PDA

View Full Version : PT words that make you smile

Cataholic
10-16-2002, 04:34 PM
Terms I never heard before becoming a PTA-
the newest- middens- to describe the cat hair left behind in the cats favorite place; head bumpies, head scritchies, or just plain scritchies...the perfect description to what the cats give to us and what we give to the cats; paws and tails crossed here; furkids.

I didn't make any of these up, and am not claiming credit. They are just words that when I see them I smile and think of PT! Any others you can think of?

AmberLee
10-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Well, one becomes a Pillar at 1000 posts here, so the terms pillar or Pillarhood bring a smile to my face. 'Blabbermouth' can also be an apt description for this condition.

I've seen it a few other places, but not as often as here: {{{hugs}}} or cyberhugs or {{{cyberhugs}}} to comfort a grieving member or join in the joy of of a rejoicing one.

I've always thought of my fur-babies as fur-babies, but never noticed it acknowledged as such in other locations.

Great thread, Cataholic!

Former User
10-16-2002, 05:02 PM
It has got to be AmberLee's Hippo Hippo Birdie, to wish people Happy Birthday. Amberlee is always there to congratulate every member who has their birthday, and it warms my heart.

Other words then, I'm not sure from who I learnt this, but Cuteness overload was sure added to my vocabularity after I joined Pet Talk :D

And a demanding sentence: More pics! reminds me of PT everytime... ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2002, 05:32 PM
I had never heard of the Rainbow Bridge until PT. I've always believed that animals go to heaven but never heard of the Rainbow Bridge and it's story before. Also, discussing animal poo was something I never thought I'd ever do either. :D

toughCookie
10-16-2002, 05:40 PM
lol discussing animal poo, that is something that can only be done here or possibly at the vets!
the above words and terms were all new to me too, I can't think of any others right now...but while we're talking about it, what exactly is a headbumpy? I had never had a cat do that before, til Patches, and it is only whenhe is feeling insecure and needs attention. what reasons do other cats do it for?

Miss Meow
10-16-2002, 05:52 PM
One that cracks me up still is lap fungus - I love that phrase!

Vermontcat
10-16-2002, 06:35 PM
Lap fungus is a good one, who said that, was it Glacier talking about one of her cats? I also learned eye kisses here at Pet Talk, it is when your cat squeezes both eyes shut at you in contentment. My daughter and I love when our cat gives us eye kisses.
Toughcookie, headbumpies are when cats butt their heads into your legs and all the furniture and everything else around them, mine does it especially when she is about to be fed.:) Some cats seem to do it really hard, its a wonder they don't get kitty concussions!
Another thing I love here at Pet Talk are all the LOL's and ROTFL, etc. I especially like when Wolflady posts with LOL's all over. She seems to be such a happy person!:D

jenluckenbach
10-16-2002, 06:40 PM
OH I don't have any new ones, but I am sure going to keep my eyes open. This is such a great thread. And a personal favorite was lap fungus. Now THAT'S funny!

zippy-kat
10-16-2002, 07:03 PM
aMuCk!

;)

Pam
10-16-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
aMuCk!;)

:D :D :D

Great thread!

kitten645
10-16-2002, 07:21 PM
I love the term headbumpies...my 20lb Hobbies gives me those some mornings in bed right in the eye! Sometimes I'm sure I'll arrive at work with a black eye! LOL
I also love the kitty spelling Boots the Kat writes wiff. Ebberbuddie is also a fave.
Claudia

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-16-2002, 07:26 PM
FRITO FEET~!!!!!!
PARADE FLOAT KITTY
MMMM I know there is more... I will have to think
:D

NoahsMommy
10-16-2002, 08:19 PM
Too fun!!! I love all of our "PetTalkisms"!

I like:
"mawmee" (mommy)
"white coats" (vet)
"zipper" (poor Boot's surgery stuff)

There are a ton that have already been said that are "classic"! :D

NoahsMommy
10-16-2002, 08:27 PM
oh oh oh!! I just remembered another one: ORANGIE!!! (as in our orange tabby babies....)

Vermontcat
10-16-2002, 08:35 PM
One saying that always makes me LOL is Kitty boobies! Who can take credit for starting that one?
I also like some of the comments Tuxluvr has made such as calling Ozzie (a black kitten) "liquid kitty spilled on the floor" and describing her cat Ritzy as a "fur vending machine" when she goes to the vet.:)

AmberLee
10-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
... describing her cat Ritzy as a "fur vending machine" when she goes to the vet.

Isn't that SO hysterical? I just remembered another Sandra/Tats-ism* that cracks me up each time: Port-a-prison for cat carriers, especially when we're taking the kids to the 'white coats'! ;) :D

Uhm, Edwina's Secretary has come up with some marvelous ones, but at the moment I'm drawing a blank.

Niina - thanks for the plug. ;) "Hippo Birdie" was originally a poster by the artist Sandra Boyington (sp?) and, come to think of it, I didn't get it until a friend sang it for me! I think most everything S.B. does is adorable. I feel that everyone in the Pet Talk family should be acknowledged at least once a year, so deliberately picked at greeting that was cute (well, I think so) and relatively short in case I only had a brief time to log in. I haven't met my goal, but with your help and Freckles, we've greeted most of the PTers who've listed their special date. [Thank you for your help, by the way!]

* I think Sandra came up with "Frito Feet" in the hysterical thread by that name. If you haven't read it, DO SO, but not in public - especially if you're at work. You'll laugh so hard you'll draw a crowd.

Logan
10-16-2002, 09:48 PM
I love them all too! :D :D :D

One term I picked up on from Pet Talk, and I'm thinking maybe it was Pam that said it, is "skin kids" as opposed to "fur kids". LOL!! I refer to Helen as my "skin kid" all the time now!!! :)

Nomilynn
10-16-2002, 10:16 PM
This is such a fun thread! A word I stole from pet talk is "poot" because when I saw it the first time I laughed out loud!! I think that was "ILoveMyMaltese" who said that (I don't know her real name).

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2002, 10:42 PM
I've also picked up quite a few terms from being a member here. Most of you have already posted them. Here's one that I learned ROTFL or ROTFLMAO. :) When I was still a newbie I also remember a thread that had pics of our cats in different poses. I think that one of them was elevator butt. :D This really made me LOL because my cats do this all the time while I'm scratching their backs. :)

Miss Meow
10-17-2002, 12:50 AM
And I also learnt 'fur is a condiment' :D

I also like how the cats are the rulers here, and we are the 'humans'

Randi
10-17-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by toughCookie
... but while we're talking about it, what exactly is a headbumpy?
A headbump to me is when Fister comes up in bed when I'm sitting there, gives me a look and then bumps his head into my forehead. That's his way of greeting me - Hello, here I am! :D

I've also seen a lot of words for the first time here, like RB and nosescritchies, etc. When I joined, I immediately noticed posters like: Phred, Sandra/Tatxxx, Sara/Edwina's secretary, AmberLee and Tuxluvr - to mention a few. :) All of these can make me smile any day! :D

10-17-2002, 07:10 AM
Headbumpies , nosekissies , tails crossed , and of course "cutie potatoe !!!

Pettalk cheers me up , every day !!

