PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I'll be back in a minute!

RICHARD
03-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Turkey tale set for Hollywood

The story of a Scottish woman who ended up stranded by snow for a month after she popped out to buy a Christmas turkey could be turned into a Hollywood movie.

Movie company Furst Films has bought the rights to the story of Kay Ure who lives in Cape Wrath in the extreme north west of Scotland, reports the BBC.

Mrs Ure set out on 19 December to go to Inverness to buy food for Christmas, but was unable to return home for 30 days thanks to the severe winter weather.

Husband John drove her 11 miles from their home in a lighthouse keeper's cottage to a jetty where their boat was moored and from there they crossed the Kyle of Durness sea loch.

Mrs Ure then made the 100-mile bus journey to Inverness, where she bought her turkey before attempting to return home - only to discover the final 11-mile leg was blocked by snow.

She had to spend Christmas in a friend's caravan, while her husband had the company of their six dogs, and two walkers who had been passing-by.

Furst Films - whose movies include The Matador, The Cooler and The Girl In The Park - are reportedly to pay the couple £40,000 for the rights to a screenplay and consultation.

Mr Ure said he would like "someone with a bit of character" to play him, with his choice being Scottish actor Robert Carlyle.

"It's not just about the turkey, it's about our life story and how we came to be here," he explained. "People find it intriguing that we're living this kind of lifestyle up here but we're used to it and it's a pleasant way to live."

He said he hoped the film would help bring some business to their small cafe, one of Britain's most remote eateries.

----------------

"People find it intriguing that we're living this kind of lifestyle up here but we're used to it and it's a pleasant way to live."

LOLOLOLOL,

"Come on over for a beer, my wife went to the store.....":D:eek::eek:

wombat2u2004
03-18-2010, 06:23 AM
"People find it intriguing that we're living this kind of lifestyle up here but we're used to it and it's a pleasant way to live."
LOLOLOLOL,

"Come on over for a beer, my wife went to the store.....":D:eek::eek:

Scotsman: "Wud ya lik to com on ofer fer a beer then???"
Aussie: "Well stone the crows Cyril, I thought you'd never bloodywell ask!!"