PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful night!

Laura's Babies
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
We had such a wonderful night! I got home to be greeted by all the "girls" welcoming me home. It was almost a fight over getting in lap time with me. Samantha is already in my lap, Giz wants her turn and dares to get up in Samantha's face and growl at her to MOVE and move NOW! Bed time was great, Amy, Samantha and Boo all took their spots and stayed there all night long snuggling with me. It was soooo sweet! I think I enjoyed it more than they did..

I had the sweetest dream about Amy while I was gone. I dreamed she somehow got out of the house and I found her out in the yard, curled up in the cool grass just smiling, so pleased with herself at what she was doing. It was SO darn sweet! That dream stayed with me the rest of the trip...

We had a lovely trip, long ride to get to the boat and a long ride to get home but the 28 day trip itself was really enjoyable. 2 of my giants are on diets now and with my help are changing their lives. One of the biggest has lost something like 48 pounds since Christmas trip and no longer needing his medication for his type 2 diabetes and is able to walk a lot better without all that weight. The second dieter has lost 13 pounds since starting his alternate way of eating 2 weeks ago and he said he immediately started sleeping better and his blood pressure is better than it has been in a long time. He said he has never done good on "diets" so this in not a "diet", it is a alternate way of eating and it IS working for him. I keep reminding them both is is all about "choices!", making the right choices when selecting what to eat! You can have "this" or "that".... but not BOTH so pick the best choice.. LOL! So now they ask me which is the best choice of (example) desert.... that cake? or the jello with fruit? or the apple salad?... ALL will satisfy the sweet tooth but which is the lesser calories and lesser fat and the wiser choice?

Did you know you CAN change/reverse high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes with changing what you eat? I told them, THAT is in their own hands and what they want for their future.

So on the home front, we are all happy to be back together again. Samantha and Boo are needing to get their annuals while I am off this time and I am needing to schedule mine also...LOL! I am also suppose to start helping Blaine TNR while off this time. She is the one who got the cats here done for us so I am going to repay her by helping the one who helped me... HER! She has trouble finding anyone to trap during the week so that will be right up my alley and get me out of the house to boot. Hope everyone had a great time while I was gone and now I gotta play catch up if I can and see what I missed the last 28 days...

Randi
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome back, Laura! :) Sound like a nice trip and a super welcome home by the kitties. :D

catmandu
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Welcome Back Indeed Laura!!
We know how happy Your Ladies are to see you after you being away for a month at a time!!!:love::love:
Our Awesome Angels Army loves travelling with you along the Mighty Mississipi, seeing all those great river towns and trying all the great food and of course having the fine dinnes that you cook as well.:):)
But of course theres no place like home!!!:love::love:
Welcome Back Laura!!!:D:D

orangemm
03-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome home, Laura! So glad you're back home safely with your babies.:love:

And, kudos to you for promoting healthy eating. It sounds like those guys are doing really well and feeling good! I need to do the same thing to lose the holiday/blizzard/laziness weight!:D

Freedom
03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Laura! *waving* glad to hear you are back with all the snugglers!

Scooter's Mom
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
So happy to have you back with us!

I need you to come cook for me, so I can shed some of this excess weight that's been plaguing me! With being gone 12+ hrs every day, we just don't have the energy to cook a "Good, healthy" meal every night.

3Catcondo
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Welcome Back Laura!! It doesn't seem like you are gone as long now that you can update facebook on your iphone..

phesina
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Welcome home, Laura!

Laura's Babies
03-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Welcome Back Laura!! It doesn't seem like you are gone as long now that you can update facebook on your iphone..

Being able to do that helps me feel like I am still connected with the outside world while I am gone. I especially like that I can share pictures that I take out there, sometimes as soon as I take them, other times as soon as we can get a signal..

I did get on PT and post but it is really hard to type on that tiney keyboard and NO spell checker.. FB, you can just do a few words and be done with it. So much easier to do.

Boo got her brushing again today and I will get her some more tomorrow. Amy got a good brushing this evening and she was in hog heaven. I know they have to miss being brushed while I am gone... I got Giz also brushed..:rolleyes: You can't pick up a brush without her coming running for her turn too!

cassiesmom
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Welcome home, Laura! I lit a candle for you being safely home.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10373635

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
WELCOME to Dry Land!

WHAT is your "handle" on Face Book?
Did you ever tell us??

Now, how 'bout some Boat Tails?

:D

katladyd
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Welcome Home!!! We missed you.:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Welcome back Laura.:) I'm glad that you had a good trip.:)

lvpets2002
03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
:) Welcome Back Laura.. Glad your work trip was a good one.. So glad the girls are giving you lots of Love & Attention.. I know they miss you when your away.. They wanted me to ask when is retirment.. Hee Hee

Laura's Babies
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
They wanted me to ask when is retirement.. Hee Hee

I am laughing at that because in the car coming south my Captain asked me when I plan to 'leave" him. I would love to retire as soon as I could but the thought of NOT having a job scares the heck out of me! :eek: I have worked since I was 15 years old and the thought of not...... :rolleyes:

Now, how 'bout some Boat Tails?

OMG Phred, my Captain told me the funniest "Boat Tail" coming home but it would have to go in the dog house section and then may not be acceptable there just because of the nature of what it makes one think...

cassiesmom- I saw the candle earlier today, THANKS! That was so sweet and thoughtful.