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2002, 08:49 AM
velcro cat or dog (when they are all over you -- like when you return from vacation!)

sasvermont
10-17-2002, 08:53 AM
"sandybox"

Cataholic
10-17-2002, 08:57 AM
I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW! I never imagined these would all crop up. Some of them I don't even know! I will go look at Frito Feet, but what is Parade Float Kitty???

Headbumpies become cat accidents when Tenny (the 'big' boy) gives me headbumpies while I am laying in bed with the paper and a cup of HOT coffee in hand...I feel like an orchastra conductor trying to avoid the HB and drink the java!

I LOVE THIS THRED! MORE MORE MORE...especially for us newbies who don't know them all....

10-17-2002, 10:52 AM
How about a kitty-nap , Cataholic ?

http://www.gifs.net/animate/anicat3p.gif

Cataholic
10-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Now, lut, would that just be a shorter cat-nap?

And, I still need to know the parade float kitty!!!! :)

NoahsMommy
10-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Now, lut, would that just be a shorter cat-nap?

And, I still need to know the parade float kitty!!!! :) Maybe it is when they scrunch up into a ball shape when they sit? Noah looks like a parade float when he does that! :)

NoahsMommy
10-17-2002, 01:02 PM
I'm stealing this one....can you guess who from? :)

How about: "Da Kat!!!"

:D

wolflady
10-17-2002, 01:35 PM
...I especially like when Wolflady posts with LOL's all over. She seems to be such a happy person!:D

LOL LOL :D :o ;)

Aww...gee..you're making me blush! :o LOL I guess I am a bit of a bubbly person. I figure that it makes the day more pleasant when I'm happy, and smiles can be contagious!:D
**hugs**

This thread is great! So many pet-talk-isms! Going through them all right now has me chuckling at my desk. Lap Fungus! LOL! Yes...elevator butt!!
Headbumpies is one I have picked up here at PT...same with skin kid! Cracks me up! Now, whenever I go to someone's place and they have pets or kids, I'll comment on their skin kids or fur-kids without blinking an eye. Most of the time I get really strange looks! I'm used to it by now though! LOL
Frito Feet courtesy Sandra is definitely a classic!
Some of my usuals are cuteness overload and kitty tootsie rolls!

Who was it that said urp?? LOL I think it was tuxluvr...my cat will inhale his food and urp it back up! So true! LOL

Oh, can't forget purrsonality and cattitude! :D

These are great! Keep those PTisms coming!

TheAntiPam
10-17-2002, 01:50 PM
One of my favorite Pet Talk phrases is "Forever Home".

I'm always happy when another animal becomes a beloved family member.:) But it is also a reminder of all those that don't have a home - yet! :(

I'm proud to admit that Pet Talk has definitely changed my vocabulary! :D :D :D

Miss Meow
10-17-2002, 04:34 PM
They are all coming back to me! I have also learnt 'making bread' when the cat is kneading, and 'loaf of bread' when they sit with their forelegs tucked under.

I will never go the bakery with the same frame of mind!

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
...'loaf of bread' when they sit with their forelegs tucked under.

LOL LOL I just love it when they sit/lay?? like that! I also call it "catloaf" (like meatloaf LOL) or muffing. :D

Lillycat
10-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Here, we call the 'catloaf' pose- the Feline Torso...since you can't see their legs.

I can't find the Frito Feet thread...is it in general?:confused: :confused:

wolflady
10-17-2002, 05:33 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Lillycat! Do tell us about your "kids"! :D Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619&highlight=Frito+Feet+Anyone) is the post on Frito Feet. You'll laugh until you cry and laugh some more. Enjoy! :D

Lillycat
10-17-2002, 05:43 PM
I think dog people are stranger than cat people...and the Frito Feet confirms it. I must log off now, to go sniff my cats paws! I am hoping it won't smell like, uh, well, tootsie rolls...:D

Lillycat
10-17-2002, 05:54 PM
And, for Miss Meow's viewing pleasure, here is the latest PT word

WINKIE :D :eek: :D :eek:

(This is really Cataholic, not Lillycat- she wouldn't approve :p )

AmberLee
10-17-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam
... "Forever Home". ...

Yes, AntiPam! That's a GREAT PT phrase!

Here is a link to a great thread about cat position names (http://64.246.0.213/talk/showthread.php?threadid=9326&highlight=parade+float) -- among others it has Parade Float kitty in it. And some adorable photos!

Rachel
10-17-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Lillycat
I think dog people are stranger than cat people

Maybe not stranger but quite goofy. What amazes me is to know that other dog people have invented the same expressions in their household as we invented in our own....as in *the Big Bed*, *stinkies* and *krunchies*. I haven't seen anyone else say anything about a *Beddie Bye*(dog bed) or a *Biddie Bath*(a bath) yet but you're welcome to use them if you like.

My very favorite PT word has got to be NAWTEEDAWG for which I credit Phred, and I have also adopted his UPPYSET. Never heard the term *Stuffie* before PT and now I use that all the time.

Miss Meow
10-17-2002, 09:39 PM
And, for Miss Meow's viewing pleasure, here is the latest PT word

WINKIE :D :eek: :D :eek:

(This is really Cataholic, not Lillycat- she wouldn't approve :p )

Yeeeeeeeeeeees, but in your own words, do tell us what it means!!! :D

PS never underestimate mothers, they wrote the book!

I just looked at page one of the Frito Feet thread - good lord, you're all mad!!! I have tears down my face from laughing :)

And my new favourite phrase is "tortellini cat" as per Tuxluvr - classic!

Barbara
10-18-2002, 03:00 AM
This is a great linguistic thread. I am now so glad I can say "headbumpies" and "nosekissies" in English. It's the 2 first English words Filou has learnt.

All Creatures Great And Small
10-18-2002, 05:52 AM
This is such a revelation, to know that so many other people become complete loonies around their kitties and talk "kitty talk" at them. My mom was the inspiration for a lot of the words I use to refer to kitty things - she adored every cat we ever had. One of her words was "hoo-ing", which is when the kitty smells something exceptionally stinky and then holds his mouth open to savor it. She also referred to a"winkie" bath as "making a flagpole". (Meaning the kitty's back leg, not his winkie!) The precious gems the kitties left in the litter box were referred to as "Heyday Cookies". I don't know if they even make those cookies anymore, but they were like sugar wafers covered in caramel and chocolate, and then rolled in nuts. So the poopies covered with the old-fashioned clay litter looked just like those cookies. And one of my all-time favorites refers to the beautiful rows of dots on the kitty's muzzle where the whiskers come out - she called these "piecrust holes", because it looked like how you would prick a piecrust with a fork before you bake it. "Airplane ears" were mad kitty ears laying flat, like airplane wings.
"Needle-y teeth" are the tiny little teeth between the fangs.
And a scared kitty tail was a "bottle brush".

My, how I do go on! Oh well, kitties are one of my favorite topics!

