PDA

View Full Version : We're Here!!!

Sirrahsim
03-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Hey everyone! We are here in Germany where we get to live for the next few years! We are in temp housing right now but will be moving to our own home on Friday:D The trip was long and stressful and filled with minor irritations but it is finally over and our whole family, including the furkids of course, are here! I have not had a chance to get my German license yet so I haven't been able to drive on the autobahn, but I have gone on it with friends several times. At times it was just like any other highway but when we were in a hurry to make it to a landlord meeting it was a WILD good time!
I wanted to post pictures but I can't find the charger to my camera so I don't know when I'll be able to. :( Hooray for finally being DONE with my husband's year away and for getting settled in a new place!

I have already popped across the border to pick up some fantastic Belgian beer! It is MUCH stronger than American beers and had me feeling quite happy after just one of the best best beers I have ever tasted:D:D

moosmom
03-15-2010, 07:08 AM
WELCOME HOME GIRLFRIEND!!! At least the worst is over and you can concentrate on unpacking...UGH!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Missy.

Hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Pinot's Mom
03-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Welcome to your new home! Glad everyone got there in one piece! Have fun settling in! :D

lvpets2002
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
:) Guten Tag
So glad you made the trip to your new home.. Glad the Furr Purr Babies made it as well.. Rest now & take your time getting settled.. Post us pics when you can.. Gosh from WF Tx to Germany = What a diff of life..

Catherinedana
03-15-2010, 09:11 AM
How exciting!!! Welcome to your new home!! :D

Freedom
03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Hooray, welcome to your new home!

gini
03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Such good news that your whole family is now together - including your critters.

It may take a bit of time to get settled - but once you are I hope you enjoy every minute of your days in Germany.

Randi
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Welcome to Europe! Germany is a wonderful place to live, especially in the South - where are you? Glad you got the whole family together, and the kitties too. :)

Have fun moving into your new house!

Oh, you have got to try a beer called Westmalle!

kokopup
03-15-2010, 12:25 PM
You may have already said where in Germany You are living and I just missed it.
Are you allowed to disclose where you are?

When I lived in the Netherlands My son was in the Air force stationed at the, now closed, Hahn Air Force Base in Germany. It was nice because we got to have special Christmases in Austria as a family.

I hope you will enjoy your time in Germany. You need to take every opportunity
to travel and see Europe. I hope your transition will be painless for you and the furkids.

Sirrahsim
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
We are living on the Western edge within an hour of Belgium, Luxembourg, and France! I will keep my eyes open for Westmalle :) We plan on keeping the bottles or at least the caps from each different type of alcohol we try while we are here :) I had a Tripel Karmeliet the other night and it was absolutely delcious!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Missy, Paul, Tyler & Austin! We miss you all lots! Yesterday was Vinces first birthday party, Quinn asked about 20 times if Missy, Tyler & Austin were coming to baby brothers' birthday party. Wished you were here but TOTALLY am happy for you all :) Hugs from the Baxter crew. Tell me about the trip when you can :)

CountryWolf07
03-15-2010, 03:43 PM
How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures soon. :)

Karen
03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Didn't realize you'd be that close to Belgium - maybe when things are settled you and the boys can make a trip over to see Lut!

Glad to have you back online!

prechrswife
03-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Glad you made it safely!

Daisy and Delilah
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm so glad to hear you guys finally made it!! Good for you, Missy. You have a very exciting life. Enjoy yourselves and we can't wait for pictures.:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Didn't realize you'd be that close to Belgium - maybe when things are settled you and the boys can make a trip over to see Lut!

Glad to have you back online!

Oh yes, we're already planning this ;)!!

I'm honoured you like Belgian beers!! We have uncountable good beers here, and some of them are known worldwide!! Why??? Because they are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know much about brands, as I don't drink alcohol, but I can ask my hubby which brands you surely have to try :):p:)

Medusa
03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Good for you! I'm glad that you're all together and settled. Have fun there in Germany! An acquaintance lived there for a couple of years and he loved it! :)

Sirrahsim
03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Moving to my new house tomorrow! I'll be without internet for a while but I'll upload pictures and stuff as soon as I can :)

K9karen
03-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Glad you made it safely! Sounds like you're adjusting already!

I was never a beer drinker until I discovered Belguim beers! Yummo! They're great! The only beer I drink.

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2010, 12:37 AM
I'm glad to hear that everyone made the trip safely and that you'll be moving into your new home tomorrow.:) I'm looking forward to seeing pictures too.:)

Lilith Cherry
03-19-2010, 01:51 AM
Enjoy your new posting.....I hope everything goes well with moving into your new quarters and that you will enjoy Europe!