PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share an awesome story about some incredible people...

moosmom
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
This aired on Channel 3 today. All the people shown in the video are volunteers including the vet that created the low cost spay/neuter. She spayed 20 cats and 1 dog today. The lady holding her black baby boo-bear, is my friend Betty Sribnik.

Not only has Joan Lamont, the woman who created this clinic work as an ACO, she also works full time as a physical therapist, and helps place some of the strays she fixes.

http://www.wfsb.com/video/22878049/index.html

katladyd
03-18-2010, 10:54 PM
There should be places like this all over the country! Can you imagine how many fewer ferals there would be. God Bless these women and what they do!

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
There should be places like this all over the country! Can you imagine how many fewer ferals there would be. God Bless these women and what they do!
I agree. Thanks for sharing this with us.:)

Laura's Babies
03-19-2010, 07:17 AM
The world needs more people like this and more responsible pet owners!

Taz_Zoee
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
That is awesome!!

It was a little difficult for me to see those kitties under sedation though. :( But I know they are all okay in the end.

catmandu
03-19-2010, 09:56 AM
I wish I had the money to spay and neuter all the Porch Cats who come around hers , so that that breaks the chain of unwanted Kittens,
I do what I can, but that Ladys amazing.:cool::cool::cool:
What a great story!!!:love::love::love:

CultureJunky
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
That's excellent. What a wonderful woman and a fantastic organisation. I wish I could win the lottery so I could have my own charity like that!!!
In Britain she would probably be made an OBE.
What an amazing lady.

katladyd
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=CultureJunky;2248451]That's excellent. What a wonderful woman and a fantastic organisation. I wish I could win the lottery so I could have my own charity like that!!!QUOTE]

I was thinking that very thing!