PDA

View Full Version : Big Boy and Sweety Claws Reach Agreement.

Scorpio
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
After months of bitchin', chasin' and fightin', they finally got a room. The hallway, actually. On a sunny spring day, with Hendrix on the stereo. Our little girl has grown up!
Now, to quash any rumours, Big Boy is the neutered one, Sweety Claws is fully equipped and raring to go. Big Boy's exertions, though they not bear fruit, may serve to bond them in a 'you belong to me, woman!' kind of relationship, in which Miss Hormones may be protected from other, more fertile, males.
So far so good. But after several hours of courtship and consumation, Big Boy seemed ready for a nap or a bite to eat. The fair maiden, on the other hand, was in the mood for a party. I don't think it will be long before she starts checking out some of the younger models.
We would love kittens, but the kids are not wildly enthusiastic. We have decided to let nature take its course.

Catty1
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Why not spay her? There is no shortage of cats and kittens that are wanting homes, why add more to the over-supply?

So glad to hear that Sweety Claws and Big Boy are bonding!:)

king2005
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Thousands of cats & kittens are killed daily at shelters as there are so many irresponsible owners allowing them to breed all the bloody time. Please get your cat fixed so you're not adding to the problem. If you want more cats, then go save a life at the shelter.

columbine
03-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I have to agree. Spaying doesn't just reduce the number of kittens, it reduces a female cat's chances of getting cancer and lengthens her life.

Love, Columbine

catmandu
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Please have Sweety Claws spayed, shes already going into heat, and that will bring every intact male around to your home.
Unless you are ready to guarantee a home for each and every Kitten, its the humane thing to do.
We have too many Unwanted Little Faces sitting in Cages now, praying for a Furrever Home and their place in the Sun.:(:(:(

Scorpio
03-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Since I wrote the notice, we have come to the same conclusion. We are getting her spayed next week.

Catty1
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
:) Cool! Thanks.:love:

I wonder if Big Boy will still, er, "love" her. :D;)

catmandu
03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Thats great news and we bet that Big Boy^^ and Sweety Claws ^^become the Best of Friends , the way that Cats will, and become a Great Dynamic Duo.:):)
We can hardly wait to see them curled up together!!
:love::love::love:

Randi
03-27-2010, 09:42 AM
I too am happy that Sweety Claws will get spayed. :) In a few days time, there should be photos of her and her Big Boy.

Barbara
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I can understand your mixed feelings - and certainly I remember Sweety Claws feelings from being an adolescent teenager once ;)
35 years ago I had a cat who had babies- I will never forget that experience and there is nothing cuter than a bunch of kittens- now I get my kitten fix on PT as so many pregnant cat girls are kicked out of their homes and need rescuing. (In the cat world there is no knight on a white horse who marries her and makes her the princess of a minor kingdom ;)).

krazyaboutkatz
03-27-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm glad to hear that Sweety Claws will be getting spayed.:) She'll be much happier and will also calm down. I bet that she and Big Boy will get along better too.:) Good luck.:)

phesina
03-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Thank you for deciding to get her spayed. And here's hoping for improved interfeline relations soon.

smokey the elder
03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
If you need a kitten fix, there's always the potential to foster a pregnant mother or a nursing mother with kittens.

Anikaca77
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Yep I always tend to come across the pregnant ones, I will never forget the one cat that I did feed outside my apartment complex, she had 2 babies and then she disappeared for a while and came back and bam she was big and pregnant.

I didn't see her for a while and someone came over to our place and said it that your cat outside and I jumped up and said that has to be my baby, and I went outside and said "baby, baby come here" and she came waddling all the way down from the woods with this big huge belly. I was able to pick her up because I showed her some can food and took her inside and I found someone to foster her while she was pregnant and she gave birth to 4 babies I believe and the one baby and the mom cat found a home together.

It was so sweet.

Melissa