PDA

View Full Version : A road rage incident...

carole
03-16-2010, 04:27 PM
My husband and I were involved in a road rage incident in the weekend, i have to tell you it was scarey and i really felt shaken afterwards,thing is we were on our way to the vets with a Bird that we found sitting in the middle of a busy road.

This Idiot did not give way to us,and he was on a give way sign, and we had a really close call, but low and behold he passes us speeding up as he went, comes to a stop sign and gets out, walks towards our car, takes his shoe off and proceeds to throw it at our windscreen, luckily hubby was on to it fast and backed away so he could do no damage, it was a soft shoe and i doubt whether it would have done too much damage, but that is not the point, I was terrified to say the least.

You read about people being killed in road rage, we had an incident here not long ago, so i guess we had a lucky escape, yes we could have reported him and probably should have, but we know the police will do nothing, and besides i guess we feared this idiot might look up our car rego ,find out where we lived and god only knows what he might do, so we just left it alone

There are some real loonies out there, one sure had to be careful,you never know when you are going to strike one, thing is he had a child in the car as well, great example he was showing, i am sure he thought we were in the wrong, and that is why he reacted as he did, but he should learn to control his temper and he was absolutely in the wrong 100 per cent.

BTW the bird was fine, had a small wound on its back, they fed it and released it, so i am happy about that.

CountryWolf07
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
People are crazy! Wow.
Glad to hear you two were fine...

moosmom
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Carole,

I'm glad you and hubby were calm and collected. This guy sounds like a certified whackjob. A shoe? PUHLEEEEZE!!!!! I hope you got his plate number and reported it to the police.

Glad no one was hurt and the bird has taken flight.

Hugs,

Donna

Husky_mom
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
oh my.. what a scare.. thankfully no one was harmed..

:o
I might add.. I couldīve probably reacted a bit furiously towards him..what a jerk...

carole
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
To be frank with you Donna I was anything but calm and collected, however we did not report it for fear of retaliation.

Freckles
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
What happened to the shoe?

Laura's Babies
03-16-2010, 07:03 PM
YIKES! Glad nothing further happened!!!

carole
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
He picked it up and put it on again and left.

Karen
03-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Rats, I might have swiped his shoe and driven off with it! ;) But that's just me. Glad you were safe!

wombat2u2004
03-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Yup Carole......there's some real pigs on the road. That's for sure.
Glad you wasn't hurt in any way.

carole
03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Ah Karen i appreciate your humour, but honestly had we done that, there would have been a close up confrontation, with fists flying that i am almost certain of, so it was better just to back up and get the hell out of there FAST.

Seravieve
03-17-2010, 08:51 PM
He picked it up and put it on again and left.

LOL! Some people are lunatics!

We were at the mall one day, waiting to make a left out of the parking lot... SUV behind us honks like we're not moving fast enough. Well my gf being the passive aggressive person she is, stops looking to see if its her turn and waits even longer. The guy got so made he threw a cup of ice at the back windshield. We were in her 05 BMW M3! That cost way too much $$ to be throwing things at.... She ripped up the Ebrake, jumped out, grabbed the cup and threw it in his face before he had time to close his window! And to boot, there was still Ice and liquid in it!

Boy did he get more than he bargained for. And his wife looked like she was about to pee herself in the passenger seat.

Glad nothing came of your situation. =)

king2005
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I've had too many road rage nuts go at either me, or the people I'm in teh car with... Non of the times were we/I in the wrong... crazy crazy crazy people

This 1 Man back in Ottawa tried to pick a fight with my ex & his brother. We were backing out of a spot in an older car. As we went forward this guy driving a van drove right up our butts. We couldn't back up to finish our turn to get out of the small parking lot.. Boxed us in... My ex motioned to him to move so we could back up, he would not, he honked & honked & honked at us.. We just sat there & did nothing as we figured he would back up at some point...

Nope, we were wrong, he came over cussing & pounding on the car, he was livid & was trying to get into the car really bad.. he was calling my ex & his brother on... The man took some steps back & was still calling them out for a fight... So my ex & his brother got out. My ex was a 300lb body builder (with fat) & about 5'10.. his brother was a 400lb man that was about 6'2.. Both had shaved heads, some facial hair & in general were scary looking.

The second those 2 stood up the man ran to his car screaming he's sorry. Both my ex & his brother yelled, the sooner you back up, the sooner we can move our car...

The whole thing felt like 30 mins... it was prob closer to 10 mins.