PDA

View Full Version : Warning to All in Minn - Wisconsin

Freedom
03-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I am cross posting this. I have not been able to track down the original source (as yet). But it is scary enough that if true, I want folks to be aware:

From the WI Rescue list: I am writing to let you know that there is a LARGE group of bunchers working from the Hibbing-Virginia area down through Duluth-Mid Minnesota-mid Wisconsin.I have not only spoken with many people who have had their pets stolen from their fenced yards, taken off tie-outs, and one brave enough to... run up to a man's porch in broad daylight and try to unsuccessfully to steal his Dachund.

There was an 18 month old bulldog puppy grabbed out of a young girl's arms in Grand Rapids, MI. The man ran to a waiting car. So it was at least two people. This was on local news with the family interviewed. Sad, sad and fearful. I take Maddie with me in the car a lot, but it is starting to scare me. Just a short trip into the drug store. Oh this is a big fear of mine.

krazyaboutkatz
03-13-2010, 12:50 PM
This is horrible.:mad::( I sure hope that they're able to catch these awful people.:mad:

king2005
03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Hmmm.. thats doesn't sound new... I swear I was hearing things like that when I was a teen (10+yrs ago)... Chances are its not new, but chances are it's still ongoing, but not as bad as that post made it sound. Stealing from yards, yep, happens often enough.. but out of someone arms, less likely... even though some chick tried that with me when my old RB dog was a wee pup...

This is one reason you never leave your dogs unattended in the yard.