Cataholic
10-18-2002, 08:11 AM
All creatures G and S- thank goodness YOU DID NOT go on...I am laughing so hard at those! Good thing you clarify'd the flagpole though..I love the new ones that you came up with. The airplane ears is great! When the tails go big..we say they are starchy or frosty. Mom's one tabby has exsquisite markings, but for one little spot on his arm. We say that Indra has a hole in his sweater.. the poop in the box are "presents" or we say the cat is in his studio 'creating artwork'.. On the rare occasion someone eats tinsel or gift wrap..we say, "oh, look, Indra wrapped something for you"..

As to the Winkie reference, Please look in Cat Health- Basil's Mommy started a thred about a personal question..I don't know how to make a link to it!

Logan
10-18-2002, 08:44 AM
My good friend, Peggy, who has two Golden Retrievers, says "winkie" when she means "pee". She tells those big, handsome boys to go "winkie". LOL!!!! :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2002, 08:58 AM
"winkie" when she means "pee

My mother's dog goes "winky-tinky"!

AdoreMyDogs
10-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

My mother's dog goes "winky-tinky"!

Hehehe :) When my mom's shih tzu was a puppy, he was so small and close to the ground that you really couldn't tell if he had peed or not. The only way to tell if he had peed, was to see if he had a "wet wee" :) And he is now full grown at 5 pounds, and occationally when we pick him up, he has a "wet wee" :) Hehehe :)

This is a delightful thread. One of the best that I can remember in a long time, in my opinion. Some of my favorite PT words are:
Stuffie, Stinkies, Headbumpies, Making biscuts (kneeding kitties), HEAD BUNNIE (Karen :) ) and Nawteedawg. These words were not in my vocabulary before PT, and now I use them all the time. I think they are just the cutest :)

daisy
10-18-2002, 10:37 AM
One saying that always makes me LOL is Kitty boobies! Who can take credit for starting that one?

I think I can safely take credit for that one; see this thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=9965&highlight=boobies) (you'll have to scroll about ten posts down to see it)....

On that same thread there's "parade float kitty" also, coined by tuxluvr.

I agree with the others, this is a fun thread! I really like "headbumpies" and "scritchies"--seeing them here in Cat General makes me believe they're for exclusive kitty use only!!!

Lillycat
10-18-2002, 11:07 AM
i just loooove "winky-tinky"!!!:p

wolflady
10-18-2002, 11:15 AM
LOL LOL ROTFLMAO!!! :D :D

I just can't get enough! These are great! Tuxluvr, your pose names are priceless! Thanks for posting the link to that thread Amberlee! I too am sitting here with tears of laughter streaming down my face!

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bouncebig.gif

Pam
10-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Trevor would like to model the "cat loaf" or "meat loaf" position. He finds this most comfortable and it keeps his little kittie piggies warm at the same time. :cool:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid25/pe243285973d1c76cecbb704fc55a518a/fd8a9c78.jpg

wolflady
10-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Yay Trevor! What a wonderful Catloaf poser you are!:) That is EXACTLY the catloaf!! LOL LOL :D :D

10-18-2002, 12:22 PM
I just remembered another one that my mom's sister used (she is also a cat lover and I think when they were kids together on the farm they coined all these phrases watching the barn kitties).
When a kitty lays on his or her side and stretches WAAAAAAY out, with the back curved, and all 4 legs stretched way out, my aunt called that "zooming". I have not caught a picture yet of my kitty zooming, but I'll bet some of you have - if you have one, could you share it with the group?:D

Former User
10-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Pam, thanx for posting that pic, I finally got the hang of it what that "cat loaf" position means. Great pic! :)

jenluckenbach
10-18-2002, 02:26 PM
We always called the "catloaf" a "loaf of bread, cat" So that's not far off.
And I hate to have old news here, but you got way aheads of me. I got to read the "frito feet" thread last night, and having only cats could not wait to get to work this morning to smell all the dog feet. And they
DO SMELL LIKE FRITOS !!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-18-2002, 06:54 PM
THERE IT IS.
Trevor is doing parade float kitty!.... isn't that where cat boobies came from too?!!?!?

Pam
10-18-2002, 08:11 PM
I just found another one. I had forgotten how often he gets in this mode and the funny thing is that I don't think I have ever seen Andy this way except maybe once or twice. He likes to stretch out and make himself appear to be really long. :rolleyes: :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pca41d6993fc5b192f237959a507ad91e/fd6352bf.jpg

Miss Meow
10-18-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
... When a kitty lays on his or her side and stretches WAAAAAAY out, with the back curved, and all 4 legs stretched way out, my aunt called that "zooming". I have not caught a picture yet of my kitty zooming, but I'll bet some of you have - if you have one, could you share it with the group?:D

Do you mean this? I have half caught it, but Mini is hard to photograph when he is doing the backwards pretzel (as well call it!)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p2be38e31e185dbb3282f3702d0543c3a/fd26c260.jpg

Karen
10-18-2002, 09:35 PM
What you call "parade float kitty" is something Miss Hoppy does, but that I call her "bunny slipper pose" no feet visible at all! ;)

One word I looved that I first heard hear was - "She's a real laprador!" (Lab thinking she's a lap dog!)

And of course, there's always the fabled land of PetTalkville!

Vermontcat
10-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Daisy, thanks for answering my question and posting the thread about kitty boobies! I still love the picture from that cat of the day that thread was from.
Trevor is doing a good boobie pose in the photo of him on the stairs,see how he has bumps Sara, I think the parade float has the front feet tucked under more like in the first Trevor photo.:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-19-2002, 12:05 AM
originally posted by All Creatures Great and Small

One of her words was "hoo-ing", which is when the kitty smells something exceptionally stinky and then holds his mouth open to savor it. She also referred to a"winkie" bath as "making a flagpole". (Meaning the kitty's back leg, not his winkie!) The precious gems the kitties left in the litter box were referred to as "Heyday Cookies".

originally posted by Adore my Dogs
The only way to tell if he had peed, was to see if he had a "wet wee

o.k. I think I have had an overload of laughing right now!! This thread is too funny! *HOO-ING*... I don't think I will ever stop laughing *HEY DAY COOKIES*!!!!!!!!!!! *LOL*LOL* Me and Eric call Tinky Potty-girl and Jupiter Potty-Boy when the come out of the kat box... and bottle brush we called KOMBAT KITTY.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pb84dfab0b7bff907169fc34ce095d8c6/fdc3248f.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pe0f5a008fb58255caa77121f8ed7e3f2/fdb15f46.jpg

Former User
10-19-2002, 04:05 AM
Here's Casper showing how long he is:

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/casperlong.jpg

jenluckenbach
10-19-2002, 05:55 AM
that picture should go on the *caption game*. It would then read:

"See, I'm tall enough to go on the big kid's rides!"

10-19-2002, 06:50 AM
A new word I learned here at PT , is "my humans" ! LOL
And Amberlee's "hippo birdie ewe ewe ! and miiini mooore ! "

hahahaha !http://www.plaudersmilies.de/jump.gifhttp://www.plaudersmilies.de/jump.gifhttp://www.plaudersmilies.de/jump.gifhttp://www.plaudersmilies.de/jump.gif

AmberLee
10-19-2002, 09:28 PM
Well... there is a Pet Talk phrase that now causes me some confusion at work. The 'big' manager loooooves to encourage us to "think outside the box". Now that I spend so much time here at Pet Talk, I have to stop and think about just what box it is we're to be thinking outside of. It doesn't seem so positive anymore. :rolleyes: :D :cool: :D

Barbara
10-20-2002, 05:06 AM

Do you mean this? I have half caught it, but Mini is hard to photograph when he is doing the backwards pretzel (as well call it!)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p2be38e31e185dbb3282f3702d0543c3a/fd26c260.jpg

I call it telescope cat.

And the cat loaf we call "roast goose". Tigris can do it purrfectly.

10-20-2002, 06:35 AM
Yep, that is a lovely example of "zooming" (the backwards pretzel). I'm still trying to catch a picture of "monkeytoes" (back toes gripping). I may have to quit my job to just follow my kitty around the house and photograph him:p :p :D Wouldn't that be great? (I just got done with a 14 hour overnight shift, so the thought of quitting my job is like nirvana at this point!)

luvdemabys
10-20-2002, 03:36 PM
I can't believe I've missed this so far! FUNtastic! "Meat Loaf" is virtually Pip's middle name around here. There was a funny little book, I can't remember anything about it except that it began with the definition "CAT: a h--- of a nice animal strongly resembling a meat loaf." Also, since the Abys consider themselves fully, perhaps super-, "human." they refer to us as "our bipeds."

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 07:44 PM
, but what is Parade Float Kitty???

I think I can take credit for "parade float kitty" - there was a post called 'kitty positions' or "kitty poses" or something like that...

I call "Parade Float Kitty" that posed they do when they sit on all of their feet - it looks like they are parade floats - just put little wheels under them and pull them down the avenue!x

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 07:51 PM
The ecious gems the kitties left in the litter box were referred to as "Heyday Cookies". I don't know if they even make those cookies anymore, but they were like sugar wafers covered in caramel and chocolate, and then rolled in nuts. So the poopies covered with the old-fashioned clay litter looked just like those cookies.

We refer to Ritzy's visits to the litter box as "laying down the tootsie rolls"....yeah, Iknow..gross..

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Ahh I see you found kitty positions (after reading all the threads) :rolleyes:

;)
Here is the classic "parade float Ritzy"

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Here's another version of "cutie pie cat"....this is also a favorite "toe pose"....like "see my new French manicure?"

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 08:10 PM
A new position of Ritz's is to curl up on the couch with three feet stretched out and one foot under...the three are "stacked" on top of one another.....referred to as "bundlefoot"

Another is "otter cat"...when she lies on her back and plays with a toy mousie, then rests it on her upper tummy....reminded me of those nature shows with otters floating in the water on their backs with abalone shells on their tummies! :)

And of COURSE there is "working the room"...the cute cat pose that NO MORTAL can resist (on back, paws curled up, head slightly askew....well, you see the signature pic) :)

Vermontcat
10-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Tuxluvr, I think Ritzy makes a perfect parade float in that photo you posted!:)

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Tuxluvr, I think Ritzy makes a perfect parade float in that photo you posted!:)

Thanks..

I received a Sharper Image catalogue in the mail yesterday and was looking at it and saw this "cordless robot sweeper' thing that looked like a big platter that had wheels that rolled around on the floor and swept stuff up - as it bumped into things it would stop and move another direction..

My friend and I figured we could never have such a thing in our homes because of the cats...then we starting thinking...wait, couldn't you just see coming downstairs and your cat was "riding" on it? I couldn't stop laughing at the visual...a REAL parade float kitty!

tuxluvr
10-20-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Here's Casper showing how long he is:

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/casperlong.jpg

Look, down on the ground, it's a rug, it's a shoe, NO it's SOOOPER CAT!

I think we can establish from this picture that cat's have rubber bones!

Cataholic
10-21-2002, 09:39 AM
I sure don't know what hamwort is...doesn't sound good, though.

The cat flat on his back is a 'train wreck' at my house. Then, the pretzel is the backwards "U"...and it is so funny. My biggest, fluffiest cat does it the most! He stretches until he just can't stretch, and looks like a very wide "U".

And finally, after sniffing Allie and Dakky's toes...I must tell you weirdos...they don't smell like Fritos at all to me. I don't know what they smell like, but it isn't that. I couldn't get to the other four cats..I think they saw me coming and said, "watch out, something weird is about to happen to us".

I did manage to massage Allie's feet, and make her do the toe stretch thing - which is just adorable.

Barbara
10-21-2002, 11:58 AM
I have no idea whether the paws smell different from the rest of the cat but I know that Tigris smells faintly like cinnamon and Filou smells more like an Indian curry (which is anyway among the dishes he likes)

10-22-2002, 03:09 PM
xx

tatsxxx11
10-22-2002, 03:52 PM
Another classis thread is born!!:D:D:D Too funny! I have to write these all down! What a creative group! So many favorties!!

I remember once when I posted about taking the kitties to the vets', I referred to their Pet Taxis as their PORTA PRISONS I remember Pauline really liked that one! And Rachel loves the phrase "time for a tubbie" when the kids need a bath!

As a kid, I remember me and my brother watching the kitties grooming. We watched them sit back on their hineys, lifting and stretching their legs waaaaaaaay up over their shoulder for cleaning in full "pointe." The Ballet tootsie was born! This was the same night we smelled their feet and proclaimed them Popcorn paws...the kitty equivalent of doggie Frito feet!

And if I may be so blunt...we call those little hangers that don't don't seem to make it into the litter box dingleberries OR clingons:D

Thanks for the laughs, guys!!

10-22-2002, 04:00 PM
Those are all GREAT! I love "porta prisons"! We used to call the "klingons" "butt klinkers"............

tuxluvr
10-23-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
And if I may be so blunt...we call those little hangers that don't don't seem to make it into the litter box dingleberries OR clingons:D

Thanks for the laughs, guys!!

LOVE the term "clingons"....that one goes into the kitty thesaurus...too funny....butt klinkers holds a close second

jenluckenbach
10-23-2002, 06:16 AM
We here at the Luckenbach zoo like to call the leg in the air bathing potition "seeing an antenna",
when they fall in front of you to get our attention "blooping"
and when they bathe so loudly it would register on the reichter scale "slurping".

tuxluvr
10-23-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
and when they bathe so loudly it would register on the reichter scale "slurping".

ROFLOL!! Ritzy does something we call "toe crunching"...she actually puts each toe in her mouth and chews on it, it sounds like someone is crunching on icecubes...

Lillycat
10-23-2002, 08:22 AM
tuxluvr.........never thought about a thesaurus for kitties.....and as an extremely research-oriented person, i really should have::: and now, after reading through these posts, i really think "the kitty thesaurus" should come into being....what do you all think? tuxluvr? or is one already "available"? what a hoot!!! cant stop smiling......this is also making my wrist "feel better" too. thanks to one and all!!!!:p :p :p

tuxluvr
10-23-2002, 08:45 AM
tuxluvr.........never thought about a thesaurus for kitties.....and as an extremely research-oriented person, i really should have::: and now, after reading through these posts, i really think "the kitty thesaurus" should come into being....what do you all think? tuxluvr? or is one already "available"? what a hoot!!! cant stop smiling......this is also making my wrist "feel better" too. thanks to one and all!!!!:p :p :p

Sorry to hear about the wrist....and I agree, what a great literary effort! In fact if someone would publish some of the funnier, touching threads in Pettalk, I'm thinking it would be a best seller among pet lovers!

jenluckenbach
10-23-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

ROFLOL!! Ritzy does something we call "toe crunching"...she actually puts each toe in her mouth and chews on it, it sounds like someone is crunching on icecubes...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate when they do that. But then I don't like to hear ice cubes being chewed either.

