PDA

View Full Version : Now here's a thought....

Catty1
03-14-2010, 05:54 PM
...this was posted on my FaceBook page....

Negitivity isn't just a brainspace...it is often a silent addiction. Unlike drugs or alcohol, it isn't obvious yet its the root of most, if not all obvious addictions. If you are addicted to feeling bad you will sabotage any effort at feeling good. Recognizing the deepest, darkest roots and working from the bottom up is the truest way to change.

Can't quit that bad habit?? This might be why.

Kalei
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
That is so true....

kitten645
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I absoutely agree. Some people THRIVE on negativity.
Claudia

moosmom
03-15-2010, 07:06 AM
This is SOOO true! My therapist is teaching me a meditation technique to stop the negative feelings. I feel more relaxed and am using it whenever I feel an anxiety attack coming on.

phesina
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Thank you, Candace. That one sure hits the nail on the head.

DJFyrewolf36
03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for spreading this around ;)

Marigold2
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes I have a friend like that, her entire life is like this. She enjoys misery.
I love her but can only stand her company for a short time before I want to stick my head in the oven to shut her up. She does NOT want happiness, it's always poor me and this is how she gets attention.
She still can't figure out why her new friends always leave her. I let her cry and complain for 10 minutes and then I hang up with her and have a fun day. The more she cries and whines the more I pamper myself and the happier I am just to break away from her bubble of doom.