PDA

View Full Version : Any old B'more Colts fans out there?

Pinot's Mom
03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow! We were at a wedding this afternoon, at the Valley Country Club - very good friends of ours - and when the bar opened, it was a different room, we walked in and all the walls were covered in Artie Donovan stuff. A sports savvy friend that was with us said - it's the Artie Donovan bar. I didn't know the correlation. Then we realized Artie Donovan was sitting across from us! We had a great conversation with him; funny man! Coop and I were attending a 50th Bday party after the wedding. Coop (my husband) thought our friend would LOVE a photo from Artie - who had left at this point....asked his son, who was still there...son said, go next door, knock on the back door, he'll be fine. Coop did, Artie signed a photo personalized for our friend, amazing.....GREAT DAY!:)

Puckstop31
03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow! We were at a wedding this afternoon, at the Valley Country Club - very good friends of ours - and when the bar opened, it was a different room, we walked in and all the walls were covered in Artie Donovan stuff. A sports savvy friend that was with us said - it's the Artie Donovan bar. I didn't know the correlation. Then we realized Artie Donovan was sitting across from us! We had a great conversation with him; funny man! Coop and I were attending a 50th Bday party after the wedding. Coop (my husband) thought our friend would LOVE a photo from Artie - who had left at this point....asked his son, who was still there...son said, go next door, knock on the back door, he'll be fine. Coop did, Artie signed a photo personalized for our friend, amazing.....GREAT DAY!:)

Wow.... I did not think he was still alive.

Very cool. :)

Pinot's Mom
03-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow.... I did not think he was still alive.

Very cool. :)

Alive and EXTREMELY funny!:)

RICHARD
03-28-2010, 08:12 AM
LOL,

If you like old football stories read his book FATSO.

A laugh a minute. He tells one story about taping old magazines to his shins before a game.

WHY? To prevent the other team members from landing kicks during the afternoon......:eek:

Great stuff, good to hear he is still around.

boomersooner
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Not really a fan, but I STILL find myself, even to this day, calling them the Baltimore Colts!