PDA

View Full Version : Sweety claws - the females strike back.

Scorpio
03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I am sorry about the weekend lull, Barbara. Until you mentioned it, I didn’t realise I was having one. My doctor says he can fit me in on Thursday.
My weekend was spent chasing Sweety Claws around with a tape-recorder, but all I got was ’iwannaplayiwannaplayiwannaplay...’. So finally I gave her the machine and let her do it herself.

SWEETY CLAWS - THE FEMALES STRIKE BACK

The Red Mum can’t have kittens anymore. She breaks out in hot sweats in the middle of the night. Warmest place to sleep in the whole house. I could have kittens if I wanted to. I haven’t decided yet.
Old Grumpy (Big Boy, ed.) won’t let me out at night anyway. Don’t know why, his friends seem to like me. If I stick my head out of the cat door for longer than a quick pee, I get chased all over the house by the Grumpinator and he doesn’t stop until he catches me.
Once I was forced to sit in the same chair for three hours. It’s not fair. Just because I want to have a little fun. All the other cats my age are allowed to go to parties.
I don’t think Furry face and the Red Mum would mind having a bunch of kittens round the place. They like kids. But whenever the subject comes up, Grumpesen puts on a face and mutters something like - ’Half a dozen of these running round the place? I’d sooner go throw myself under a mouse!’
He’s full of sarcastic comments. Jealous, I think. Just because I’m beautiful. Like when he says he hates me ’right down to the black roots of your blonde whiskers’. I’ll have you know my roots are genuine.
There’s no need for Grumpo di Tutti Grumpi to take it out on me just because his fur is full of holes. He can’t sit down without 45 mins of licking first. My fur is self-maintaining. I have natural shine.
And its not my fault if I didn’t do good at school. Il Grumpissimo was supposed to teach me. I tried to stay close and follow his example, but he doesn’t like being stayed close to. So I made up my own games.
Talk about a party-pooper, nothing pleases that cat. I thought ’Oooh, big strong hunter, I’ll pick up some good tips here, but oh no. If I do finally get him to stop preening for a second and join in a good game of cat n’ mouse, Old Grumpa is out of breath after the first couple of jumps. I haven’t had any real training.I’ve spent lots of time watching him lick himself and sleep, but paws-on experience - nada.
And by the way, why do I only get half as much food as he does? I work ten times harder. Why did they get me if they don’t want to feed me?
I just don’t feel respected as an individual. Just because I’m female and small doesn’t mean I can’t be the boss some day. Megagrump is getting too old for the job anyway. He should be glad of the help.
Anyway, its time to let the girls take over. The old way of fighting for territory and getting clawed to pieces is a waste of time. And it makes a mess of your fur.
Females know, y’ know? If you want to create peace and harmony in the neighbourhood, you can achieve much more with the tail-first approach. They’re not such bad guys.

It’s dark now.

If I could just get outside ...

smokey the elder
03-16-2010, 07:00 AM
LOL at "Grumpissimo" and "Grumpo di Tutti Grumpi"!:D

Barbara
03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
:D
Sweety Claws- we sure can see you would paint the town red at night together with your harem of boyfriends- if they only would let you.:)

Randi
03-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Dear Sweety Claws,

It can be hard growing up, and the rumour is that you’re going for a visit to the white coats in the very near future. :eek: You have no idea (luckily) what that involves, but I can tell you one thing for certain... you will not be able to have kittens after. It’s a bit sad, because you are such a beautiful girl, but I can assure you it’s for the best.

I’m a little confused as to why you had to sit in the same chair for three hours, so I think Furry Face owe us an explanation on that. ;)

Sweety Claws, your brother is really an old sweet boy, so I think you should go help him wash his coat. Now that spring is here and the sun is out, you could lay on the wodden deck together out there, I think he’d enjoy that. :cool: Then later, he just may be in the mood to teach you a few tricks. In fact, I believe everything will fall into place after your visit to the vet.

Concerning food, I think you get your fair share, plus a bit of Big Boys' - remember he is twice your size, so he needs more.

Good luck at the vets, Sweety Claws - we will send you positive thoughts and hope you recover in no time! :love:

I will look forward to come and see how big you have grown - I promise not to bring Fister. ;)

Killearn Kitties
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Sweety Claws, I can see that you are in need of a strong female role model and I think I know just the woman!

My Jessica is well practised in the education of kittens

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d727b3127ccec2590a7402c800000010O00BZOWbJu3bsQ e3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

and takes no lip from anybody!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d726b3127ccec25b18295ab000000010O00BZOWbJu3bsQ e3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I feel she has what it takes to continue your education in the face of Big Boy's opposition. She is currently looking at flights to Copenhagen and will keep you posted.

catmandu
03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
:love::love:
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/meowies2951.jpg
Hi Im the Princess , and I once had 3 litters in the wild , but Garys Aunt Joan rescued me and I have a great home.
Although I remember My Younger Days when I was the Belle Of Waterdown and the Young Cats laid mice and rabbits at my feet, and the odd bird too.
:):):)
Sweety Claws , I know how good you will feel when that operation is over, and you dont have to worry about the patter of Little Paws.:cool::cool::cool:

Scorpio
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Randi - Sc was in the chair for 3 hours because BB made sure she stayed there. After being beaten up by BB for the third time that evening, she stayed put and didn't move for ages. Very unusual behaviour for her - she normally follows him as soon as he has gone. This time BB made his point.
The difference between their usual fights and these disciplinary actions is very obvious. Normally BB gives up the chasing as soon as SC has got away a couple of times, but here he goes after her in a determined and hard-handed way, and to make sure she gets the point, BB comes back at 30 min intervals to repeat the lesson
The same exact thing happened just as I wrote the last two lines 'It's dark. if I could only get outside'. In shoots SC, doing a wall-of-death on the back of the corner sofa where I was writing, rapidly followed by BB. BB got her cornered pretty quickly, and real claws made real contact. Sc was on her back getting pounded. Reminded me of Mike Tyson v. Mickey Rooney. Typical SC reaction - she fought back! BB hesitated, she escaped. So BB came back later and the whole thing was repeated. And again, she lay alert but motionless on a chair for about two hours.

Killearn Kitties - Love the fotos! The first one impressed me - Jessica has 3 of the kittens in formation, at 180 degrees and 90 degrees, and is staring at the one kitten who still thinks 45 degrees is the way to go!
Underneath, I saw the caption for the next foto - 'And takes no lip...', and had to scroll down the bush before I saw the monster at the bottom. Perfect editing. Someone had to come out and ask what I was laughing at.
Jessica, you are welcome anytime.

Randi
03-17-2010, 07:15 AM
KK, now I am really confused, I must have missed something years ago. I see Jessica there, and four kittens. I take it that two of them are Daisy and Samantha, so what happened to the other two?

Sc was in the chair for 3 hours because BB made sure she stayed there. After being beaten up by BB for the third time that evening, she stayed put and didn't move for ages.
So that's all cleared up, BB IS in charge after all. :D

After SC's spay, I'm sure she'll calm down - at least for a few days! :p

catmandu
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Killearn, that such a Wonderful Photo of that Gray Momma Cat and Her Four Kittens, Two to a Bowl!!!:love::love:
What a Wise Momma Cat to keep her eye on Her Babies and letting Her Gray Cats of the Future have some freedom!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2010, 08:31 AM
KK, now I am really confused, I must have missed something years ago. I see Jessica there, and four kittens. I take it that two of them are Daisy and Samantha, so what happened to the other two
Randi, that photo is of the next litter that Jessica had. When she moved Sam and Daisy into our garden it was the beginning of October. We managed to get Sam and Daisy inside over the winter, but we never did catch Jessica. The following Spring a large tom showed up and, hey presto! Another litter. We were lucky to catch Jessica and all four kittens that time. We kept Jessica and the kittens all went to wonderful homes.

Randi
03-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Karen, those four look SO much like Sam and Daisy! Glad that they all got loving homes. :) Are you in touch with any of them? Did you ever see who the father was?

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't want to hijack Sweety Claws thread. :o

Did we see who the father was? Have you never seen him, Randi?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/karen31358/Cats/Five-Bellies-for-web.gif

He hung around for years. We fed him and Alec built a shelter for him outside. He was a feral tom and not keen to be tamed. We managed to get him his jabs, and the operation. We hoped he would stick around more after that. He did turn up every couple of days for a good feed, but his wild instincts were strong. He loved his kittens though. :)

Killearn Kitties
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Jessica has 3 of the kittens in formation, at 180 degrees and 90 degrees, and is staring at the one kitten who still thinks 45 degrees is the way to go!

That was a big improvement on a couple of days previously!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d727b3127ccec2583b0fe34f00000010O00BZOWbJu3bsQ e3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Scorpio
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Big Boy has been following the debate closely, and is disturbed to hear that females can have kittens more than once.