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 03:33 PM
OHHHH toe crunching is so gross! Tex does it, and I sometimes go inspect his toes to make sure they are all still there! He chews so hard and loud!

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 03:34 PM
MONKEYTOES!

This is what I mean by monkeytoes (gripping):
http://members.aol.com/myerssh61/toes.jpg

Maybe your kitty wouldn't have to do "monkey toes" if you had your house rebuilt to make larger window sills??? Just a thought...he he he :D

10-23-2002, 04:01 PM
xx

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 04:44 PM
All Creatures...now THAT sounds like the proper type of cat house...I can see his position..maybe you can remodel? I, too, live in a starter home...and would like something larger..low windows..screened in porch for the babies...one day, right?

10-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Ahhhh..... a screened in porch - I had forgotten how heavenly that would be. And then, a cat door leading from the screened in porch to the safely fenced backyard, so he could chase bugs and munch on grass (and pretend to terrorize the chipmunks). Life would be a dream........:)

Lillycat
10-23-2002, 04:50 PM
yeah.....sunrooms, solariums, little fuzzy cat-loungers attached to every window in the house.....and on and on and on.......right? what else shall we add to the giant wish list?

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Some sort of automatic faucet...so, when the cats approached, it would turn on, then off when the cat left...

10-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Oh, absolutely! A fresh water dispenser of some type, and something that keeps the canned food cold until the kitty steps on the feeding mat, and then the food dispenses itself onto a plate and warms itself. They already have automatic litter boxes, but I haven't bought one because they are too small. I also think there should be cat doors with electronic locks that only open when your pet walks up to them with the transmitter on his or her collar, to keep other animals from going in and out, and to prevent robbery by extremely small, skinny criminals:D

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 06:00 PM
I also think there should be cat doors with electronic locks that only open when your pet walks up to them with the transmitter on his or her collar, to keep other animals from going in and out, and to prevent robbery by extremely small, skinny criminals:D

LOL!! Maybe because it is late..but that is sooooooo funny! small, skinny, criminals...he he eh

jenluckenbach
10-23-2002, 06:17 PM
I also think there should be cat doors with electronic locks that only open when your pet walks up to them with the transmitter on his or her collar, to keep other animals from going in and out
You do realize that there is such a device available.

Cataholic
10-23-2002, 06:44 PM
I just saw one on COTD thred- Dreamsicle- to describe an orange and white cat like Trevor!

tuxluvr
10-23-2002, 08:25 PM

You do realize that there is such a device available.

Isn't there a thread somewhere about this little contraption?

10-23-2002, 08:40 PM
There probably is, but I'm kind of a newbie and haven't read a lot of the old posts. I will look into this on the Internet though, on the slight chance that I will ever get to install one. Here's another cat product on the web that I would love to have:
Cat FenceIn (http://www.catfencein.com/catfence1.html)

A girl can dream, right?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-25-2002, 04:46 PM
I was catching up on some of the posts I've missed yesterday and saw this one.

Then I was at the physical therapists last night, and the girl was saying something about "......when I was in PT school....." My first thought was wow! they have a Pet Talk school?!?!?! Then about a second later I realized she meant Physical Therapy school - duh! :rolleyes: I completely missed the rest of her thought as I was so intrigued the idea of a Pet Talk school. ;) :D

Pam
10-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Ritzy does something we call "toe crunching"...she actually puts each toe in her mouth and chews on it, it sounds like someone is crunching on icecubes...

Trevor does this too! It looks like the kitty version of someone biting their nails!

Lillycat
10-25-2002, 09:18 PM
to tubbys and peanuts mom; wouldnt you guess we all are at least a school-in-training? we probably have university status and are just not aware of it.:)

tuxluvr
10-26-2002, 10:33 AM
Ritzy was parked on the back of a sofa the other morning...and it caught me how she was flattened out and somewhat "at one" with the piece of furniture....and thought of this term

"Doily Cat" A variaiont of "Catloaf" or "Parade Float", however cat drapes is body over the back of a chair or sofa and "flattens out' and assumes the shape of the specific piece of furniture.

(HISTORICAL REFERENCE: for those of you too young to know what a "doily" is, there was a time when women spent an inordinate amount of time creating little circles of lace embroidery or tatting and draping them over the backs and arms of chairs.....i'm still not sure why - might have been an early kind of "arm and head coaster" to keep dirt and oil off the chair---realize too, that "greasy kids stuff" was a popular hair treatment of the day....preceeded the 50's craze of covering your best chairs in plastic sheeting....but I digress)

AmberLee
10-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Oh my, for some reason, TuxLuvr, your words trigger such a memory for me...

Mom crochetted many beautiful doilies but my personal favorite was a very large one made with black thread interwoven with metallic gold. It was lovely. I'd double it up in a half circle, and drape it across my head in what to me was a very beautiful and exotic black wig. Go trapsing through the house imagining myself as 'the queen of the Nile' and 'walking like an Egyptian' YEARS before that song ever came out.

I was a weird little kid... :rolleyes: :D

10-26-2002, 12:17 PM
I don't know, sounds pretty normal to me! I think we all have some "cringe-worthy" childhood memories. Let's get some pictures up of doily cats! My kitties never did this, so I'd like to see it.

jenluckenbach
10-26-2002, 02:35 PM
"Doily Cat" how a cat drapes is body over the back of a chair or sofa and "flattens out' and assumes the shape of the specific piece of furniture.

That's it !!! that is the perfect word for what Japser does. And he never looks comfortable, but he must be, he stays like that forever.

Lillycat
10-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Ritzy was parked on the back of a sofa the other morning...and it caught me how she was flattened out and somewhat "at one" with the piece of furniture....and thought of this term

"Doily Cat" A variaiont of "Catloaf" or "Parade Float", however cat drapes is body over the back of a chair or sofa and "flattens out' and assumes the shape of the specific piece of furniture.

(HISTORICAL REFERENCE: for those of you too young to know what a "doily" is, there was a time when women spent an inordinate amount of time creating little circles of lace embroidery or tatting and draping them over the backs and arms of chairs.....i'm still not sure why - might have been an early kind of "arm and head coaster" to keep dirt and oil off the chair---realize too, that "greasy kids stuff" was a popular hair treatment of the day....preceeded the 50's craze of covering your best chairs in plastic sheeting....but I digress) yes, you sweet young thing...thats what they were for..cute name..doilycat!!! i like that....actually, i thought some of the needlework very pretty....never did like the plastic stuff until credit cards were "invented":p

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Is this the doily cat pose?

