PDA

View Full Version : Warwick RI Shelter Flooded, Foster Homes Needed

columbine
04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Warwick Animal Shelter is under water and sewage. They are working on placing all animals in foster care. Also in need of office supplies and computers since everything was destroyed. Call Debbie at (401) 944-6178 if you're able to help.

phesina
04-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I sent this information to a friend who lives near Warwick, and yesterday asked her how things were going with it. I heard back from her today. Here's what she had to say:

"Hi Pat

"I called and left a message that I could foster a cat or two, and so far I have not heard back from them. I guess that's a good sign, they must have been able to place them all.

"They had a fundraiser this past Saturday - I stopped in, it was mobbed! I couldnt even get to the woman who was selling the raffle tickets. The lady at the door said they are making good progress with cleaning up the shelter and would be able to move back in pretty soon, although they still face the problem of replacing most of their supplies and equipment.

"It looks like there has been a real outpouring of support for them, and that is wonderful to see."
=========

As a former Rhode Islander, I'm delighted to learn this! I am sending them a donation myself.

Here is the web site for the shelter itself: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/RI59.html

Karen
04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the positive update!

pomtzu
04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Thanks for posting Pat. It's always great to read positive news, no matter where it is located, but being a former Warwickite makes this news all that much sweeter! :)