PDA

View Full Version : how much does ur siamese weight

monkaz82
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
i just took my 1yr old color pt Siamese to the vent and hes at a whopping 17lbs. on a diet and have been cutting the food. just wondering what the average Siamese weights or urs.:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow!!!:eek: I think that's a bit large for a siamese. My RB Starr,who looked a lot like your cat and he was a Flame Point Siamese Mix, was always very petite at about 8lbs. This was until he had to take prednisolone for his IBD/Colitis problems and then he became a whopping 13lbs.:eek: This was way too much for him and he could barely get around any more and it really affected his health.:(

My Pearl is a Lynx Point Siamese Mix and she usually weighs 8-9lbs. She's very active and always on the go so she's always burning up the calories she consumes. My Sky is a Norwegian Forest Cat with probably some Siamese in him and he's only about 12-13lbs but that's because he's a much larger cat because of the Wedgie in him.

What has your vet said about his weight? What kind of food are you currently feeding him and how much and how often? Some cats eat when they're bored or stressed. I don't free feed any more and I feed my cats 4 small meals a day. I also feed them a grain free high protein diet of Innova Evo dry and some Innova Evo canned as well as Natural Instinct canned.

katladyd
03-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I haven't weighed Ming in awhile, but he's BIG!! I can safely say he's over 20 lbs. My other cat, McGyver, is dwarfed by him. Mac's a mere 7 lbs., but he's alpha cat. Funny how that works out.

Medusa
03-31-2010, 06:48 AM
My meezer Coco Puff weighed 11 lbs. last weigh-in, I think.

monkaz82
03-31-2010, 08:37 AM
the vet said she only wants him to lose 3lbs. i fig more is fine lol. i was only giving him a small wet can at night and 1/2cup dry once at day n night, so 1cup dry and 1 can wet. i cut that back to 1/2cup all day when he started getting big but he only just turned a yr old. the vet said that wasn't a bad amount. he is active fun playful no problems moving or anything lol. he doesn't even cry when there is no food out.

catmandu
03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Bo Bo:love:^^ was my heaviest Siamese at 14 pounds which was too heavy , although she is a large framed Cat ^^
Precious ^^and Almond Rocca:love: ^^ are Dresden Dolls about6 -7 Pounds and proof that wonderful things come in small packages:love:
John Hancock:love: ^^ is a Big Balinese long and lean at 12 pounds.
Sam ^^ :love: is about 10 pounds , all of it pure love for His Precious.:love:
Benjamin James:love: ^^ My Gray Meezer is about 10 pounds as well and a Fine Gentle Cat!!!
My Siamese six Pack ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ waiting for me on My One Fine Day in Paradise!!
:love::love:

katladyd
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't believe that Siamese are normally big cats, it's just that Ming is on meds and they have put some weight on him. He is a very tall, long, solidly built, cat, and before he went on meds, he weighed about 13 lbs. I have to leave food out, dry, for my cats all day as my vet has order Mac to put on weight! Mac used to be about 9 lbs., but now he tips the scales at about 6 or 7 lbs. D*med if I do, d*mned if I don't.:rolleyes:

pomtzu
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
My 3 RB Siamese were all different sizes.

Suki was a tiny little girl and probably never got to be much more than 4 pounds.

My boy Ming was about 10 pounds, and Sam was about 12 pounds.

They were all healthy when in their prime, so I was never really concerned about how much or how little they weighed.

aTailOf2Kitties
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
my guys are 9 and 11 pounds, but I have seen some Siamese that were just BIG cats, not necessarily fat. My dearly departed Montego (not a Siamese)was just a big boy, his ideal weight was around 14 pounds. Plus he was longhaired so he looked even bigger:eek:

monkaz82
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
so it looks like my guy tips the scale lol. here is a new pic ownin my comp chair

Vermontcat
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
My girls are two very petite little Siamese ladies.:)
Milly weighs 7 lbs and Izzy weighs only 6 lbs.
Milly has a strong food drive and would weigh a lot more if I free fed her.
Izzy is a very dainty lady who doesn't eat much compared to Milly, she is mostly fluff so she looks about the same size as Milly.

elizabethann
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Olivia weighs about 6-7 pounds.

lanabanana
10-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Baxter, my flame point siamese weighs 16lbs vet says its fine he sprints around the house tackling the dog so he has no trouble moving around at all he only cries for food if we don't stick to our feeding schedule. he was neutered before one year so he has a bit of a pooch belly but other than that he is all muscle.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-15-2011, 07:00 PM
I think Buddy:love: weighs around 11-12 lbs . He is still pretty active at 7 yrs.

kaycountrygal
10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I think Mr. Luke is part Siamese and he currently weighs ~18 lbs.

His highest weight at one time was 27 lbs. He was miserable and all he did was eat, sleep and poop LOL. Then it got so bad that he had severe constipation and the vet and I changed his diet in Dec 2010 when he weighed 22 lbs. His diet since Dec 2010 is canned Hills w/d and canned Wellness No Grain and recently I added a small amount of dry Blue Wilderness No Grain. Since losing weight, he is like a different cat--so much more active and seems happier and healthier.

mrspunkysmom
10-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I think weight depends on the size of your kitty. I've looked at your albums. If these are current pix then he doesn't look that much overweight. Listen to the vet on this.

However, feeding a grain free food will help his health. Also, daily exercise such as chasing a pointer or other toy will also benefit his health.

Trust me, I have a huge cat that really needs to lose 3 or 4 pounds and no more. He is at least 1 inch taller in the shoulder than the other kitties, so he should weigh more. I am currently exercising him and have him on weight control food.

Good luck,

monkaz82
10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
He's lil over two yrs now n 16lbs but I'm thinking this fall he's gona gain it back lol. He's active specially when I'm on the toliet lol or at 530 in the morning trying to get me up to feed him. He now tells me when feeding time is