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2002, 07:37 PM
Here's another interesting pose.

jenluckenbach
10-26-2002, 07:50 PM
This picture was originally posted by Krazyaboutkatz, but it is way to good to not re-post:
I was ROTFLOL!!! The perfect doily cat!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p9173d535d8cc280d5897982971d72fe9/fd1ed903.jpg

AmberLee
10-26-2002, 09:30 PM
ROTFLOL!

Cataholic
10-27-2002, 12:17 AM
That qualifies as a super doily! The one of Bruiser is incredible. What is his tail doing like that?:confused:

10-27-2002, 12:20 AM
OMG! ROTFLOLTIC!

(that means til I cried) - HILARIOUS! Beautiful kitties! More doily cats, everyone!

Pam
10-27-2002, 12:28 AM
http://plauder-smilies.com/lach.gifhttp://plauder-smilies.com/lach.gifhttp://plauder-smilies.com/lach.gifhttp://plauder-smilies.com/lach.gif

Jen that is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen!

tuxluvr
10-27-2002, 09:27 AM
This picture was originally posted by Krazyaboutkatz, but it is way to good to not re-post:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p9173d535d8cc280d5897982971d72fe9/fd1ed903.jpg

ROTFLOL!!! YES, YES!! This is what the "pros" would call a "full doily"......involving the splaying of all 4 feet. A "half doily" would still have the feet slightly tucked under.

tuxluvr
10-27-2002, 09:35 AM
I think Bruiser's pose is what I call "contorto-cat" or a lesson in why cats shouldn't practice yoga....remember your mother's warnings, 'If you keep doing that, it will freeze that way":D :cool: ;) :)

And Amberlee.....I love your story about traipsing around with the doily draped over you. I did that too and pretended I was a bride with a veil....we had those things all over our house, on couch arms, couch backs, table tops, under plants...many over them were "starched" into bowl shapes....come to think of it, Cassy and Livvy recently did a photo shoot of a lace doily starched into the shape of a hat, did they not?

tuxluvr
10-27-2002, 05:14 PM
yes, you sweet young thing...thats what they were for..cute name..doilycat!!! i like that....actually, i thought some of the needlework very pretty....never did like the plastic stuff until credit cards were "invented":p

Oh, yes, I was always amazed at the intricacy of these things! The ones my mother has were made by my grandmother, who managed to wield what looked like a needle-sized crochet hook with thin thread, and she had terrible arthritis to boot...the patience and detail it took still amaze me. We each received a framed one for Christmas a few years ago.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Here' Peanut's version of "Doily Cat."
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pb5bc1eef594de00b6bf7d6c78410884b/fd1c4cc4.jpg

Although at our house it's called "Flatso" because it's like she's trying to make herself as flat as possible. ;) :) Actually, what I think she's really trying to do is get as deep down into the cushion as possible because it's warmer there. She has taken up this pose again now that it's getting cold outside again. She doesn't often take up the "Flatso" pose when it's warm outside. :D

Cataholic
10-29-2002, 08:16 AM
T&P's mom...may I comment on your lovely couch? Very pretty. And, what a true animal lover..no throws, sheets, etc., to 'protect' it!!! That is a great flatso picture...:D

Pam
10-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Peanut looks like a Princess on her throne, and rightfully so! She is just gorgeous and obviously quite pampered! Stay warm up there little one. If you want to keep your front feet especially warm you can always assume the "meatloaf" pose. :D

Randi
10-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Me too!! One of the best pics ever!!! I just LOVE it!! :D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-29-2002, 01:09 PM
T&P's mom...may I comment on your lovely couch? Very pretty. And, what a true animal lover..no throws, sheets, etc., to 'protect' it!!! That is a great flatso picture...:D

Thanks, Cataholic, but we do have towels on the seat part of the couch, and on the back of the other chair they like to sleep on. The places that Peanut likes to sleep are no problem because her hair somewhat blends in. It's Tubby's favorite spots that are the tough ones. All that black hair on the "white" couch, carpet, tile.....ugh! :)

Peanut looks like a Princess on her throne, and rightfully so! She is just gorgeous and obviously quite pampered!

True, so true, Pam. She is the little queenie of the house and can basically do whatever she wants to do. If she does something I don't like, she will always runto her daddy who always protects her and takes her side. :rolleyes: :D

Miss Meow
11-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Any ideas on what to call this pose? Mini does it a lot, I just call it the 'you cannot be comfortable' pose.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p823b8e804c359c45b862989819d0a67c/fd18266f.jpg

Cataholic
11-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Squished? He he he

tuxluvr
11-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Any ideas on what to call this pose? Mini does it a lot, I just call it the 'you cannot be comfortable' pose.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p823b8e804c359c45b862989819d0a67c/fd18266f.jpg

I've fallen and don't have one of those things

The "so much for always landing on all fours" pose:rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
11-02-2002, 05:17 AM

that looks like the dreaded HALF DOILY CAT pose

AmberLee
11-04-2002, 11:58 PM
bump :D

Pam
11-05-2002, 07:04 AM

I think it's the "I can't decide if I want to lay down or get up pose!" :D Don't you wish us humans were that flexible!!!

tuxluvr
11-05-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
bump :D http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/p823b8e804c359c45b862989819d0a67c/fd18266f.jpg

Heh heh....I agree with Amber, but would add that this is what I would call the "classic speed bump" pose...new cat owners learn the meaning of "kitty speed bumps" throughout the house...and we walk like we are suddenly 90 years old, careful, shuttled steps to avoid pinching those sweet little toes!

Vermontcat
11-05-2002, 02:14 PM
I think that Miss Meow's Mini is doing the dreaded "SPLAT CAT" pose. It looks like he took a fall and landed with a splat.:eek: Only one of his back legs is on the wrong side, they should all be sticking out in different directions.:rolleyes: I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I really think Mini is a doll and I would hate it if he ever did go splat.

Randi
05-15-2003, 03:07 PM
This may be known, but I just heard it: Helicopter ears! :D (cat)

RedHedd
05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Okay, I had to go look up the Frito Feet thread and now I KNOW I'm in the right place. I LOVE my cats' feet! Goldie had little pink paw pads, which I used to call her "cat seeds". I loved to kiss her feet. One of my favorite smells is freshly licked cat fur. Goldie's was especially sweet; Mr. Mishi has the same kind of fur and a very similar sweet smell when it's freshly licked. :p He also has little pink "cat seeds" and lets me fondle them and kiss them - so sweet! Heh heh heh. Mitzi's paw pads are a variety of pink and black and some pads are both :D She's not too fond of having her little cat seeds touched ... but she'll learn that her new meowmie (learned that one here) has a thing for little kitty feet.

As for other cat-isms, there is a cat dictionary online that I've added a few of my favorite terms too. I'll post the link when I can find it again (it's on my home PC; I'm playing hooky here at work).

What other people call cats "making bread" I call muffing, as Goldie used to do that only on my teddy bear who's name is Muffy. Now both my new cats do it, Mitzi does what I call a "marching muffy" as she can often be caught standing in place, all four paws marching and muffing! It's too cute. Mishi is a front-paws only muffer, at least for now. Last night I caught him with his back legs doing it too. What a pair!

