-17-2002, 05:11 PM
I am a fan of Cataholic's tux kitties. I can't wait to hear about your kitties too. Between the two of you I bet you will eventually go through all 50 states to name your cats. I am still waiting for one of you to pick the name Vermont.:)

Randi
10-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Welcome Lilycat! What a great idea your daughter got - to introduce you to PT! :D I'm looking forward to hear more about Indra, Nevvie and Washy! - and perhaps even pics. ;) If you need help with those, you're welcome to PM me and ask. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2002, 05:55 PM
Welcome Lilycat! I hope you love Pet Talk as much as I do! I look forward to hearing all about your babies. I am Mom to 4 cat boys myself. They are Leroy, Leonardo, Luke and Chester. Welcome again.:D

jenluckenbach
10-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Hi "MOM" Glad your catching this addiction too!!!
:D
Now don't be shy, we just love kittiy people around here!!
;)
SO many states, so little time!!!
:rolleyes:

AmberLee
10-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Welcome LillyCat!

Hope you will come to love it here as much as many of us do. Your daughter is a real addition to PT, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your three tabbies soon.

AmberLee, 'mom' to Perspicacity "Cassy" Purrsonality and Lady Olivia "Livvy" d'Flufferuni

10-18-2002, 04:27 AM
WELCOME LILYCAT !!!!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/the wave.GIF

Cataholic
10-18-2002, 07:49 AM
Yeah MOM! I told you how nice they all were, didn't I? And, the bonus??? Now I don't have to tell you every single neat thing that happens on PT!! You can now see it live for yourself.

We will want to hear all about Washy's procedure and visit to the white coats...:)

Tina
10-18-2002, 09:58 AM
Hello and Welcome Lillycat!! I hope you will enjoy it here!:D

Lillycat
10-19-2002, 07:01 PM
to: noahs mommy, miss meow, vermont cat (i am "working on" monte/y for next time!:) and to randi, momoffuzzyfaces (great name!);) and to jenluckenbach, amberlee, lut, tina and of course to that wonderful :p :p :p daughter of my heart! thank you for the "warm fuzzy" welcome that was extended to me.....i appreciate you all!! and as soon as my hurt little wrist has repaired and i become more/somewhat settled at my new home, i hope to become a regular participant......for now know i loooove cats and thank you all for your caring!!!! lilly p.s. you would not believe how long it took to compose this, one letter at a time....i cannot wait till my wrist is "all well" :D

toughCookie
10-19-2002, 07:54 PM
welcome to pettalk! great, more cat pics soon I hope?:)

jenluckenbach
10-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Yes, we definitely need a Ver(mont)e. I have to be partial to that name. My favorite white "lap fungus" (new word, learned here) is Monte!:D

Felicia's Mom
10-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :) I am anxious to hear of your cats.

Cataholic
10-21-2002, 10:15 AM
I kid you not- last night, Mom was talking about the new name for her NEXT cat...(Ver) Monte....OMG! She is hooked on cats!

jenluckenbach
10-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I kid you not- last night, Mom was talking about the new name for her NEXT cat...(Ver) Monte....OMG! She is hooked on cats!
OOOOO
I am all tingly and excited. A new cat-crazy, don't-know-when-to-stop, what-the-heck-what's-one-more person is "born"!!
Can I help her find one!?!?!?:D

Cataholic
10-21-2002, 11:54 AM
She has a great bit of trouble resisting the tabbys...That is what she has now...and they seem to melt her heart...:D

jenluckenbach
10-21-2002, 12:35 PM
see, I am just working on "one of every color" ;)

Vermontcat
10-21-2002, 01:25 PM
I hope your wrist heals quickly so you can keep up with all of Cataholics posting.:) That would be great if you get a new cat and name it for Vermonty! Let me know if you want to import a cat from Vermont or if you already have one in mind somewhere else. If tabby's are your color, maybe you could find one with snowy white paws or tabby tux markings!:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Welcome Lillycat. I'm sure you'll love it here and become as addicted as your daughter and the rest of us. :) I have 3 male cats Storm, Pepper, and Sunny. I can't wait to hear about your cats and to see their pictures too. I sure hope that your wrist heals quickly so you can begin posting regularly. :)

