PDA

View Full Version : Demand Answers from the Central PA Humane Society!

Anikaca77
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Demand Answers from the Central PA Humane Society!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-17, 10:20AM EDT
Reply to: see below

http://altoona.craigslist.org/pet/1648072701.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5, 2010, Dogs Deserve Better's Tamira Thayne investigated a report of dogs chained and abused on abandoned property off Gypsy Camp Hollow Road in Tyrone, Pennsylvania.
Central Pennsylvania Humane Society's Paul Gottshall claimed he knew about these dogs but couldn't go onto the property because they hadn't been reported to him. Apparently it's ok to abuse your animals as long as they can't quite see exactly what kind of abuse you're heaping upon them.
Tamira reported the abuse to him, and he said he'd take care of the situation. Instead, he met officer Wagner of the Pennsylvania State Police at the site, and they conspired to charge Tamira Thayne with trespassing. The people who left these dogs in these conditions, one with her uterus hanging out, and one with a huge tumor on his face, not to mention the copious amount of diarrhea that indicated heavy worm infestations, received NO CHARGES OF ANIMAL CRUELTY, despite the obvious need for immediate veterinary care as provided in existing Pennsylvania Cruelty law.
Is it better to charge those who abuse animals or those who shine a spotlight on the abuse? I think we know Pennsylvania's answer to that.
The abusers gave up three of the dogs to the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society. Two remain chained at the property, the black dog and the blind St. Bernard mix.
The CPHS will not allow Dogs Deserve Better to pull the three dogs, even though we pull dogs from shelters all over the country, get them housetrained, vetted, and ready for new homes. Other 501c3 nonprofit rescue organizations have also tried to pull the dogs. They've been told that the shelter will adopt out the two, the hound and the brown dog, but that Big Boy, the one with the tumor on his face will not be available for adoption, and they will not release information on him.
Good shelters nationwide allow rescue organizations to pull any dogs they want from there in order to save space for other dogs and stop the killing of animals. If this shelter had a place for these dogs, why would they kill any or all of them?
From Tamira Thayne: "I did not risk my personal safety and well-being to help these dogs only to have them die in the shelter. Do dogs deserve life on a chain and then death in a shelter? I think not. Please stand with me today in expecting answers from the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society. What have you done with Big Boy, CPHS? Why would you not release him to rescue when you knew that people wanted to help him? You are morally and ethically obligated to provide dogs with a good life when you pull them off a chain. If Big Boy were with me, whether we could operate on that tumor or not, he would be welcome to lay on my couch and catch treats for the rest of his life if I could not find him a home. He deserved that.
"We want answers. If you donate to this shelter, or if you care about the fate of these dogs, please join with me in insisting Central Pennsylvania Humane Society provide us with the answers as to what they have done with Big Boy. We want proof that he's still alive. We want him and the others released to rescue so they don't die in the shelter. They deserve better."

Call CPHS today:
Phone: 814.942.5402
Fax: 814.942.8505
Email: [email protected]