More later ;)

Here's the link to the Cat Dictionary:

http://www.obliquity.com/cats/diction.html

carole
05-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Some of the sayings used on here are just priceless, i find myself using them daily now, someone described my lexie as a furangel, i thought that was ever so cute, and by the way does anyone know how much those fences cost to keep your cat in your section and stray out, i would really love to have that at my place.

Miss Meow
05-15-2003, 11:48 PM
I got all sad when I saw the half-doily Mini at the top of this page. He and Jasmine loved that courtyard so much. Extra incentive to find our own place and make it cat-friendly :)

Barbara
04-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Time for another bump:

Sirrahbed just invented the word pee-biscuit for the pee lumps in the litterbox.

That's a word that made me smile. Or laugh:D

catmandu
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Personally, it is the Pet Talkers , that send Movies of Thier Fur Babies, as that is still a miracle to me , that you can do this! Amazing , to see these Cats , and see them having FUN!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 09:12 AM
OOohhh, Catmandu, you gave me an idea. Maybe I could take a little video of Tubby making his little pee-biscuits! I know at least one PTer that would really appreciate and I don't want to mention any names, but she's got a big orange fluffy kitty and two small gray and white kitties. ;) :D

Then again, maybe I won't make that video.......:p

Barbara
04-16-2004, 09:24 AM
nibblets added the word of "kitty cakes" for the same product:D

nibblets
04-16-2004, 09:39 AM
I've called them 'kitty cakes' since we got Julie...but when I saw 'pee biscuits'.. I knew exactly what she meant.

My favorite phrases have to be 'meatloaf' and 'tortellini'. They are such perfect descriptions!:D

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Maybe I could take a little video of Tubby making his little pee-biscuits! I know at least one PTer that would really appreciate and I don't want to mention any names,
:o Very funny Deb - BUT ...guilty as charged:D :D This IS a funny thread - went all through it and had some good laughs. I have been here less than a year but most of the terms are pretty common by now. A collection follows:

ape s**t - as in "going ape s**t -episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed (see squeak freak) and * below

airplane ears (yoda ears at my house) - those funny pulled back ears that show kitty is NOT very happy!

brushtomer: this is someone waiting on the brushing table for his daily brushing and massage

bundle foot - aka 'tortellini with a stem' - curled up posture in which all four paws are extended and neatly stacked

buttbath - just the essentials:D

bits, cookies, equipment - testicles:D

cat Pilates - essentially any pretzel type posture that usually involves cleaning hard to reach areas

cattitude - what cats have

cat fit - see* below

clingon - those little hangers that don't seem to make it into the litter box

dingle, dingleberry - see 'clingon' above

doily kitty - long haired kitty gracefully draped - usually on the back of a sofa

elevator butt - touch butt/will rise -who knows why they do this??:eek:

fluffy - a euphemism for ...uh...well...plush

flyby - racing through room at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes, see *below

forever or furrever home (love this one!) - a real home that all kitties deserve

full sweep - this is the extreme affectionate gesture - beginning with a headbumpie, followed by a tooth rub, full body sweep and topped off with the one eyed salute.

furrkid and skinkid - self explanatory unless you have a hairy skinkid I guess

grandmeowmie - a cat mommy or cat daddy's mommy, of course

happy feet: same as making biscuits. Or disco feet for the cat still stuck in the '70's.

headbumpies - bumping heads - a sign of affection

hooman - a cat mommy or daddy with skin on

huffing - sniffing freshly licked and sunwarmed kitty fur :D

kitty cakes - same as pee biscuits, only larger *edited:D

kitty kisses - that sleepy looking blink of the eyes that sends a "kiss"

lap fungus:D - a kitty growth on your lap!! AH!!:D

making bread or making biscuits - that cute kneading motion the kitties make with their paws when they are contented

meatloaf or loaf of bread (for vegetarians:D ) paws tucked in, also known as parade float pose

meowmie - a cat mommy

muffin - aka 'lovemuffin', a sweet, affectionate kitty

one eye salute: that's when they get up in your face, giving you lots of love and kisses and head bumps and suddenly present the other end, tail raised to attention, for close inspection. You just got the one-eye salute

pee biscuits - clump of pee in the catbox

pip-flip: jumping and flipping off the wall.

plush - see fluffy

projectile pee - when you can hear the pee hit the side of the box and trickle down. Eeeeeewwwwwww.....

PT'er - an addiction, quite harmless, you probably are one if you are reading this, go huff your furrkid

Richard - aka RICHARD!!! easily amused and most amusing PT'er, known for pithy comments and wry humor

RB or Rainbow Bridge - where our kitties go to wait for us when they are done on earth

scooterbug - litle baby kitties scooting around!!

scritches - essentially a scratch - but obviously better because it must also scratch an itch:D and feels SOOO good to kitty

squeak freak: episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed. (similar to ape s**t above) but involves a loud squeaking noise, I believe. also see * below

tea-cozy: similar to meatloaf pose, but on the kitchen counter where one would have a tea cozy cover for your tea pot!

tits-up : that's when they are lying upside down with full belly exposed

toe jammin': same as toe crunching. Basically working on that toe jam between the toes!

tortitude - what tortie cats have an extra dose of cattitude

tortellini - the round curled up posture my cats cannot do because they are too fluffy

toothrubs - when kitty rubs his cheeks on you to mark and you get jabbed by a tooth!

velcro kitty - lovey-dovey attached kitty - often when the hooman has been gone awhile

white coats - vet

wideload - rear view of a plush meatloaf

*catfit - this one seems to have many variations. collectively, it involves an episode of completely losing it and racing through rooms at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes. It is aka storm of the Mongole hordes, herd of turtles, squeak freak, flyby and going ape s**t.

SORRY IF I MISSED ANY!!!

lots more I am sure!!!

Are there words for the following?:

that pat-pat of the paws when you are sweet talking to kitty

when kitty grabs you with sweet paws and holds on to you to keep you near a little longer

nibblets
04-16-2004, 09:45 AM
a kitty cake and a pee biscuit are identical. I started calling them kitty cakes, because they were roughly the same size and shape of Little Debbie snack cakes.

Barbara
04-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Sirrahbed, are you a dictionary editor! When I looked at the thread again I thought someone should make a list out of these words and here it is- with proper definitions!!!!

Thank you!

rkidsrcats
04-16-2004, 11:24 AM
We spent the last 20 minutes reading and laughing through this thread. Amazing how these little furry creatures worm their way into our hearts and our vocabulary so quickly!:D

We too have learned some new phrases at PT, and we have some to add:

Tits-up : that's when they are lying upside down with full belly exposed (my husband's term...military origin I think!)

Tea-cozy: similar to meatloaf pose, but on the kitchen counter where one would have a tea cozy cover for your tea pot! Remember the toaster covers that looked like cows, chickens...etc?

Pip-flip: jumping and flipping off the wall.

Squeak Freak: episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed. Often preceeded by squeaky chirpy noises to let everyone know a squeak freak is coming on!

Woobie: Fiona's favorite soft doggie toys. Often there is a woobie graveyard in the back where they have been left out all week. Favorite woobies NEVER get washed! She also knows what "get your woobie" means.

Toe Jammin': same as toe crunching. Basically working on that toe jam between the toes!

Brushtomer: this is someone waiting on the brushing table for his daily brushing and massage.

Happy feet: same as making biscuits. Or disco feet for the cat still stuck in the '70's.

Poop Doggy Dog: Fiona's moniker when she gets into the cat boxes (why do they do that????)

One eye salute: that's when they get up in your face, giving you lots of love and kisses and head bumps and suddenly present the other end, tail raised to attention, for close inspection. You just got the one-eye salute.

RedHedd
04-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
Are there words for the following?:

that pat-pat of the paws when you are sweet talking to kitty
Mitzi does this to me with her big white mitts - I call it her kitty high-five as most of the time she doesn't touch me - she just paws at the air. It's SO cute!

tuxluvr
04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Ritzy is modeling another term we call

"bundle foot" (or tortellini with a stem)

and of course, along with
catitude
calitude and tortietude,.....we must include the tudiest of all tudes

TUXIETUDE!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p747141d8d110b494ad54931706e8a0f6/f9087e10.jpg

Barbara
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
rkidsrcats: the one eye salute!!!! How well I know that!

You created some really funny ones:D :D :D

tuxluvr
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
And if I may be so blunt...we call those little hangers that don't don't seem to make it into the litter box [I]dingleberries OR clingons:D

Thanks for the laughs, guys!! [/color] [/B]

We brush Ritz regularly, sometimes we must attend to the "dingles" that she occasionally leaves - we refer to the overall business of brushing as "kee kee brush"...and the generalized removal of dingles as

"getting the fluffybutt treatment"

lbaker
04-16-2004, 12:51 PM
What's every bit as amazing is how so many of the same current PetTalkers are still here, still posting, and still have the same lovely unique (to non-pet people maybe) way of expressing things. PetTalkaholic is a term that comes to mind *guilty as charged* ;) :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Ritzy is modeling another term we call
"bundle foot" (or tortellini with a stem)

And that is the most adorable "bundle foot" I've ever seen! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, Nomilyn just came up with another one.

Projectile Pee - when you can hear the pee hit the side of the box and trickle down. Eeeeeewwwwwww..... :eek: :D

sirrahbed
04-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi PT'ers, just thought I would let you know about our newest adventure. One of my furrkids just went and did a pip flip after an amazing flyby!! He had been in a wide load meatloaf all day and even given me a full sweep and some kitty kisses while he made biscuits earlier, but eventually changed to a doily before morphing into a footbundle. (He is too plush for a true tortellini) I think he is still angry about losing his bits at the white coats because he sure has been showing a lot of cattitude lately! At first he was a real velcro kitty, giving me headbumpies and toothrubs and demanding lots of scritchies, you know, being a real muffin to his Meowmie! Then again, maybe he is angry with me for removing the dingleberries before his buttbath? Maybe I am not removing the pee biscuits quickly enough? I know he does not like all the huffing I do, but really, did I deserve that one eye salute? Oh well, right now, my lap fungus is back and doing the happy dance, so I suppose everything is OK and his hooman is forgiven.

lbaker
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
:D :D :D ROTFL ;)

RedHedd
04-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Debbie: :D Well done! :D

slick
04-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by rkidsrcats
One eye salute: that's when they get up in your face, giving you lots of love and kisses and head bumps and suddenly present the other end, tail raised to attention, for close inspection. You just got the one-eye salute.
ROFLMAO!!!!!! :D :D :D

Projectile pee??? Around my house you get the projectile vomit.

Hmmmmm, Projectile Vomit sounds like the name of a rock band.

tuxluvr
04-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by slick
ROFLMAO!!!!!! :D :D :D

Projectile pee??? Around my house you get the projectile vomit.

Hmmmmm, Projectile Vomit sounds like the name of a rock band.

'Hmmm....brainstorm here - how many "kitty rock band names" can we glean from this thread

"The Projectile Meat Loaf"
"Poop Biskit"

"Scritchie Tortellini and the One-eyed salute!"

gad...you had to get me started!!!!

Nomilynn
04-16-2004, 09:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is TOO funny :D

I'm so glad to know Bassett's projectile pee will forever be named in the PT Dictionary!!

Oh.. and for Miss Meow's Mini pose.. Tilly does that too and I call her twisty kitty :)

Corinna
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
While all these are new to my vocabulary, but the one that makes mr smile the most(cuz I know it will be something funny) is RICHARD!!:) :D :D :D :D

jazzcat
04-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Has anyone ever discussed a "FlyBy" here?

That is what we call it when out of the blue Ripley goes racing by at top speed - just like a jet will do at an air show. He never keeps running, he just races through whatever room we are in. When he was younger he used to grace us with at least one flyby every night. He would usually wait to do it until we were really into a good tv show or movie. It always makes me laugh but they are few and far apart these days.

Barbara
04-17-2004, 04:08 AM
:D :D :D for Debbie!

Jazzcat, what you call flyby is a group activity here. We always thought it was a play (as in Broadway) called "The storm of the Mongole hordes";)

lbaker
04-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Random thoughts, yes.. the word RICHARD does make me smile and think of PetTalk but so does the word BINKS, and Sophie Bunny (and/or Zippy Kat). But rock band names? There was a thread some time back called "Bathing Bunnies". I always thought that would be a great name for a RockBand :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Debbie, thanks for making up the vocabulary PT list. This is great.:D

prechrswife
04-17-2004, 03:49 PM
At our house, a "fly-by" is known as a "cat fit."

smokey the elder
04-17-2004, 04:02 PM
I love "one-eyed salute"! Too funny!:D

tuxluvr
04-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by prechrswife
At our house, a "fly-by" is known as a "cat fit."

I LOVE "fly by"...also known as
"RCO" - or Random Cat Outburst

in our house, this is also
"The nine-o'clock crazies"
also
"couch-cat pinball"

or
"Thundering herd of cat" (because that's what it sounds like when a 15 pound cat goes rumbling through the house)

and for a general new term for "animal colloquialisms"...would it be

"FURMINOLOGY"?

Kfamr
04-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Now I wonder if i'm the only one -- have any of you used any "PT Words" in real life - just to have someone look at you weird and say "HUH?"

I have! :o :p

Nomilynn
04-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Now I wonder if i'm the only one -- have any of you used any "PT Words" in real life - just to have someone look at you weird and say "HUH?"

I have! :o :p

ALL THE TIME!!! :D

lbaker
04-17-2004, 08:37 PM
My co-workers already know I'm weird so when I slip and say a "PetTalk phrase" they just do what they do all the time at me.. sometimes behind my back I'm sure :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lbaker
04-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Just remembered! Gini once started talking in public about how she had go home and get a picture of Rascal for his passport so he could go on the Princess Feline cruise!! Remember that?!

sirrahbed
04-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Mostly I do this with my hubby - of course he already KNOWS I am weird:rolleyes: But, at night, I will fill him in on who did what and who belongs to who...he says I talk like these are real people...what does he think you are...martians???:D
BUT, he is starting to check in here too!!!:p Sometimes HE will even be the one to ask - so what has Leroy done lately? or...How are Kim's cats doing?...stuff like that. Earlier he was like "Look! I am getting a full sweep here!!" And I said "Yeah and now you are getting the One eye salute at the end!":eek: