PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Skypes on their computer???

moosmom
04-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Skypes is a program you can download into your computer. It enables you to see and talk to other Skype members. It's easy to download and it's free if you only talk to others via your computer. My Skypes name is deploss. So, if ya feel like seeing me and talking in person, please feel free.

Alysser
04-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Skype was awful for my computer. It always shut off or never loaded. I also tried ooVoo, and then my webcam speaker broke anyway. :p So that's the end. I never solved the problem but maybe it was just my computer or something with my firewall.

Catty1
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I have it...I think! Easy to download and I do have an account. :)

Sirrahsim
04-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I do! My husband and I used it all the time while he was on remote this past year. Now I mostly use it to talk to my parents:) I also use the free phone feature to make 1800 calls because they are rather expensive to try to call from my German phone!

moosmom
04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey Missy, want to give me your screen name so we can chat??? My screen name is deploss. What's yours? I'd love to chate with you and anyone else who is interested.

Sirrahsim
04-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Sending you a PM:)

moosmom
04-02-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm bummed. With Skypes you need a webcam. I have one but left it behind in MI when I moved back to CT. Gonna buy one through Skypes (they're as cheap as $20).

Hang in there Melissa. It may take a while but I'll get it right.

Sirrahsim
04-06-2010, 01:08 AM
okey dokey:D

king2005
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
You don't need a webcam to use skype. You just need speakers & a mic ( I use a broken webcam as the mic still works LOL)...

I talk to my dad often on it, so I can do house work & still chat with him from any room in the house errr apartment... He likes it because he can turn the volume up really loud on his headset to hear me better.

We also use it at Xmas. This past xmas my sister set hers up & we all sat on the couch & had xmas with my dad & Grandma via Skype. Dad has a webcam so we got to see him, grandma, & Buttons.. & he got to see me, Trevor, my sister, & Sean.

Its great & free!!

So if you have poor internet like I do, you don't need a webcam sucking up all the bandwidth.. or you can just see them, or just talk, or chat (its has its own messenger)... its great :)

Miss Z
04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't dare attempt to install it on this crappy computer I'm using at the moment. Hopefully I'll invest in a new laptop before I go to university and I'll definitely get it then. My dad uses it for international business calls and really rates it. When I do get it, I would love to have a very long-awaited chat with you, Donna! :love:

Randi
04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I've had Skype since 2005, but rarely use it, because I haven't got a mic. yet. :o I can IM, though.