PDA

View Full Version : How I spent my morning

nsweezie
03-19-2010, 05:38 AM
My lovely ginger cat Odin was MIA this morning for breakfast, which isn't like him as he loves his food. I could hear this pitiful meowing though in the kitchen but I couldn't see him anywhere.
He had managed to pull off the wooden panel under our washer and had crawled in there, and then managed to get under the floorboard in the kitchen. Why he did this I don't know :confused::confused: as it is filthy under there (imagine 150+ years of dust). He couldn't get himself out again so I had to pull up all the old floor boards under the cupboards to free him.
Besides being quite dirty he is fine though I think he was really scared as he hasn't stopped following me around all morning.
Cats!

Randi
03-19-2010, 05:56 AM
You know what they say... "Curiousity killed the cat"! Silly Odin - he probably needed some adventure and had to investigate what was under those floorboards. Could there have been a mouse, perhaps? :eek:

Well, now you got it cleaned out and Odin knows that there's nothing interesting under there. :)

nsweezie
03-19-2010, 06:18 AM
So true- Odin is the most curious cat I've ever had.
I don't think he'll try it again, but just to be sure we are nailing the panel shut!

Laura's Babies
03-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Funny Odin! It's amazing the things they think of to get into or to do. Idle paws get them in trouble every time! My son in law was here the other day when Giz was bored and digging in the basket on the counter, it's a basket of kitty realted stuff like her shedding tool, one of those gloves that you use to get rid of cat fur and other assorted kitty stuff and Giz digs in it trying to get out the shedding tool because she loves it so much. He wanted to know WHAT she was doing and WHY... I just simply told him "she's bored! That a basket of cat stuff so it's ok..." She is such a trip!

Yea, I bet Odin don't try that anymore, he investigated and got himself in a pickle... hopefully, he learned his lesson.... He'll just go on the next adventure when he gets bored..

Anikaca77
03-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Maybe he was playing hide go seek this morning and fell asleep under there till he heard you then he got confused and couldn't get back out. Poor guy. I'm glad you found him safe and sound though.

melissa

katladyd
03-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I've had a cat get into the dishwasher while I wasn't lookig. My boyfriend also had one of his cats get stuck behind the drawer of a bedroom nightstand! That was fun!

catmandu
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
My First Cat almost hung herself when she fell off the streo reciever and got her neck twisted in the casstte record in and out connections.:eek:
And she almost suffocated crawling into a kitchen cupboard
Thank God Mr Scrappy was scratching at the drawer.
Yes our Ctas do odd things that put them into danger without them knowing what they are doing:eek:
We are so glad that Odins a smarter and wiser Cat for his experience.:love::love: