PDA

View Full Version : A green, spring Thursday #370!

RICHARD
03-17-2010, 01:21 PM
It's St Pat's Day and Spring starts on Saturday here in the Northern Hemisphere on Mar. 20.

Time to check out the Vernal Equinox!

I think Grasshoppers, green beer, corned beef and cabbage are on the menu!

DONE!

Lady's Human
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Vernal Equinox?

When did Vern get a new Chevy?

Pinot's Mom
03-17-2010, 03:01 PM
How about a green apple martini?:)

pomtzu
03-17-2010, 03:21 PM
I fixed corned beef, cabbage and potatoes last Sunday, so I'm not hungry for it again just yet.

Funny, but I thought Richard would want "Green Eggs & Ham"!! :eek: :D

The green apple martini sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try! And maybe a Reuben sandwich with any leftovers - please!!!!!!! :)

Karen
03-17-2010, 05:21 PM
I so miss corned beef and cabbage on this day, but am allergic to the beef, the cabbage, the carrots ... when we had an "Irish dinner" at my church last year the guy doing most of the cooking boiled a separate pot of potatoes for me, so I could have some without getting sick.

So a big hypo-allergenic plateful here at Thursdays would hit the spot!

And some green tea in keeping with the theme, of course!

I'll bring the shamrock-shaped cookies!

davidpizzica
03-17-2010, 05:50 PM
RICHARD, I'm getting the ceement mixer ready for green lime slushies. Orc is hamming it up in a lephrechaun (I think I spelled it right!) outfit smoking the biggest pipe I've ever seen! I wore an old shirt left over from work today, but at least it was green!

RICHARD
03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
RICHARD, I'm getting the ceement mixer ready for green lime slushies. Orc is hamming it up in a lephrechaun (I think I spelled it right!) outfit smoking the biggest pipe I've ever seen! I wore an old shirt left over from work today, but at least it was green!

LOL, just don't mess with the Orcs gold, okay?

One green slushie!

DONE!

Karen,
One hypoallergenic CB&C plate with green tea!

DONE!

POM,
I was trying to keep with the Irish/Spring theme!

A Green Apple martini and a Rueben!

DONE!

PM,

One Green apple martini for you!

DONE!

LH,

One Vern' ol Equinox!

DONE!

davidpizzica
03-18-2010, 09:48 AM
RICHARD, he gives me a dirty look when I go near it! Could I have a big cup of coffee with Bailey's and anything leftover from breakfast?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Spring starts Saturday? Please tell our weatherman. He says we are in for a major snow storm. whaaaaaaaa

Could I get a cherry rootbeer to cry in? sniff sniff :love:

Pinot's Mom
03-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Spring starts Saturday? Please tell our weatherman. He says we are in for a major snow storm. whaaaaaaaa

Could I get a cherry rootbeer to cry in? sniff sniff :love:

I'm so sorry about that! I hope we're done with it - we've had more than our share this year!

Barkeep - I'd like another green apple-tini, please! :) I had some shrimp salad for lunch - leftovers anyone?

RICHARD
03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm so sorry about that! I hope we're done with it - we've had more than our share this year!

Barkeep - I'd like another green apple-tini, please! :) I had some shrimp salad for lunch - leftovers anyone?

One Green Apple Martini..
DONE!

I'll have a bit of salad- Here's a thought for all the people that are struggling with water and flooding!
:(

MOFF.

A cherry Rootbeer!

DONE!

David,

Put on this hat.....

that is the secret!

DONE!

Queen of Poop
03-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Could I please get a hot chocolate, with malibu and some whip cream? Could it please be a double! I am so bloody cold. I think I shall never feel warm again. It's been the worst day of my life. And I've had a lot of worst days in my 44 years. This one takes the cake.

RICHARD
03-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Could I please get a hot chocolate, with malibu and some whip cream? Could it please be a double! I am so bloody cold. I think I shall never feel warm again. It's been the worst day of my life. And I've had a lot of worst days in my 44 years. This one takes the cake.

A double HC with Malibu, whipped cream and a better today?

DONE!

Lady's Human
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Someone's got some 'splainin to do.

The 50 year old tiller which was run hard and put away wet last year has clean oil, and started on one shot of ether and two pulls on the starter cord.

The 5 year old garden tractor, which had a full service before last year has black oil, didn't want to start even after a shot of ether and 45 minutes on the charger.

I think I need to find a 40-50 year old garden tractor. I'd have bought one last year, but LOH would have killed me.

RICHARD
03-19-2010, 07:39 PM
I think I need to find a 40-50 year old garden tractor. I'd have bought one last year, but LOH would have killed me.

Let me put the reins on the ORC?

You need a drink.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Coffee's on, Pinot's having breakfast, sun's coming up, getting ready for a garden prep day! I'll see if I can rustle up some grub (No, not GRUBS, Richard!). Is the Orc available for garden chores?

DJFyrewolf36
03-20-2010, 09:27 AM
I could use the biggest cup of coffee you've got...maybe two or three!!! Tonight, I am sleeping...Ive felt like Ive been up for days *sigh*. 10 more hours to go and I can maybe get some sleep! Insomnia sucks :(

RICHARD
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I could use the biggest cup of coffee you've got...maybe two or three!!! Tonight, I am sleeping...Ive felt like Ive been up for days *sigh*. 10 more hours to go and I can maybe get some sleep! Insomnia sucks :(

One large!

DOne!

PM,

I have seen a few GIANT grubs in my compost heap in the last few days.

DONE!

LOLOLOLOL,

This is my day so far...

My newspaper didn't show up, The giant TV took a dump, I spilled the cat's food dish all over the floor and that was all before 8:30 a.m.

Pray for me!:eek::rolleyes:;)

slick
03-20-2010, 12:35 PM
One extra large coffee with Bailey's please.
I have new talent............

I can strip........................real good!!!!

Wallpaper that is!!!:rolleyes::D

RICHARD
03-20-2010, 04:28 PM
One extra large coffee with Bailey's please.
I have new talent............

I can strip........................real good!!!!

Wallpaper that is!!!:rolleyes::D

There is a pattern to that behavior!

One coffee w/Baileys- DONE.

I forgot to mention that my night light blew out last night too!:eek:

Lady's Human
03-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I'll take a double DOTD.

Fun day flying kites with the kids in the afternoon, but it was preceded by a day of wrenching on a POS truck that is going to live for 8 months or so.

(Hint for all you DIY types.....coil #1 goes to plug #1......it's simple, really. :p)

gini
03-20-2010, 05:20 PM
It is really hard to find anything to complain about on this beautiful sunny first day of Spring in So. Calif.

I know many people had serious mud slides and flooding - but we have had nothing like the rest of the country in bad weather.

Drinks for everyone - all on me today.

Richard - quit pouring grasshoppers all over me - I mean everyone gets a drink!!

RICHARD
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Richard - quit pouring grasshoppers all over me - I mean everyone gets a drink!!

Yes, it was a beautiful day!

Grasshoppers!

DONE!

LH.

One Double DOTD.

Kite flying!

WOW!

DONE

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes, it was a beautiful day!

I am so envious!!!!

Snowing all day here and will snow all night and tomorrow. We should get 15 inches or more when it's done. sigh

At least the boy who used to be my neighbor kid stopped by and asked if I want him to dig me out when it's all over. Not being stupid, I said YES!!! :D

All I have done is eat today. Would love a rootbeer float to top everything off though before I waddle off. :D
(we are under a flood watch until Monday too. At least we haven't had any tornadoes... yet)

RICHARD
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I am so envious!!!!

Snowing all day here and will snow all night and tomorrow. We should get 15 inches or more when it's done. sigh

At least the boy who used to be my neighbor kid stopped by and asked if I want him to dig me out when it's all over. Not being stupid, I said YES!!! :D

All I have done is eat today. Would love a rootbeer float to top everything off though before I waddle off. :D
(we are under a flood watch until Monday too. At least we haven't had any tornadoes... yet)

MOFF,
Sorry about your weather, glad to hear about your savior and you should have a RBF!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Morning everyone! Got the coffee going for thems that wants it. I'd like an Irish if you please and some more sun instead of rain so I can go out and start breaking up ground that hasn't been tilled yet. It was a beautiful weekend. Enjoyed not having to bundle the munchkins up to go outside. Have geese and ducks on the pond right now and the kids say the fish are waking up, so are the daffodils.;)

Pinot's Mom
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
G'mornin'!! :)
I've had coffee, but I'll take another. We started prepping the gardens this weekend, the dumptruck will deliver the mulch on Tuesday, so we'll have our work cut out for a while! The daffodils are indeed awake, the crocus are up, the redbuds are about to burst, and the magnolia is in full bloom. Happy Spring! :)

RICHARD
03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Morning everyone! Got the coffee going for thems that wants it. I'd like an Irish if you please and some more sun instead of rain so I can go out and start breaking up ground that hasn't been tilled yet. It was a beautiful weekend. Enjoyed not having to bundle the munchkins up to go outside. Have geese and ducks on the pond right now and the kids say the fish are waking up, so are the daffodils.;)

IT's so nice to hear about Spring springing u....sounds like it's time to get a new tiller. :eek::)
Coffee? DONE!

PM.

Another coffee.

I don't know haw the names of the plants I see around the yard and neighborhood!

I'll just have to go by, "Oh the red/yellow/purple flowers are out again!"

Coffee?

DONE!

davidpizzica
03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
It's rainy at good ole Concordia today, but over the weekend the weather was beautiful! Flowers are starting sprout all over and the grass is growing ( none of which I don't have to mow any more!) and getting greener. It was 70 degrees both days and I took advantage of it by getting out and taking good walks around the pond and the buildings. RICHARD, could I have a big cup of coffee with Bailey"s in it?

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-22-2010, 10:06 AM
IT's so nice to hear about Spring springing u....sounds like it's time to get a new tiller. :eek::)
Coffee? DONE!

No the tiller works, it's just help full to LH if I break up the untilled parts ahead of time. I like your discriptions of the flowers better than having to remember all those names. LOH told me you really liked the cheese bread I can't wait to try your variation.:D

RICHARD
03-22-2010, 10:29 AM
No the tiller works, it's just help full to LH if I break up the untilled parts ahead of time. I like your discriptions of the flowers better than having to remember all those names. LOH told me you really liked the cheese bread I can't wait to try your variation.:D

The Tiller was for me!!!!

I am shocked that he gets the pre-till tiller to work for him.

I should have got married!?!?!?!;)

The cheese bread was great-

For the recipes check the RECIPE THREAD!

I am looking for some sundried tomatoes to add to the mix?

-------

Speaking of that..let's serve some up?

Cheese bread-hot out of the oven!

DONE!

slick
03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Hello all: Just popping in for a quick minute while my B from H is out.....
Richard, you would be proud of me. I spent 4 hours on Saturday with a Skil drill in my hand. Watch out....woman with a drill coming through.:D Had to take my waterbed frame apart so I could get at the wall so I could strip wallpaper. I've picked a painter, they start week after next. I never knew this would be so hard. Every bone in my body aches and I'm not done yet. Have more stripping to do and then there is the wall cleaning to get all the glue off. :rolleyes:

Please Richard my I please have a DOTD whatever that is. Thanks.

RICHARD
03-22-2010, 03:51 PM
It's rainy at good ole Concordia today, but over the weekend the weather was beautiful! Flowers are starting sprout all over and the grass is growing ( none of which I don't have to mow any more!) and getting greener. It was 70 degrees both days and I took advantage of it by getting out and taking good walks around the pond and the buildings. RICHARD, could I have a big cup of coffee with Bailey"s in it?

Of course you can....70 degrees!:) Here's to green grass!

DONE!

Slick,
One giant grass hopper!

It must have been work day. I spent about 3 moving a tv and a stereo around,

Pinot's Mom
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Barkeep! Could I get some of that cheese bread and a big glass of wine? Came home from work to spread mulch - the dump truck delivered today - so I think it's deserved! :)

DJFyrewolf36
03-24-2010, 03:55 AM
I need coffee...Im up copying files over the network and its slllooow!
Ive got some great home made stir fry for everyone!

RICHARD
03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Barkeep! Could I get some of that cheese bread and a big glass of wine? Came home from work to spread mulch - the dump truck delivered today - so I think it's deserved! :)

Oh, is the bread ever-so-good!

Cheese bread and wine!

DONE!

DJ,

Chinese for breakfast!

Love it.

Coffee?

DONE!