PDA

View Full Version : What is a Soggy Moggy?

RICHARD
03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Soggy moggy enjoys swimming pool

A cat in Australia is defying its species' famous dread of water by taking regular dips in a swimming pool.

Prinny the Persian cat regularly joins canine chum Bandit the blue heeler at the Doggy Paddle Swim Centre in Rosebud, Melbourne.

The paddling pooch has regular swimming sessions in order to help treat a bad back.

Prinny, however, has no such ailment and apparently takes to the water simply for the fun of it.

Doggy Paddle owner Jacque Olsen comments: "I've never seen a cat swim before.

"Bandit came here with a bad back and his owner said the cat swims with him at home, so Prinny hopped in the pool with him next time he came."

Jacque originally set up her unique swim centre, which boasts a 8m x 2m lap pool, for her Staffy cross ridgeback Ubud, whose back legs became paralysed after he suffered an embolism.

"After six months of swimming Ubud was walking again," she said.

Today, the Doggy Paddle swim centre has 150 dogs on its books - and one cat.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1573396.jpg

--------------

Those Aussies have all the fun....:D

Laura's Babies
03-18-2010, 06:17 AM
A cat that likes WATER? :eek: I bet that one is beautiful swimming, it's fur floating out so pretty around her. That is just ODD to hear of a cat that likes to swim...

Medusa
03-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Love that photo! I do recall, though, a cat that liked to swim on The Beverly Hillbillies. Remember? (Yeah, I'm old.)

catmandu
03-18-2010, 04:17 PM
That reminds me of when I was young and Ellie Mae Clampett aka Donna Douglas used to have Rusty a Big Orange Cat who swam in the Cement Pond.:love:
He was such a Good Cat another Awesome Animal from Frank Inn, who had many Animal Stars in his day.:love:

Taz_Zoee
03-18-2010, 05:20 PM
My parents had some feline visitors in their pool a few summers ago. I think there were two kitties that went for a swim. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen pictures myself.
I think it's so neat! :D