PDA

View Full Version : ...omg...can't find key...little prayer please!

Catty1
03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
For the past two Wednesdays, I have worked a couple of hours at a cat boarding kennel, the same one that I was fired from several years ago.

This is prep for my working several days on my own when the owners and their grown kids go to a family wedding in BC.

Last week, I got a copy of the key. This is great, as I can get started upstairs at 8:30 before the place opens at 9, and all the clients apparently arrive at 9:05 am. ;)

I can't find the d*** key. I was all ready to go to bed, and went to get the key out and attach it to a key ring.

Searched all my coats; removed everything from the bottom of the coat closet and shook it out in case it fell in there.

Maybe in my work trousers? I emptied out the laundry hamper, and reloaded it, double checking pockets. :(

It's a small thing, but I just feel sick. I am pretty sure I remember putting it in my jacket pocket with my other keys, making a mental note to attach it later.

I'll get out of here 15 minutes earlier tomorrow and search under the car seats. The jacket I was wearing has shallower pockets, and it might well have fallen out in the car. It was a single key with a bit of sticky tape on it.

It's a small thing...but some PT Prayers would be appreciated that it turns up.

THANK YOU.

Karen
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Prayer on the way.

MoonandBean
03-17-2010, 08:26 AM
St. Anthony prayer said....it will turn up :)

Catty1
03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks! :)

Queen of Poop
03-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Hoping you've now found the key and all is ok.

Pawsitive Thinking
03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
did you check the fridge?

Freedom
03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
St. Anthony is on the job, you will find it!

Anikaca77
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm hope you find it. Did you check the car??

Melissa

Freedom
03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Just checking in -- NOW, I want to know where the darn thing was! LOL :p

Laura's Babies
03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Did you find it? :eek:

Catty1
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
LOL - the fridge! The freezer was where I found my long-missing credit cards that I didn't take on the cruise last fall!

No, not found it yet...I told the bosses that if I didn't find it, I would pay for a new one to be cut.

Will do some more housecleaning today, so it may yet turn up.

Thanks everyone!

(also wasn't in the car...but need to clean it out more too. Checked under both front seats from the front and back. NOPE)

What a mystery!

Medusa
03-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Check your trash. You may have accidentally thrown it away. (I've done it in case you're wondering. Did it w/my cell phone, too.)

Catty1
03-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it is more likely to have gone into the recycling bins, as I have them set up in the front hall closet. Anything metal goes into recycling, not garbage.

Ted told me that it was on a green paper clip.

I have a friend coming over to help me organize, and she and I will keep an eye out!

I'll pay for a replacement...but heck, now I just wonder where the H the little beggar is!:D

And no, such things do not interest my boys as toys. Not that I know of, anyway... :confused:

DJFyrewolf36
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
I know how scary this is...I worked as site security for one place and I had the key that worked on almost every door in the bulding and I dropped it somewhere outside! :eek: I about had a heart attack trying to find it. Eventually I did but it was still really scary.

*HUGS* to you and prayers sent!

phesina
03-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Tony, Tony, look around,
There's something lost that must be found..

Dear St. Anthony, please help Candace find her key!

wombat2u2004
03-18-2010, 07:09 AM
You didn't drop it down the front of your shirt did you ????
I had a girlfriend who did that once.....took me ages to find it :p

Catty1
03-18-2010, 09:55 AM
WOM!!!!! you bad! :p:D

NO...and still no sign of it either. Oh well...

Queen of Poop
03-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Well, as soon as you get a new one the old one will turn up. :love:

Pawsitive Thinking
03-18-2010, 10:20 AM
LOL - the fridge!

My workmate was late in one morning as she couldn't find her car keys - I suggested the fridge and there they were! Was hoping for the same luck for you ;)

lvpets2002
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
:p Wom go change those shorts ok.. Put something on a little bit milder than Flames..:D

Pinot's Mom
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, as soon as you get a new one the old one will turn up. :love:

That is exactly right! ;)

lvpets2002
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
:) Happens to me all of the time.. When I have lost something & then finally beak down & buy new then the old one will turn up.. Its like clock work..
That is exactly right! ;)

AdoreMyDogs
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Hahaha!!!

I hope you find that key. How frustrating that must be.

pomtzu
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I had that happen with a whole ring of keys - house, car, office. I had to have copies made after I searched everywhere without any luck.

I found them several months later in a dresser drawer - not my dresser - the one that had been my ex's. I never used this one for any reason, and the only reason I found them, is that I decided to clean out old some old stuff that he left behind.

This wasn't to awfully surprising to me to find the keys in there, since we have an "entity" that visits here and takes delight in making things disappear. But that's another story...........:p