PDA

View Full Version : Merlin Olsen died

Medusa
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArekAWWre08YFBSO0EgdUpGbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTNpMzd 1ODg1BGEDMTAwMzExIHNwb3J0cyBtZXJsaW4gb2xzZW4gZGllc yB0BGNwb3MDNARnA2lkLTIyNTcwBGludGwDdXMEcGtndgMxMQR wb3MDMgRzZWMDdGQtZmVhdARzbGsDdGl0bGUEc2xwb3MDRgR0Z XN0AzcwMQ--/SIG=12g45uro7/**http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news%3Fslug=ap-obit-olsen%26prov=ap%26type=lgns

He was 69. I'm not a football fan but I do remember him from Little House on the Prairie. May he RIP.

Queen of Poop
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I am very sad to learn this. He always seemed like such a sweet, huge man. Especially on Little House on the Prairie. He did pretty good football commentary too.

Grace
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Oh my - I remember when he played for the LA Rams. I hadn't heard he was ill.

He was a three-time academic All-American in college, Utah State, and graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Kappa Phi in 1962 with a degree in finance.

Much too young to go :(

happylabs
03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
He had cancer. How sad. I loved him in LHOTP. Did not even realize he was a football player.

Taz_Zoee
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Why does this happen? I guess it's true that it happens in three's. That means there is still one to come, or did I miss someone?
Corey Haim
Merlin Olsen

RIP to both of them. :(

Bonny
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
We had a Laura Ingalls Wilder 4 site meeting today. I had just got home from the meeting & my son told me Merlin Olsen passed away. There aren't to many menfolk left living from the TV show. It is sad news for sure.

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Why does this happen? I guess it's true that it happens in three's. That means there is still one to come, or did I miss someone?
Corey Haim
Merlin Olsen

RIP to both of them. :(

Willie Davis of the Los Angeles Dodgers just died....
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/dodger-thoughts/post/_/id/3264/farewell-willie-davis-1940-2010

Grace
03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Meaning no disrespect, but putting Corey Haim in the same category as Merlin Olsen and Willie Davis is insulting to those gentlemen - IMHO.

Taz_Zoee
03-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Meaning no disrespect, but putting Corey Haim in the same category as Merlin Olsen and Willie Davis is insulting to those gentlemen - IMHO.

The only catagory they are in together is death. That's all.

lvpets2002
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
:( How Sad.. Yes I just loved watching him on Little House On The Prairie.. RIP Merlin Olsen..

Momto4FemaleFelines
03-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh I'm so sad to read this! I am a sucker for Little House. Merlin was wonderful as Jonathan Garvey and later as Aaron in Aaron's Way.

This makes 3 major leading men from LHOTP dying of cancer...Michael Landon of pancreatic(I think) cancer, Victor French(Mr. Edwards on LHOTP and Michael Landon's sidekick in Highway to Heaven) of, I believe, lung cancer.

I wonder how many of the other older actors/actresses from that show are still around.

boomersooner
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I just read where Peter Graves of Mission Impossible has died of a heart attack at age 83, I think I read. He would make the third actor who has died in recent days. His brother was James Arness of Gunsmoke...He was older, but I think he is still alive..just not in the public eye anymore. I know he hurt his back very badly in the Anzio battle in WWII so he might not be able to get around. He limped in Gunsmoke some, due to the injury.