PDA

View Full Version : Tigger G Cat

Bill
03-17-2010, 01:40 AM
I would like to share a little story about my cat Tigger. I got Tigger from a bad home about 3 years ago, when I got him he weigh maybe 4 pounds, today he weighs in at a healthy 22 pounds and he is a happy well adjusted crazy cat who gets into everything and he lives in a very loving and caring home and he don't have a worry in the world and I make sure of that because I owe him my life.
After a few weeks Tigger and I adjusted to life together then things in my personal life took a turn for the worse, I lost my job, my girl friend left me and took everything and I sank deep into depression and alcohol abuse and for the next 13 months I lived in a bottle of Vodka.
One morning I woke up hung over and sick and I couldn't find one single reason to keep going anymore, life sucked ***, I was all alone, had no money, no job and I was about to lose the last thing I owned in this word and I couldn't see any way out of the mess my life had turned into so I picked up my gun and jacked a round into the chamber and was ready to pull the trigger when Tigger reached over and placed him paw on the hand to say hey bud please don't that you got to take care of me!
I have been sober for a year now and I got a good job and making good money, I don't have a girl friend and I don't own the house and that's ok. I am sober now and have been for almost a year now and Tigger G Cat is still with me and living a good life and I will all ways be in his debit for saving me.

Thankful Cat Owner
B

catmandu
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
One thing that got me from a life of drink amd over eating was the fact that I had Pouncer My First Cat and Mr Scrappy to look after, and I didnt want them to be PTS as they were older and not good adoption prospects.
I will always be Grateful to My First Two Awesome Angels for helping straightening out My Life:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
03-17-2010, 04:07 PM
They are lifesaves. Mine just give me something to look forwards to when I get off work. Until I got mine, I didn't want to come home but would rather stay out on the boats. Since I got mine, I can't wait to get home and I am always greeted with nothing but LOVE and lots of it!

Tigger G IS a very special cat and he will forever be grateful to you for YOU saving his life too.

lvpets2002
03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
:) Oh my I am in just Tears of Joy for the both of you.. I so understand.. I prob would not be here anymore if it was not for my babies too.. I always stayed in depression.. Not no more & like Laura I go home everyday with the joy of knowing I am going to see my babies.. They are my life as well Just like your Tigger G.. Many Congrats for the both of you & your lives changing for the better..
They are lifesaves. Mine just give me something to look forwards to when I get off work. Until I got mine, I didn't want to come home but would rather stay out on the boats. Since I got mine, I can't wait to get home and I am always greeted with nothing but LOVE and lots of it!

Tigger G IS a very special cat and he will forever be grateful to you for YOU saving his life too.

Scorpio
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Bill - I know the feeling of wanting to spin the chamber and let fate take the decision. Your cat is just an example of the kind of doorway you can walk through without religion or philosophy, an opportunity to marvel at the world. You are part of the world too, marvel at yourself. No employer, no girl friend can take anything of value away from who you are unless you let them.
Sorry to sound like a greetings card, but it sounds like you are experiencing something I recognize. Remember the Latin motto: 'Nil illegitimi Carborundum' - (Don't let the bastards gring you down!)

Laura's Babies
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
By the way Bill, WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

This is a great place to belong to, many, many caring people here and we really understand what Tigger has done for you and you you feel about him. I hope you will hang around and become part of this family of animal lovers.

Medusa
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Bill. Yes, our cats can be life savers. My cat Creamsicle brought me back to life, so to speak. I was having such a tough time financially that I had a garage sale just to be able to pay rent and buy some food. I advertised "Life For Sale" and I sold nearly everything and it still wasn't enough. Just about that time, Creamsicle came into my life. She has cerebellar hypoplasia and needed so much vet care and I didn't know where I was going to get the money but suddenly it didn't matter. She brought me out of myself and now we're both back on track. She was only 5 weeks old when we rescued each other. She's now 9 years old. I'm so glad that Tigger G Cat helped you to see that life is worth living, no matter how rough it gets. Better and better.....:)

phesina
03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Thank you, Bill, and welcome to Pet Talk. And thank you, Tigger, for helping Bill realize that there are reasons to keep going.

kitten645
03-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Bill - I know the feeling of wanting to spin the chamber and let fate take the decision. Your cat is just an example of the kind of doorway you can walk through without religion or philosophy, an opportunity to marvel at the world. You are part of the world too, marvel at yourself. No employer, no girl friend can take anything of value away from who you are unless you let them.
Sorry to sound like a greetings card, but it sounds like you are experiencing something I recognize. Remember the Latin motto: 'Nil illegitimi Carborundum' - (Don't let the bastards gring you down!)

fantastic post and I couldn't have said it better. Cheers!

katladyd
03-18-2010, 02:14 AM
This past winter, my old car broke down three times and left me broke, also! I got behind on many of my bills and the rent (thank God my apartment manager let my pay my rent in payments!), my bank account became badly overdrawn, and everything seemed to be going wrong. BUT, I still had my babies and they never let me give up. Things are much better now, but I owe quite a lot to my "boys". Love you forever, Mac and Ming!:love:

Pawsitive Thinking
03-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Welcome both - it's great to have you here! :love:

smokey the elder
03-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Almost 10 years I lost a job I had had for a long time and was majorly bumming out, and Diamond, a former feral, waltzed into my life, presented me with four kittens, and started me into cat rescue! Cats can be lifesavers, both literally and figuratively. Welcome aboard, Bill, to the nuttiest, most fun forum in all the World Wide Web!:D

columbine
03-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Huzzah for Tigger G, and all lifesaving cats! And welcome to Pet Talk, Bill. Might we see a photo of your crazy little hero?

Love, Columbine

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Welcome to PT Bill.:D Cats are amazing animals. I've never been married and I don't have any children so my cats are my family. They make me laugh and help ease any stress I may have and I look forward to seeing them every day.:) I'm glad that Tigger G Cat was there to save your life.:)