PDA

View Full Version : Senior pics/my granddaughter

pomtzu
03-29-2010, 07:52 AM
The little girl is all grown up and will be graduating from h.s. in just a matter of weeks. She'll be starting college in the Fall, and will be the very first in the family to attend a university on a full time basis. Needless to say - we are all so very proud of her.
Thought I'd share her senior pictures:

wombat2u2004
03-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Very pretty girl.
So she gets her good looks from Granma ???? ;)
Yes, you should be very proud of her achievements thus far.....and I'm wishing her good fortune from downunder in regards to her future studies.
My youngest daughter also finishes HS this year and will be in Uni next year, she must be the same age.

moosmom
03-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Ellie,

She's beautiful. Which I had that color hair!! Thanks for sharing.

Cataholic
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Very pretty young lady, with a good head on her shoulders, in every way, too!

lvpets2002
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
:) Yes she is Very Pretty Young Lady.. What is she to major in with college?? She looks to be a attorney..

pomtzu
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
:) Yes she is Very Pretty Young Lady.. What is she to major in with college?? She looks to be a attorney..

Nope - not a lawyer - tho she would make a good one. She has a great gift of debate/argument, which she seems to have inherited from her father and grandmother (ME)!! :eek:

She's majoring in psychology/social work and has her sites on counseling - most likely with children. She already has a lot of college credits thru a program at her h.s., and will be enrolled in an advanced program at the university, and she will have her Master's Degree in 5 years of total school. Who knows - maybe she'll go on for her PhD. She will probably continue on with her Spanish also (she already has 3 years), since there is a great demand for bi-lingual social workers.

She had several fields of interest - marine biology, architectural design/engineering, and psychology. She could have excelled in any of them, but decided on this path. I would have sworn she would have gone with the architecture field. A lot I know..........:rolleyes::(

Karen
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
She had several fields of interest - marine biology, architectural design/engineering, and psychology. She could have excelled in any of them, but decided on this path. I would have sworn she would have gone with the architecture field. A lot I know..........:rolleyes::(

Maybe she took a look at the coursework for architecture and decided it was too much math .... but hey, she is young, she can still change her mind, or combine several interests! Best wishes to her for a shining future!

caseysmom
03-29-2010, 01:19 PM
She is very pretty. I think there is extra scholarship monies available if you are the first in your family to go to a university, at least I thought I rememberd hearing that.

pomtzu
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe she took a look at the coursework for architecture and decided it was too much math .... but hey, she is young, she can still change her mind, or combine several interests! Best wishes to her for a shining future!

LOL - she's a whiz at math - no problem there. She goes thru calculus and geometry like it is simple addition and subtraction.

She is very pretty. I think there is extra scholarship monies available if you are the first in your family to go to a university, at least I thought I rememberd hearing that.

I'll have to ask about that one. She already has a lot of scholarship money - about half of her tuition the last I heard.

caseysmom
03-29-2010, 01:31 PM
LOL - she's a whiz at math - no problem there. She goes thru calculus and geometry like it is simple addition and subtraction.

I'll have to ask about that one. She already has a lot of scholarship money - about half of her tuition the last I heard.

Thats good, she has probably answered the questions they ask to determine the finances. I remember you saying that about her math, her and my youngest are a lot alike in that respect, my kid definetely does not get it from me!

Daisy and Delilah
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Awwwww.......she's gorgeous, Ellie!!! What a natural beauty. Best wishes to her in whatever she chooses to do. :)

Grace
03-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Ellie, she is beautiful - must get it from her grandmother, along with the brains :love:

Thanks for sharing her :)

My youngest grandson will be here for a visit very soon. Can't wait to see him, and his parents, of course.

Lillycat
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
this is a most exciting time in her life......so many dreams.....

wombat2u2004
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM
She's majoring in psychology/social work and has her sites on counseling - most likely with children. (

Well there you go, what a coincidence.
April also starts Pyschology next year, but she wants to major in Forensics like her big sister.