Lillycat
10-22-2002, 08:31 AM
sooooo nice to hear from you.....yes the wrist is a big problem, as the tendons really get stretchhhhhed when i attempt to type and it is still soooo tender....oh well, soon this will be just a memory...i hope! now on to the more important stuff....i just love your krazyaboutkatz name....thats the greatest! your photo of sunny reminds me of my newest little boy...washy (short for senator washington, of course....) but washy is more of a buff....isnt yr sunny more of a marmalade? i love marmalade cats...i.befriended one (i called him tommy) when i was in cape may nj for a month this past summer....i still miss him, a younger girl said tommy and another who was w/him, an older female, that i called sweet pea , belonged to her family or else i would have brought them both back to cinn with me as i didnt feel either was very well taken care of....well, i still feel sad about leaving them there and i wish we pt people had a cape may person on board who could go over and check on them....i miss them so!:(

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2002, 11:22 AM
I would have to say that Sunny is a golden orange. He's also half Abyssinian and half Tabby. He loves to talk to me. He's my little ray of sunshine. :)

Lillycat
10-22-2002, 05:08 PM
to krazyaboutkatz,: what a lovely way to describe your cat.....sunny surely must be special......as all our pets are. of course.....funny, for some reason i was expecting to welcome an orange cat....thought it might have been tommy., but instead it was a tiny buff beauty. one can never be too sure what the future holds....:) :) :)

Lillycat
10-23-2002, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cataholic
I kid you not- last night, Mom was talking about the new name for her NEXT cat...(Ver) Monte....OMG! She is hooked on cats! [ /QUOTE] yes, i am the "mom" mentioned here....smile....for jenluckenbach....i love yr working on "one of every color" theme....should make for an interesting "eyes-view"....to see all the colors our beautiful cats come to us "wrapped up" in. for vermontcat...thank you for the kind "wrist words" of 10-21....i do not have another cat in mind at present as the "cat fairy" just sent me one about 3 weeks ago...so i now have a male buff tabby named washington (washy to all pt people) and 2 male tabbies (indiana (indra) and nevada (nevvie) sorta like kirstens luna on post of 10-21. "they" say if you can "imagine" the names, the cats will come.....i seem to acquire my cats that way anymore......

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Lillycat, when can we expect to see some pictures of your trio? We just love pictures here. :)

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Lillycat, when can we expect to see some pictures of your trio? We just love pictures here. :)

Since Cataholic is still clueless as to posting pictures, I can assure you Lillycat is even further behind. We will aim to post some pics of the tabby boys soooooonnnnn....:)

lynnestankard
10-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Hello Lillycat and a very belated WELCOME to Pet Talk. Sorry I've been away for a couple of days and missed the start of this thread.
It's lovely to have Cataholics Mum with us. Don't worry about posting pics of your three fur kids - I've been here since Nov 2001 and am stil trying to get pics posted!!
Look forward to hearing about their adventures though.

Lynne

Vermontcat
10-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Lynnestankard,
I'm glad you popped in here, I think you and Lillycat have something in common. Weren't you the one who was typing posts with a broken "wing" not too long ago? Since Lillycat has an injured paw(wrist) maybe you can give her some advice on posting using the one finger method.:)

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 03:36 PM
VermontCat, weren't you Sam I am... before? Just curious...

lynnestankard
10-23-2002, 03:42 PM
Sure was me Vermontcat!!

I've got an injured wing (arm) and all I can say is - typing with one finger stinks!! It takes Sooooooooooo long to write anything - you lose the will to live! I used to type in caps., (how tacky!!) to save time! But as things have improved, thank goodness I'm back to 'proper' typing! Even today - just two days after the wing has been operated on - I'm doing proper typing. Yes it's a bit painful, but yeah it's quicker!!
But I bet it's more painful for Lillycat - with it being her wrist. Hope it gets better soon Lillycat.

Lynne

Vermontcat
10-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Lynnestankard, glad to hear that your wing is better!

Cataholic the cat herder, I did recently change the name by my avatar pic since my cat is a girl and some people were calling her a boy since they saw the name Sam. It is hard to tell with a head shot what her gender is.:) I do hope to have some new photos of her to post later this week, I gave Bari d the heads up that I hope to post some here and get some on her black and white page too.:)

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
It is hard to tell with a head shot what her gender is.:) I do hope to have some new photos of her to post later this week,...

Are you saying that the 'new' photos will be such that we will know her gender from the picture? That should be quite interesting..now, remember, this is a "G" web site...he he he..:D :eek: :D

Lillycat
10-24-2002, 03:27 PM
lynnestankard.....thank you for the kind "wrist thoughts"....actually yesterday and today have been the most painfree and the least awkward since the bookcase doors "attacked" my wrist......typing is still difficult....yes, that ole one finger hunt and peck is not the fav huh? but i predict another few days and i will be even better....smile....and on monday i return to the first grade classroom....hope i will be ready....thanks again for thinking of me.....lilly