PDA

View Full Version : Does bagpipe music make you cry???

moosmom
03-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm watching the Today Show and they had the NYPD Emerald Society Bagpipe Band playing. I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I don't get it. Everytime I hear bagpipe music play, I lose it. Don't EVEN play Amazing Grace. Puts me in a panic attack I cry so hard.

Anyone else have this reaction? I just find it really weird.

Taz_Zoee
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
If it's the slow bagpipe music, yes. But these days I cry at the On Star commercial on the radio.

OH yeah, Amazing Grace is sure to have me in tears, no doubt. Ever since it was sang at my granpa's funeral, I can't hear it without crying.

You are not alone, Donna. :)

Karen
03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Not unless it is done painfully badly, and then I am more likely to walk away than cry. It does have a poignant wail to it, though.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
It does by association. When I was pregnant with Katie we went to a wedding where there was a bagpipe player in the room. She moved around so much in my tummy that I had to go outside until he'd finished :D

pomtzu
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not especially fond of it, and tend to associate it with a funeral. :(

Freedom
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a CD of military Tatoos, all by famous bagpipe groups. No WAY those will make you cry!

It is the laments which get you.

Twisterdog
03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Oh yes. At the end my grandpa's funeral, the bagpipe player played "Taps" while he walked slowly away down the path. OMG.

kitten645
03-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Bagpipes make me very emotional. I associate them with highly emotional times. I've even been to the Tatoo in Edinburgh. I think I was Scottish in another life. :p
Claudia

CountryWolf07
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Definitely. Bagpipes were played at my grandmother's funeral, since she was 100% Irish, and very proud of her heritage.... so every time I hear it, I always think of her. Especially today. I'm proud to say I'm part Irish, too! Also, my boyfriend said that at his dad's funeral/wake, they also played bagpipes as well. So, it's definitely emotional!

Medusa
03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I do get choked up when I hear bagpipes.

Laura's Babies
03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I get the chills and choked up but I think it is from the beauty of how they sound. I think they have the most beautiful sound. I have loved hearing them since I was a child.

kokopup
03-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I have always loved the Bagpipe and get a little teary when I hear a sad melody.
I cried uncontrollable at the end of the Movie "Amazing Grace" when the Irish Guards Pipe Band did Amazing Grace at William Wilberforce funeral.

Husky_mom
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
most definately!!!.. I get chills and choked listening to it.. actually as itīs associated to funerals thatīs what we want when we part.. bagpipe music..I love it.. but itīs just so sad...

same goes with violin.. when played in sad "tunes".. those two bring LES

carole
03-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Well Donna as a proud Scot by birth, i love the bagpipes, and have been brought up hearing them frequently, when i hear them , it makes me think of my extended family in Scotland, and brings the urge for me to visit the land of my birth, which i have never seen yet, and yes amazing grace on the bagpipes surely makes me cry, but for me i feel proud when i hear the bagpipes,it really stirs up a whole lot of emotions.