PDA

View Full Version : A new dog park ON MY STREET!!! WOOHOO!!

king2005
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I was googling for a dog park & found this awesome news!
http://www.torontodogblog.com/toronto-dog-parks/botany-hill-dog-park/

I'm on the south end of the street & it'll be on the north end of the street. So it'll be a nice walk there & back :)

I do hope they incorporate part of the Creek into the park (if possible as its a horrid cliff on my end, but the bottom of the cliff is nice), as Digi likes the water & will swim. If they don't thats ok, the creek runs behind my building so I can still take her swimming once in a while :)

amberlynn
03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
congrats....i dont take my dogs to dog parks....i dont know why but i dont like it they dont listen to well when they are at home so i see some issues with new dogs and what not....if i want them to run or play i have a gravel pit in front behind and on the side of me and if i want to go for a walk and let them swim behind the gravel pit is the chena river....bout a mile walk.....or i can take them to my sister in laws house who has 18 acres of woods and her dogs just roam there....

MonicanHonda
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Yay! I love my dog park here in Findlay. :) Especially with Delta because she listens to well to me, so it's easy to keep her away from things she shouldn't be in (like crowding the new people coming in) There USUALLY aren't problems at the park, at least from what I've seen, and when it happens, I leave immediately and usually the people take the hint. Hahaha

king2005
03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I want to take her to the dog park so she can be socialized more. Shes a big chicken doo-doo & with a park that close I know I can get her over her dog fears, as shes gotten over all her other fears. Shes not scared of Dogs, she loves so say hi, sniff them & lick their faces.. she'll also walk or romp around with a dog hear her.. But dogs running up to her is her biggest issue, she wont bite them or anything, but she tries to keep away from them & if a dog jumps on her she is known to curl up into a ball & scream bloody murder, even though the dog isn't hurting her. she just thinks its going to rip her to shreds like the pug did to her many times before she was 6 weeks old (I still want to kill the people that had her before me)..

But she is a MUCH more confident dog & hasn't screamed when I dog goes near her in a long time.. She LOVES meeting Bear & Betty here at the building, oddly enough Betty is a pug & Digi loves to lick Betty's nose hehehe

Digi might not be able to go into the park right away, but With the park being there, it'll allow us to meet calm dogs to help her gain more confidence when near other dogs & hopefully be able to run around with other dogs in the park :)