PDA

View Full Version : Who is Phred?

Randi
03-13-2010, 06:01 AM
That is the question I got from a friend and a new member here (Scorpio). It’s a simple question, but I think it needs a thread of it’s own. So here are a few answers for you.

When I first joined, I noticed a strange and amusing kind of writing in some posts, but with John’s help, I began to decipher the gibberish and found it to be quite funny. :D

Phred is a loved and respected member of PT. :love: He is the dad of Cinder, Smoke and Heidy. Boots da Kat, departed a few years ago. :( In fact, he looked quite a lot like "Big Boy". Phred is a retired firefighter, but he has other talents, too - and good connections all over the US. Just take a look at this thred and see what he did! :cool: In post 1280 (or thereabouts), there are pictures of who he sent to the party Gini hosted in LA in 2005.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=67633&highlight=Annual+bbq

I think these below will keep you entertained for a while, too.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=15656&highlight=Dear+Phred

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3850&highlight=Cinder+stray+found

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=5202&highlight=Help%2C+evil+plastic+bag+me%21

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=50686&highlight=real+estate+rental+agent%21%3F%3F

I could not find the thread about Boots I wanted, but I'm sure someone will dig it up. Enjoy! ;)

MoonandBean
03-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Cool idea.

Phred is well known for his 2 dogs Cinder and Smoke and the wonderful purrayers they send up to help people and pets in need. Here is the one they sent up for Bean. It worked :)

<picks up Purrayer Line> <dials God>
>riiiiiing<

Herrow, God's Howze, Bowser speakin ...

BOWZ? We wz dialin Boots, da KAT, over inna KAT Dept.

I'm pickin up their calls - they's all over onna Bridge *lookin*.

Ooooh ... We wanted to leave a note fur God about a missin Kitty.

WHO dat?

Bean - belongs to MoonAndBean ... missin fur a while now.

BEANER?? - THAT's who they're all onna Bridge *lookin* fur!
God went over to da 'Lektrik Shop to turn on s'more Stars to help wiffa search.

OK ... Ask 'em to keep a sharp eye out fur him.
Is God gettin allua Purrrayers fur Bean?

There's so many Kandils burnin fur Bean that the Fiur Guys parked a
pumper in frunta da Chapel ...

OK - tell God we 'preciate allua Help.
Thanks, Bowz - an say HI to Boots fur us.

DONE, Gang!!

----------------------
Hurrie Home, Mr. Bean!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Phred helped me get Woody, my little rescue basset pup, shipped to PA. I don't remember what the thread was called, but John was such an incredible help in getting it all worked out. John's the BOMB!:love::love::love:

Karen
03-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Phred is the human behind Cinder and Smoke's post, and is currently owned by Cinder, Smokey and Heidi - a.k.a. the mini-mutt. He's also one of the main organizing forces behind the Findlay Ohio Pet Talk gatherings, and an all-around stand-up guy.

Bowzer and Boots have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge, so are regularly called by the "prayer pups" to talk to God in behalf of Pet Talk animals. Bowzer was a rescue - Zippy-kat's grandpa's dog, kinda a low-slung husky mix. Boots was a tuxedo fluffy kitty, and full of cattitude.

As noted by his pets' names - smoke, cinder, boots - he's also a volunteer firefighter of many years. And brings very yummy cookies to the Pet Talk gatherings!

Freedom
03-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Phred is a very special PT member to us here as well. I enjoy reading his stories, his prayer calls to GOD, and all his posts.

gini
03-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Who is Phred? What a loaded question. You have no idea what you have asked.

Let's just say that he is one of THE BEST members of this whole forum.
He has been here for every one of us through phun times and sad times.

He doesn't just offer suggestions, he gets involved, and when he can he makes things happen - rescues pups and offers the best prayers through Cinder and Smoke that go right up to GOD! And he gets answers that none of us could imagine.

He's a wonderful guy and I had the privilege to meet him at Findlay Park
at one of the BBQ's.

We all love Phred! (even though he sends firetrucks to my home - not once - but twice!!)

Husky_mom
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow!!.. who is Phred?.. how can I answer to that.. I´m really not sure I can find the correct words.. or have the enough space to explain..

in resume.. he´s an AMAZING dude!!

he´s always here to help out.. has an unconditional disposition to give a hand and a very much appreciated prayer.. has a very talented way of making you get LES everytime..

I sure wish I´ll be able to meet him someday in one of the PT gatherings.. they sure sound phun ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Phred is the embodyment of the best of Pet Talk. :love:

Cataholic
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Phred is a person you could call at 2 am, and en route to your house has 3 alternate plans devised. He is the person that remembers the situation from 3 months ago and follows up to see how things are. He is the sort of person that puts his needs far behind others. He is the 1 person you want on your side, when things are tough. He is a much beloved member of PT, and I am lucky to call him a friend.

Lady's Human
03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Who is Phred?

One of the few Hoomin-type critters I've run across who I'd trust as much as a dog.

Karen
03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
A good thread to direct Scorpio - or other newcomers - to is"
What is a Pet Talker. (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=84065) Much of it applies to Phred, and others here as well!

K9karen
03-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Phred's MY Toots! :p

Marigold2
03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Phred is a good person with a heart of gold a soul of a dog. Blessings may your life be filled with joy as you fill others with the same.

ChrisH
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Phed is a shining example of the best in humankind.

moosmom
03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
WHO IS PHRED?????:eek::eek:

Randi,

I sure hope you told them he's da best!!! Firefighter extraordinaire, PTer with a huge heart of gold, great friend and an absolute riot!!! He also makes THE best chokochip cookies on that side of the world!!!

shais_mom
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Who is Phred? What a loaded question. You have no idea what you have asked.

He doesn't just offer suggestions, he gets involved, and when he can he makes things happen - rescues pups and offers the best prayers through Cinder and Smoke that go right up to GOD! And he gets answers that none of us could imagine.

He's a wonderful guy and I had the privilege to meet him at Findlay Park
at one of the BBQ's.

We all love Phred! (even though he sends firetrucks to my home - not once - but twice!!)

And he deliver's firemen! ;)

moosmom
03-15-2010, 11:22 AM
*shrugs shoulders, bows head* "never delivered a fireman to me." :(

shais_mom
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
*shrugs shoulders, bows head* "never delivered a fireman to me." :(

never say never! ;):eek::love:

Randi
03-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Phred is a person you could call at 2 am, and en route to your house has 3 alternate plans devised. He is the person that remembers the situation from 3 months ago and follows up to see how things are. He is the sort of person that puts his needs far behind others. He is the 1 person you want on your side, when things are tough. He is a much beloved member of PT, and I am lucky to call him a friend.

Spot on! :) :D :love: :cool:

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I've always loved the prayers by Phred's prayers pets!!!