PDA

View Full Version : I need help...

luckies4me
10-17-2002, 10:23 AM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the background from a picture so that it is transparent? I am trying to make a banner for my website and I want to put some pics of my animals in it but I can't figure out how to make the background transparent. Someone please help me! I would be forever grateful.:)

wolf_Q
10-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Are you using adobe photoshop? What I usually do is go to file and new, and click to make the background transparent there. Then cut out the pic and drag it onto that one. To save it as transparent go to file, and then export it as a gif. I'm not actually looking in the program right now, so I'm not sure if that's exactly what it says.....but something to that effect.....let me know if you get it to work.

luckies4me
10-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Yes that's what I'm using. I will go try that right now. It's just so hard to cut the pic out in a way that it looks good, you know? Thanks and I will let you know if I can do it or not. :)

wolf_Q
10-17-2002, 10:39 AM
Use the one where it makes straight lines, and click very often to make things look round. It's easier to get the shape right. Try setting the feather to like 0.2 or something and it will smooth your lines out a bit.

luckies4me
10-17-2002, 01:08 PM
Wolf Q

Ok I did it! Wheeee! The funny thing is, I knew how to do that and for some reason I forgot. I have been getting this error in Phtoshop everytime I click on something and it confused me I guess. Thank you so much for making me remember. I'm sure I would have got it, just would have taken me while, lol!

Everyone:

Here is the name of my website, can someone tell me if I have the punctuation correct? This is how I have it:

Cheetahs' Den- Home of the Bengal Brood!

Is that right, or is it just Cheetahs Den?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Karen
10-17-2002, 04:33 PM
When it is possesive, as in - the den belonging to Cheetahs, you DO need the apostrophe. If it was "a den of cheetahs," you would NOT need the apostrophe.

luckies4me
10-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Ok I am referring to her Den, as in her house, therfor I think as you said I need the apostrophe correct? But, where does it go?

Is it Cheetah's or Cheetahs'? Thanks.

Also, can anyone see my signature?