PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty

catnapper
03-14-2010, 09:06 AM
I mentioned that Flutter's sister was going to be returned to the shelter if a foster mom wasn't found. Well..... she was returned to the shelter on Monday. I got a call from the adoptive mom Thursday, crying, telling me what she'd done. She begged me to call her back. I have been sick (AGAIN) and didn't have the energy to call her back... because I didn't want to be talked into taking Pixie back. So she called me yesterday. This time to appologize for her crying message.

I got off the phone feeling ok. I felt like it wasn't my responisbility to take back Flutter's sister. I was afraid if I spoke with the adoptive parents then I'd be in the car racing to the shelter to gather my girl's sister in my arms. But I didn't have that feeling. Yay me!

Until an hour later, when a customer came in the door who also works for the rescue. She works in the shelter. I said, "oh so you have my Pixie!" Her eyes got real big and she asked what happened to her leg. I told the story. She said that Pixie is an awesomely sweet little girl. Comes when you calls. Wants to be held, etc. DRAT. So now I'm feeling like I need to race to the shelter and gather that little girl in my arms and bring her home.

Now all night, I couldn't sleep for having weird dreams about ear-tipping my cats. How is ear tipping connected to Pixie? Because someone randomly cuts all my cat's ear tips off, just like someone randomly cut Pixie's leg off. I had an AWFUL night sleep. Every time I fell back asleep, another one of my cats had a missing ear tip. I had to wake up and check each cat out each time (all ears are in perfect shape by the way)

catmandu
03-14-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought that ear clipping was done just with Strays who were out in the wild so they knew not to catch them and operate on them.:)
Pixie must have lost her leg due to an accident.:eek:
I am confused , is Pixie at the shelter now, or did someone take her??:confused::confused:

Anikaca77
03-14-2010, 11:56 AM
I hope Pixie finds a home or did she find a home with the lady who came into the shelter?

jennielynn1970
03-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I feel badly too, I didn't know she dropped Pixie off at the shelter. Geez. I couldn't take her in, I wish I could, but with the issues we're having at my place, it's just not in the cards. I'd probably fall in love with her and end up keeping her and Angel both if I had them!

I hope one of the other fosters will take her in. Poor little thing.

emily_the_spoiled
03-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Any update on Pixie?