PDA

View Full Version : FBI Rounding Up Militia Groups

lizbud
03-29-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/22981257/detail.html

Grace
03-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Heard about that on the noon news. At first I wondered if it was Fred Phelps and his gang.

Also wonder if these people believe in that adage - Don't retreat, Reload. Are they in step with that Congressman who yelled Baby Killer on the floor of the House?

That was the same crap that was hurled at our returning Vets in Vietnam.

Karen
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/michigan.arrests/index.html?hpt=T1

It's not random Militia groups, but a specific one, about which they got information about a planned attack. Allegedly.

Cataholic
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
LB- I was going to tell you to get in your car and drive east 1.5 hours! But, then I saw it was Detroit...so you guys are still safe.

Wackos. Wackos. Wackos. Allegedly.

Grace
03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
LB- I was going to tell you to get in your car and drive east 1.5 hours! But, then I saw it was Detroit...so you guys are still safe.

Wackos. Wackos. Wackos. Allegedly.

Ah yes, right in my area.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/fbi-conducts-raids-in-washtenaw-lenawee-counties/

lizbud
03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
If they really want to play "soldiers" , we coud use them in Afghanistan.

Cataholic
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Ah yes, right in my area.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/fbi-conducts-raids-in-washtenaw-lenawee-counties/

You can drive 5 hours south...we don't have the room, but the couch is comfy.

Grace
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
You can drive 5 hours south...we don't have the room, but the couch is comfy.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

Grace
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
According to the news reports I've read and heard, this is a Christian-based Militia group.

Can someone explain to me what part of Christianity supports violence and murder?

Puckstop31
03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
According to the news reports I've read and heard, this is a Christian-based Militia group.

Can someone explain to me what part of Christianity supports violence and murder?

That's easy... None. These people clearly are not truly followers of Christ.

But ya gotta know that most of the media made a mess of themselves when they saw that these morons are using "Christianity" as their motivation.

Also, the "militia" movement today, at least as it is defined in a modern sense makes me LOL. Those clowns just set themselves up to be the first to go should the unthinkable happen. Making yourself or a group capable of defending yourself? Great. Being overt and claiming some political objective? Just plain old stupid.

RICHARD
03-29-2010, 07:55 PM

The Christians were always poking people in the arse with sharp sticks throughout history.

And they've have barrels of whoop arse opened on them, too.

Remember the Crusades!

Daniel 1, Lions 0.

I gotta a sling and a rock, how can we work it into a sports metaphor?:eek:

Tell you what, You guys run ahead and I'll drown the Egyptians that are tailing us!

Bring me the head of John the Baptist!

I think the Brothers Grimm were nicer to their characters?

Grace
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
That was then; this is now.

No Salome, no Richard Cœur de Lion (btw, did you know he was gay?), no David who alone broke at least 4 Commandments.

Just some scarey far-right idiots.

Puckstop31
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
, no David who alone broke at least 4 Commandments.

Yet he atoned for his sins. Ya think our current bunch of 'leaders' will atone for their sins in 20 years?

"Our lives.....Our Fortunes......Our Sacred Honor....."

What do they really risk?

Indeed... Just as scary as the merry band of far left idiots with whom we entrust our country currently. Just as dangerous.... Just as evil.... Just as much a risk to liberty..... Only, "nice".

"I may err in my measures, but never shall deflect from the intention to fortify the public liberty by every possible means, and to put it out of the power of the few to riot on the labors of the many." --Thomas Jefferson to John Tyler, 1804. ME 11:33

Lady's Human
03-29-2010, 11:29 PM
That was then; this is now.

No Salome, no Richard Cœur de Lion (btw, did you know he was gay?), no David who alone broke at least 4 Commandments.

The last person who followed God's law to perfection was put on a cross about 2000 years ago. Something in the Bible to the effect that "all have fallen short of the Glory of God" or some such................

I love the modern claims that (fill in your famous military figure) was gay. Based on what?

RICHARD
03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

They have every right to be ticked off and crotchety?:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Richard you are too funny :D

wombat2u2004
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I love the modern claims that (fill in your famous military figure) was gay. Based on what?

I think he liked to hit people with his glove. :p

momoffuzzyfaces
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM

They apparently have a different Bible than mine!!! Mine teaches love for others not killing them. :love:

By the way, Richard, Christians didn't start acting up until after they were being fed to lions and being used as living torches for the amusment of those in charge. They were just trying to follow their beliefs in peace but others kept messing with them, starting with killing Jesus then all the apostles. Well, except John. Even he was boiled in oil but managed to live to write the book of Revelation. :love:

RICHARD
03-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Daniel 1, Lions 0.

Got them covered.;)
-----------

I was talking to my brother today and we touched upon the religion thing.

You know, I never could get over the 'nailed on a cross' story, there was another one where a man was shot with arrows and left upon a frozen lake to die-I think he was a saint....

wombat2u2004
04-01-2010, 03:47 AM
You know, I never could get over the 'nailed on a cross' story, there was another one where a man was shot with arrows and left upon a frozen lake to die-I think he was a saint....

Wasn't that in a John Wayne movie ????:p

RICHARD
04-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Wasn't that in a John Wayne movie ????:p

You are thinking about the "Sands of Iwo Jima", Sgt. Stryker got shot in the back.:(;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Got them covered.;)
-----------

I was talking to my brother today and we touched upon the religion thing.

What's to get over? You either believe it or you don't. I do!!! :love:

RICHARD
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
What's to get over? You either believe it or you don't. I do!!! :love:

I do believe in a god, but to have him nailed on a cross hurts my hands.
I want to believe my god has super powers and could just zap people before they got close to him.:confused::(;)

Puckstop31
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I do believe in a god, but to have him nailed on a cross hurts my hands.
I want to believe my god has super powers and could just zap people before they got close to him.:confused::(;)

Not to derail this any further, or to make this too serious...

But in reference to the bolded part... He COULD have, but He did not. That's kinda the whole point.

:)

RICHARD
04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Not to derail this any further, or to make this too serious...

But in reference to the bolded part... He COULD have, but He did not. That's kinda the whole point.

:)

I am in admiration over the sense of restraint.

My god is more a loose cannon. He don't suffer fools lightly?:eek::confused::o

Grace
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Going way back - to the original content of this topic, here is the latest news. (http://www.annarbor.com/news/prosecutors-say-hutaree-militia-plotted-to-take-over-washtenaw-2-other-counties/index.php)

Adding one more link. (http://www.annarbor.com/news/court-records-on-hutaree-leader-show-no-history-of-criminal-activity/)

Karen
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Wow, stay safe, Grace!

RICHARD
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
God, looks like a group gathering for people born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Morons.:eek:

wombat2u2004
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
God, looks like a group gathering for people born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Morons.:eek:

They look like a real bunch of losers....hey ???

blue
04-03-2010, 01:00 AM
David who alone broke at least 4 Commandments.

I can prove I've broken 6 of the 10 Commandments, are you going to turn me in to the FBI?

:rolleyes: Those that consider themselves moderate or centrists are actually left, to far left, of center, they just refuse admit it. To me that is far scarier.