PDA

View Full Version : Director of CT Humane Society Resigns...

moosmom
03-24-2010, 07:34 AM
WOOHOO!!!!! Richard Johnston quit!! This is long time coming. Read on:

RICHARD JOHNSTON RESIGNS FROM CT HUMANE SOCIETY

Richard Johnston, President, CEO and Board Chairman of the Connecticut Humane Society announced his resignation from the organization this afternoon.

“After giving 24 years of dedicated service to the Connecticut Humane Society and its Fox Memorial Pet Hospital, all with an emphasis on saving life and creating state-of-the-art pet shelters, pet home sanctuaries, and medical facilities, all to the purpose of compassionately housing pets and medically treating them when necessary, I have decided to go on to other philanthropic pursuits,” Johnston said.

“Over the years I have approached both my job and the mission of the Connecticut Humane Society with absolute integrity, fairness, professionalism, and moving to the ultimate goal of having every place for every unwanted animal through a non-kill approach. I have attained the important legislative goals of the establishment of including pets in estate planning with Pet Trusts, a state mandate to include our pets in disaster response planning, and the protection of wildlife and important state and regional heritage sites through the protection of our dwindling spaces. I have sincerely tried to speak consistently for every animal in our state as they cannot speak for themselves.”

Johnston concluded: “I wish all of the best to the dedicated employees, volunteers and supporters of both organizations as our world needs, more than ever, the Society’s mission of ‘promoting humanity and kindness.’ Thank you for your kind support over the years, and may God bless you.”
The Board accepted Johnston’s resignation as Executive Director and from the Board of Directors by acknowledging his many years of dedicated service, and thanking him for his commitment to the 129 year-old charitable institution. The Board particularly noted his service to the people and animals of New Orleans during his leadership of a disaster response team during the immediate two weeks following Hurricane Katrina.

The Board of Directors has taken steps to ensure a smooth tran
sition at the conclusion of Johnston’s tenure. Chief Financial Officer Raymond Gasecki was appointed Acting Executive Director, and Fox Memorial Clinic Director Joanne Freeman was named Acting Assistant Executive Director.
Board member Christopher White was elected President of the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Humane Society and President of the Board of Directors of the Fox Memorial Clinic.

“Our first order of business was to form a Personnel Committee comprised of members of both Boards, to begin the search for a new Executive Director,” White said. “We expect the process to take 4-6 months, but in the meantime we are very well served by Ray and Joanne, who are both dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to continuing the great work of the Connecticut Humane Society.”

NOW GOOGLE CT. HUMANE SOCIETY AND READ THE WHOLE STORY

wombat2u2004
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Ya finally got him Donna :D