PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR, are you paying attention?

RICHARD
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Moped rider invents flamethrower

A James Bond fan fed up with drivers cutting him up on his moped invented the ultimate gadget to gain his revenge - a 15ft flamethrower.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1574574.jpg

Colin Furze, 30, from Stamford in Lincolnshire, spent a month converting the 60mph sports scooter in his back garden.

"It's a lot of fun and when I fire the flames out the back it makes me feel just like James Bond," said Mr Furze.

"The flames are pretty big and up to 15 feet long so you could definitely set fire to someone's car if you wanted to.

"The only problem is it can get rather hot if you are riding the moped and blast the flames when the wind is in the wrong direction."

Mr Furze, a plumber, initially tried fixing his road-rage weapon to a BMX bike and it worked so well he decided to try it on his moped.

"It was quite tricky to make and the first version wouldn't fire the flames when the moped was moving," he said.

"My second attempt kept setting fire to itself, but my third version works really well and I'm very pleased with it."

But he added: "I've been told that if I fire the flames while riding on the road it's equivalent to using a fire arm and I could be in a lot of trouble," he said.

"Unfortunately I won't be able to ride it into the centre of town but it's a lot of fun and I'll use it off road."

-------------------

This would be really cool, especially at Martinsville.:eek::rolleyes:;)

kokopup
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't see the big deal except it is on a Moped. When I was a teen we put spark plugs, fired by model T coils, in our exhaust pipes. With the choke on we could throw flames at least 7-10 feet long. It looked pretty cool under full power.:D

RICHARD
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
The exhaust flame thrower!

Back in the day all motorcycles came with a centerstand that you could turn into a 'legal' tailgater remover...

If someone was following too close? Press down on the thing while moving and watch the sparks fly!

Especially effective on the freeway at night!