PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for Easter...

carole
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I am really looking forward to the break this year, hubby is taking an extra day off and we are going to a place about half an hours drive in the middle the country called Waingaro,(why narrow o) hot springs, to have a swim and picnic.
My son is coming down on the saturday, so will be lovely to see him, and we probably will take in a movie over the long weekend.

To top it off i have free Mcdonalds vouchers,and a free voucher for $20 worth of ice cream, that is a lot of ice cream,luckily i have a few to share with, so all in all should be a good time ahead.
And if i get really bored i won the complete set of private practice the second season, i have never watched this series at all, so have 6 dvds there, the weather is looking promising though, so don't think i will be doing that.

Eating, swimming,going to the movies and being with family my favourite things to be doing.

So what are your plans, anything exciting?

Karen
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
After the morning church service, we'll be spending Easter up in New Hampshire at Paul's sister's house, so Saturday I will be baking bunny cookies and other cookies to share with the total of 25 people that are coming!

CountryWolf07
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Church, my boyfriend will come over for our Easter dinner, then I will go over his house for his family's Easter dinner. :)

moosmom
03-30-2010, 08:29 AM
My best friend Susie and I are grilling. Prime rib (on sale at Stew Leonards), salad, fresh veggies and a decadent dessert and great company.

My daughter is busy with her own plans.

Queen of Poop
03-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Cali, Diego and I will be going to Mom and Dads for Easter. We're taking my mom a surprise - a silk plant. Aparently she loves them and has wanted one for a while.

Pinot's Mom
03-30-2010, 08:41 AM
We will be at church (10:30 service, but with rehearsals we'll be there early) in the morning, and then....NO PLANS! You don't know how odd that is!

I have relatives nearby, but they all plans of their own, so it's just me and hubby and Pinot. That's definitely OK! :)

pomtzu
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Nothing special here. Both grandkids will be with their respective mothers, so I cooked a big Easter dinner last weekend. The weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm (low 80's - YES!:D) this weekend, so I imagine Steve and Heidi will take advantage of it and take a day trip on the Harley. That leaves me and the pups to do whatever we want and whenever we want.

BitsyNaceyDog
03-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Wow, Ellie, I think you're weather is going to be warmer than ours.

As for our Easter plans, we're going to my parents house on Saturday for an Easter egg hunt and a meal. We're going to stop by my in-laws' house too, but we're not doing anything too exciting with them, just visiting. On Sunday we'll probably take Nathan to the park or do something outside since the weather is supposed to be nice.

Catty1
03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Easter was never huge in our family...Mom is coming over on Thursday to help organize my place. She asked about Sunday dinner. We will likely go to the cemetery with the bright yellow daffodils (artificial but look great) and 'visit' Dad and Darcia. Then maybe lunch somewhere.

At church, the music team is going to wear goofy hats. Our pastor has a weird thing about Big Hats, so I am going to suggest ball caps with a big flower on each!

happylabs
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Making Easter dinner for mom and dad, daughter, son and his girlfriend, and my brother. My mom is 87 so I have taken over cooking the big holiday meals to give her a break. She deserves it! I don't let her do anything to help either. She is required to sit and visit with me while I cook and clean up.

Medusa
04-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Lunch w/girlfriends, then to my house for a cream tea. Hopefully, this nice weather will hold up and we can sit outdoors on the patio.

Laura's Babies
04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a busy day planned since it is my last Sunday before I go back to work. Going to do my usual getting ready to go back to work stuff. Debated on buying a turkey breast and cooking a small Easter Dinner for myself but I would rather a pot of taco soup so I got the makings for that instead.

Don't sound like much but is will be a busy full day.. I just gotta find some PEEPS for Sunday!

cassiesmom
04-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Slightly different mix of family this year. My nephew and my oldest niece are both in serious relationships, so their respective spouses-to-be will be with us. I think there is less effort involved than when the kids were little and we did the whole colored eggs and baskets routine. Then on Monday everyone goes back to work and school. I wish the U.S. observed Easter Monday.

carole
04-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Well i never knew the US did not have Easter Monday off, we do here in NZ, thank goodness.:)

wombat2u2004
04-03-2010, 06:11 AM
We do to, here in Aussie. It's a four day break for us.
I'm spending Easter working on house No.2, to keep my tenant happy.
And then tomorrow night Karen and I will be having a barbie here at home with a couple of friends.

anna_66
04-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Nothing exciting here. I work till 4 or 5 then off to the grocery store.
I am happy I get to spend the rest of the day with my hubby :D

cloverfdx
04-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Nothing at all planned here, which is fine with me. I have 5 days off work so i am just happy with that LOL.

Alysser
04-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I think we're just staying home and having a nice dinner. I might go to a my best friend's aunts house, but I'm not entirely sure. They stay there for a long time and it gets boring.

chocolatepuppy
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Three days off work!!!:D I'm doing a lot of cleaning and outside time with the pups. Easter Sunday, I'll go to church and over to my parents to visit my family, we meet there.:)

pomtzu
04-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Well i never knew the US did not have Easter Monday off, we do here in NZ, thank goodness.:)

A lot of places here in the States have Good Friday off, so those people have a 3 day weekend. It's not an "official" holiday tho, and is pretty much up to the business as to whether they close or not.

davidpizzica
04-03-2010, 01:57 PM
My best friend Susie and I are grilling. Prime rib (on sale at Stew Leonards), salad, fresh veggies and a decadent dessert and great company.

My daughter is busy with her own plans.

Hey, Donna? Can I come over?? Sounds great!

davidpizzica
04-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Here at Concordia, we'll have a special Easter dinner at 12:30 and at 2:00 there's an Easter service planned.

Marigold2
04-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Just the three of us this year. Daughter working till 6pm and then a nice dinner followed by good TV and laughter.
I will be gardening in the am.

k9krazee
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Studying. I have exams Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (really worried about the Monday one)...and haven't REALLY started studying yet. :o Senioritis, I have it.

krazyaboutkatz
04-04-2010, 01:26 AM
I'll be having dinner with my parents. I think it'll be at my parents house unless they want to go out some where. Other than that nothing special is planned.

carole
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
well in NZ it is illegal to open either Good Friday or Easter Sunday, some retailers do it though and can be fined up to $1000, it is often debated as to whether it should be changed, i am not for it myself, as i think people in shops deserve a break.

My easter break was ok, not quite as good as i planned, as i had bad neck pain and sinus problems, which made me feel really unwell, still went to the hot springs,did share some family time with my son and nephew and his girlfriend, and ate too much bad food,back on WW today though.,hope everyone else had a good break though.