PDA

View Full Version : My dog 'attack' story!

RICHARD
03-27-2010, 11:44 AM
I usually wait until right around dusk to take my walk around the neighborhood.

Last night I made my way up the street when I heard a little yipper start to bark, I turned and heard, then saw a a large black pitbull or boxer mix dog come charging out of the driveway of the house and approach me.

Oh (insert a few cuss words here), this is going to be fun.

The black dog stopped about 7-8 feet away.

I had turned to face him and thought about running (Stupid idea)...I started to tell him "Get away". My usual line to dogs that approach is "Go Home!' But I knew this dude was serious about protecting his turf...

He feinted a lunge at me, so I lifted my arms to keep him from grabbing them and keeping me from throttling his nasty arse in case he decided to bite me!:eek:

I have heard that there are some tactical things you should do in case you are attacked by a dog...I was ready to kick at him, but thought against it.

IT's really funny how many things will go flying thru your head in the space of about 3 seconds.

I am still telling him to go away when he came right up to my leg and nipped at me. I was wearing cargo pants and felt him get a mouth full of fabric and a nip on my thigh.

After this he turned and ran into the yard.

I moved away quickily and was more irritated he got so close to me-I thought he may have broken the skin and torn my pants.

When I got to the minimart at the corner I checked my leg and saw that he barely touched me. I did have two tiny bruises on my skin but no other damage.

----------

On the way back I passed the same house on the other side of the street and sure enough the dog stood on the sidewalk and watched me walk by again.

I had armed myself with a plastic bottle of Pepsi, just in case.

I learned that some of the most important rules of confronting a dog are pretty useful.

Don't run, don't give a dog your back and use a huge voice when trying to talk a dog out of giving you a taste.

:eek::rolleyes:;)

Alysser
03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
What did the owners say about all this? Did you tell them? They need to be informed, although they sound like they won't give a crap - but you should tell them. This dog is a potential danger.

pomtzu
03-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes Richard - you should report it. The next person might not be so lucky as to get away with just a nip. What if he goes after a child??? - they would probably try to run from him, and that would just agitate the dog even more, and he could do some serious damage, or worse maybe. :mad:

Please report it - if not for yourself, then for the safety of others.

RICHARD
03-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I didn't want to take the chance of being mauled by walking up up to the house. The house was dark and there was no light in the area. I wasn't feeling confident enough to do it.

I walked by this morning and got the address to the property.

pomtzu
03-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I didn't want to take the chance of being mauled by walking up up to the house. The house was dark and there was no light in the area. I wasn't feeling confident enough to do it.

I walked by this morning and got the address to the property.

I wouldn't have walked up to the house either!! :eek:

Now that you have the address, you can file a report with "the powers that be".

Queen of Poop
03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
You really should consider calling it in. The next child that passes by might not be so lucky. I am glad you are ok.

Laura's Babies
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I would have called the law once at the mini mart and reported it. It should be reported! OR call animal control and report it! The next person might not be as lucky as you were and you live to regret not reporting it. REPORT IT!

wombat2u2004
03-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Yeah, report it mate. Animals like that should not have access to the street.

RICHARD
03-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah, report it mate. Animals like that should not have access to the street.

IT's was kinda hard to do while I had a loaded nappie following me until I got home.:eek:;)

No one takes you seriously when you smell.:o

wombat2u2004
03-28-2010, 08:10 AM
it's was kinda hard to do while i had a loaded nappie following me until i got home.:eek:;)

no one takes you seriously when you smell.:o

hah !!!! :d:d

Catherinedana
03-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Very frightnening. I'm glad you kept your wits, however smelly a situation it became after that. Most folks would run - I think that 's the natural reaction. This definately needs to be reported since the dog appears to have been allowed to run loose when the owners of the home are not even there to handle him!! Baaaaaad. . . I bet you're not the only one.

In the meantime, take another route to the mini mart of buy a bigger bottle of Pepsi (I'm a Coke gal myself!)

Marigold2
03-28-2010, 12:01 PM
So glad you are ok. Please do report it. A child walking would not be so smart and calm as you, they would surly run.

king2005
03-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Sounds like the dog might have escaped & is scared.. If the dog was really angry it would have done more then what it did.. It sounded like it wasn't sure what to do.

Something similar happened to a neighbour's dog back home. They were new & everyone knew the Rottie was semi protective, but not a wild beast. THey also knew the dog was always in teh house or in the fenced yard. One day the dog was in the front yard, barking & snapping at people who tried to come near the property or the sidewalk. Neighbours also saw the dog trying to get back into the house from the window he fell from (it wasn't high at all). The police showed up & made a no-walking barrier. The neighbours made it VERY clear the dog was just scared & DO NOT HURT HIM. The police noticed this too & didn't harm him, when the dog came barking up to people the police shouted at him to go home & he would run further into the yard keeping away.. poor thing was soooo scared & confused. Luckly he got back through the window & the police boarded him in.

After that several neighbours visited the new neighbour to let them know what happened & they were worried not so nice police would show up next time & just kill the poor dog. So the neighbours got to know the dog & became his friend, so if something happened again, they could just call him over & lock him up in their yard, or inside their home so he would be safe.

I'm hoping this is a similar case & the poor dog was scared & confused after escaping from its home.

RICHARD
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Picked up the phone and did it.

And I have sworn off pepsi, too.

---------

I understand the idea that the dog may have been scared, but I was a little concerned about getting mauled.

I am kinda amazed that I stood my ground and kept cool. My main 'scare' was the dog grabbing my arms or hands and not being able to defend myself.
I'd give him a leg and would have tried to throttle him while he was busy.:eek::mad:

lvpets2002
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
:) This is why when I go walking I carry a Bigg Stick.. I have had the same thing happen to me too..

king2005
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Picked up the phone and did it.

And I have sworn off pepsi, too.

---------

I understand the idea that the dog may have been scared, but I was a little concerned about getting mauled.

I am kinda amazed that I stood my ground and kept cool. My main 'scare' was the dog grabbing my arms or hands and not being able to defend myself.
I'd give him a leg and would have tried to throttle him while he was busy.:eek::mad:

I totally understand! When I was attacked by the 2 Goldens I fed them my feet as I had hiker boots on.. didn't take them long to get me on the ground, but O kept them on my feet.. when 1 would let go I'd kick the other right in the face., which would cause him to let go so I could kick the other one in the face.. its sucked pretty bad :( but I can't out with no marks, just slobbery boots

Husky_mom
03-29-2010, 06:07 PM
oh Richard... the poor dog just didnīt liked your "flavor"..lol

fun aside, great thing you calling it in.. for eveyones safety, dog included... I know way too many people who wouldīve run and thatīs not really a good thing..

take care and take a bath.. ;)... to relax, that is.. hehehe

wombat2u2004
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
oh Richard... the poor dog just didnīt liked your "flavor"..lol

Too much chilli ????? :D