PDA

View Full Version : World's shortest man, He Pingping, dies in Italy

Catty1
03-16-2010, 10:14 AM
He was 21 years old. Very sad.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hdy9KXAZ7RHEyflgIFwx1_nrcNTAD9EFN9C80

World's shortest man, He Pingping, dies in Italy

(AP) – 3 hours ago

ROME — The world's shortest man has died in Italy, where he was to take part in a TV show, the program's production company said Tuesday.

He Pingping, of China, who was 2 feet, 5.37 inches (74.6 centimeters) tall, had become a recognized figure across the world, often taking part in shows, photo shoots and other events, Guinness World Records said.

Craig Glenday, the Guinness World Records editor-in-chief, said He was "an inspiration to anyone considered different or unusual" and "showed us that, despite the challenges we face, we can still make the most out of life."

He died Saturday in Rome, according to the TV production company Europroduzione.

Guinness World Records said in a press release He was born in 1988 with a form of primordial dwarfism. He was officially measured in March 2008.

He was taken to a hospital March 3 after he fell ill while rehearsing the Italian program "The Record Show," Marco Fernandez de Araoz of Europroduzione said.

After two days, He was transferred to intensive care, where he was found to have a heart condition and high cholesterol, said Fernandez de Araoz. He said the hospital, where he died, has so far given as his cause of death the heart condition.

The man's body will be flown to China soon once the paperwork is ready, Fernandez de Araoz said.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

king2005
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Thats too bad, its even sadder that his condition wasn't found sooner.. Makes you wonder if the people who cared/helped him really gave a damn about him...

Wasn't he in a movie where he was something like 007? but in chinese/china... He was wearing white & was beating the heck out of normal sized people... I think he was saving his girl. I think I saw the whole movie...

aTailOf2Kitties
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
primordial dwarfs usually have risk of aneurism and don't live beyond 30. I guess his circulatory woes were in his heart instead.

Poor guy. I saw a show on him where they were following him as he was making his way to the Guiness people for official measurement. That record generally changed his life for the better, although it probably contributed to his cholesterol problems too :(

wombat2u2004
03-17-2010, 02:05 AM
although it probably contributed to his cholesterol problems too :(

Yep.....that's what I thought when I read the article.