PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet embarrass you?

Pam
10-17-2002, 07:14 AM
Oh yes this morning Bella was in fine form embarrassing me! It was a couple of minutes past 6:00AM and we had both gotten up early so I went to let her out. Keep in mind at that hour and it is still dark and most people are enjoying those couple of extra winks before having to get up (you know, those precious extra minutes you get when you hit the snooze alarm just once more?) Well, anyway, off she goes like a streak of lightning barking at some unknown thing in the darkness. I was in my slippers trying to walk across the wet grass (it rained all day yesterday) and coax her inside. It was all over fairly quickly but it seemed like ages to me. I found out after I came inside that my son was one of those who had been woken up by her tirade. Fortunately he loves her so she was forgiven instantly. ;)

jenluckenbach
10-17-2002, 02:18 PM
LOL :D

AH the difference between cats and dogs. :p

wolflady
10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
LOL LOL Pam, what a silly girl Bella is! :D She must have just had an early morning burst of energy! :eek:

Marius is our little embarass-monger. It's a little embarassing when guests are over and they remove their shoes and Marius goes straight over and starts smearing himself all over the shoes. Heck...why wait? Get to the shoes while they're STILL on the feet! :rolleyes: LOL
I don't know what it is about feet....

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Better than the way Edwina greets guests....she head for her litter pan and makes them a little "gift." (She also smells the shoes -- a little something she and Marius could do together???? Someone came to do an appraisal on the house and took off his shoes. I warned him that is "cat bait." Sure enough...)

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:26 PM
LOL LOL Edwina...you silly gal you! I don't know what it is with those shoes and feet! That is so silly! I will have to scan a picture I got back recently. Literally, Marius is lying on top of a pile of shoes! I laughed so hard! Marius is up for a round of shoe sniffin' with Edwina...:D

Another thing that was a bit embarassing was brought to my attention today. A couple of friends of mine came down to visit and stayed over the whole weekend last weekend. Of course they couldn't resist my Marius and they fell for his little eyes looking up at them. So, needless to say, he got a lot of luvin's and belly rubs!
Well, today, my friend came up to me (she works in my office) and pointed to her shirt and said "look! Marius hairs!" LOL The catch was, it was a clean shirt pulled from her dresser that hasn't ever been to my house! LOL I told her that yup...once you love all over my cat...his hair magically will follow..to her apt, clothing, car...etc. There's no escape from Marius hairs!!! :rolleyes:

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:28 PM
oops, I was going to attach a pic of marius and some shoes for Edwina...he's hoping it will help win her back over...;) LOL

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:28 PM
...caught in the act...

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:29 PM
...no...I don't have a thing for shoes...

jenluckenbach
10-17-2002, 07:24 PM
My cats love the shoe pile at the entrance to our living room. Someone is always "laying in the shoes". Amanda used to lay with her front feet, heck her whole front legs, way down in the shoes!
But is is really embarrassing when they go into peoples purses and steal things or take up residece in their coats for a nap.

Pam
10-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
Marius goes straight over and starts smearing himself all over the shoes.
LOL! LOL! :D :D Karen you have mentioned this tremendous shoe attraction before but somehow tonight the way you worded this had me laughing out loud and the pictures are too cute!!!!!!! Marius you are just too cute, and if you enjoy sniffing shoes, I say go right ahead and enjoy yourself! ;)

I have mentioned this once before here at Pet Talk but it fits this thread so here goes again. One day my son had a friend over and now keep in mind this kid never had pets and really wasn't a fan of pets in general. Well my miniature poodle, Ashley, (RB) walked over and got sick on the floor right in front of this kid - literally missed his shoe by an inch. I thought I would die. The poor kid was afraid to look down! LOL! That was the fastest clean-up I ever did!

wolflady
10-18-2002, 11:53 AM
LOL LOL That would have been a rapid cleanup Pam! Yikes! That kid was probably traumatized for life! LOL LOL ;)

Well, here they are! Marius and his shoe pile...
Just resting...

wolflady
10-18-2002, 11:54 AM
MY SHOES!!!

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:04 PM
You looking at me?? You looking at ME?? I know these aren't YOUR shoes!!!

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:06 PM
Aerial view:

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Ok, sorry...I had to post just one more pic!! Last one...I promise! LOL :D

I just Loooooooooove shoes...

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Does Marius has a prefrence in shoes? Leather or canvas, open toed v closed toe, slip-on v tie? Men's or women's?

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:40 PM
LOL LOL Not really...although most of our shoes are leather, but he goes all kinds: leather, open toed, canvas...you name it...and...
the stinkier...the better!! :eek: LOL :o

Pam
10-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Karen I swear he looks like my boys do when they are on catnip! LOL! Yes, he certainly does "smear" himself all over them!! LOL! I guess when you and your hubby go out and happen to look down at your shoes you see little white remembrances of your boy on them! Too funny!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
10-18-2002, 02:32 PM
1st of all, I WANT Marius!!;)

2nd, I see he has mastered the "diving" position. front legs strait out in front. 3rd He looks WAAAAAAY to intoxicated! :eek:

FloppsyLadySally54
10-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Oooh, there was a time when Lady embarassed me big time!! Well everyone has had their dog sniff your butt right?? Well it is really embarassing when in front of your friends!! They kept asking me what was wrong as I tried to shove her out of the way (oh and there was nothing wrong with me).

CathyBogart
10-29-2002, 10:47 AM
Well, he's not MY pet but....

I was house and puppy sitting for my aunt for a week. The puppy was Levi, a twelve week old pit bull/hound cross. Can we say HIGH ENERGY?!?! Unfortunately, he was not neutered at the time......

I could not have anyone come by to keep me company without the puppy.....well, acting like a hormonal teen. It was really embarassing, especially the first tine he did it, when my boyfriend stopped by.....

wolflady
10-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
1st of all, I WANT Marius!!;)

2nd, I see he has mastered the "diving" position. front legs strait out in front.

3rd He looks WAAAAAAY to intoxicated! :eek:

LOL LOL LOL :D :D :o

Dakota's Mommy
10-30-2002, 04:29 PM
I would say never, but I sometimes get frustrated when the girls don't listen to me so I tend to get embarrassed when they won't listen to me when we're around other people! Other than that, there's nothing these two could do that would embarrass me!

NoahsMommy
11-02-2002, 12:42 AM
Only when Noah tries to maul our guests...that's not very fun.

Karen, Marius is a DOLL!!! :)

wolflady
11-04-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Only when Noah tries to maul our guests...that's not very fun.

LOL! You may need to get a new door mat: Beware of Cat! :eek: LOL

Karen, Marius is a DOLL!!! :)

LOL :D

He certainly knows how to "work a room". Two of my friends were over and they were completely smitten by Marius. They were literally cooing over him. He approved of their shoes, and the rest is history.
I just stood back and enjoyed the show. Cats certainly have a way of manipulating us hoomans! :rolleyes: