PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a song...

moosmom
03-19-2010, 09:51 AM
As a child, my maternal grandfather "Bumpy George" used to sing me to sleep with a special song, "Good Night Sweetheart, Till We Meet Tomorrow" (Good night sweetheart, sleep will banish sorrow...) NOT the bebop version "Good Night Sweetheart, Well, It's Time To Go". I went on line but can't find one that will actually let me listen to the song being sung.

Can anyone help me?

Catherinedana
03-19-2010, 10:06 AM
http://popup.lala.com/popup/1009087813059503126

Try this link but if it doesn't work, go to Google and type in Good night sweetheart, sleep will banish sorrow.

The first result should be the song sung by Bing Crosby and you can click on the play button to hear it right there!!!

There also appear to be a few results on youtube, but I can't play them here at work!!

moosmom
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Catherinedana,

Thank you so much!! It brought so many wonderful memories of my Bumpty singing that to me that tears welled up in my eyes. I wish I could find a music box that played that song.

Cincy'sMom
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Catherinedana,

Thank you so much!! It brought so many wonderful memories of my Bumpty singing that to me that tears welled up in my eyes. I wish I could find a music box that played that song.

I haven't been to one in years, so I don't know if they are still around, but there used to be store called San Franciso Music Box Company. You could pick a song to have put into a music box. They had 100's if not 1000's of songs to choose from. May be an option....

moosmom
03-19-2010, 02:41 PM
They used to be around here. I even asked if they could get me that tune to put into a music box and they said no. Oh well. I've now got it on my list of favorites so I can listen to it anytime and reminisce.

Thanks Catherinedana for finding it!

Catherinedana
03-19-2010, 03:10 PM
You are very welcome!! Google is my bestest friend!!

Laura's Babies
03-20-2010, 09:03 AM
What a SWEET song!! I can see why it means so much to you.