PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity Almost Killed the Cat!

RedHedd
03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Thank God she didn't get hurt! I live in a 100-year old Victorian with an elevator that is just as old. I was unloading stuff from the elevator and Marbles was "helping" me. I had the elevator door propped open with a box of the stuff I was unloading and then when I got to the last box I thought nothing of taking away, not thinking that the door would slam closed and it's HEAVY! and it did! I quickly opened it to .... no Marbles! She had gotten stuck between the elevator wall and the door - thank God she did not fall down the elevator shaft - she was using her claws to climb out to me on the screening inside the door.

I'm SO upset at myself for not thinking! She could have been smashed by that door - she's still so small and the door is very heavy. She's SO curious about everything! She was unhurt - she thought it was great fun. She just about gave me a heart attack! She is never leaving my apartment, ever again, except for in a carrier or my arms.

Catty1
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG - what a heart attack!!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

Little Marbles thinks EVERYTHING is fun. Good idea to have her in a carrier whenever that elevator is being used!

She is ok, and you are a mess. Comes with owning a kitten!:love:

I hope you feel calmer soon - you are a great cat meowmie, just be easy on yourself...:love::love:

katladyd
03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
It looks like she has captured your heart!:love: Give that precious baby girl loves from me, and do keep her in a carrier when you take her out. Or, you could leash train her.:)

DJFyrewolf36
03-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Oh Marbles be CAREFUL! Wasn't that elevator being repaired when I visited? I seem to recall a reason for taking the stairs...

Give that curious kitty a pet for me!

Laura's Babies
03-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Oh Man! The things they can find to do!! Thank God she didn't get crushed!

catmandu
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
The thing is that Our Cats^^ , like Our Children do things without thinking of the danger.
Older Kids too, like the Snowbiling idiots who caues an avalanche in BC last week, and killed two people.:mad:
We are so relieved that Marbles is all right!!!
:love::love::love:

Barbara
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh my- how scary!!!!!
We are all so glad that little curious Marbles survived and only thought it was fun.

happylabs
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh myyyyyy! So glad she is okay. Whew.

lvpets2002
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
:( Yup for sure a Heart Attack happening.. So glad she is ok..

RedHedd
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
She can't understand why I keep squishing her and holding her oh-so-very close. The little minx!

Cataholic
03-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I saw this on FB and nearly fell over while in court! Thank God she is fine.

Anikaca77
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh my, that would scare me too. I'm so glad she is ok though. My goodness what they get in to.

RedHedd
03-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh Marbles be CAREFUL! Wasn't that elevator being repaired when I visited? I seem to recall a reason for taking the stairs...

Give that curious kitty a pet for me!Yes, same elevator - it's old and dangerous.

phesina
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh, thank God she is all right!

krazyaboutkatz
03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
How scary.:eek: I'm so glad to hear that she's fine.:)

RedHedd
03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
She's fine - more than fine. She's nibbling at me and it tickles a lot, but it's SO cute! I try to get her to stop, but I can't - I'm usually laughing too much

DJFyrewolf36
03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Elevators like this justify my fear of them...I've been known to go to the top floors of some tall buildings just to avoid a suspect elevator...

krazyaboutkatz
03-25-2010, 11:41 PM
She's fine - more than fine. She's nibbling at me and it tickles a lot, but it's SO cute! I try to get her to stop, but I can't - I'm usually laughing too much
Awww!!! How cute.:D She loves her new meowmie and her new home.:)

Medusa
03-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Yikes, what a heart stopper! My heart would've been in my mouth! I can only imagine how scared you must have been. Are you still shaking? I'm so glad that all is well. :)