PDA

View Full Version : Spring ahead Thursday #369.

RICHARD
03-10-2010, 02:53 PM
This Sunday we move our clocks ahead 1 hour in order to celebrate Daylight Savings Time.......

So remember to change the batteries on your smoke detectors, CO2 machines and other electric equipment.

The DOTD?

Mountain Breeze recipe

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz cranberry juice
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz 1800® Tequila
1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
1/2 oz grapefruit juice

Build ingredients over ice in a hurricane glass, shake and garnish with a lime wedge.

DONE!

lvpets2002
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
:eek: Already time changing again.. Yes Spring Forward.. Ok lets get the Bar open.. Orc could you gets me & you ones of those yummy drinks withs a Umbrella & some fruit please.. Orc is going to the store also to be getting some snack food.. Let the wind blow & flowers grow..

slick
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Only one more hour to go Richard, until I find out if I have a job for the next year. :rolleyes:One Mountain Breeze please and make it a double. I have to really hold back this year.

RICHARD
03-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Only one more hour to go Richard, until I find out if I have a job for the next year. :rolleyes:One Mountain Breeze please and make it a double. I have to really hold back this year.

One Double Mountainous Breeze..
DONE!

So, what happened?

LP,

Orc, do your thing!

DONE!

Karen
03-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Nice cup of tea, please, with lemon, as I am allergic to it in real life, and kinda miss that touch of spring it seems to add to plain black tea this time of year.

Queen of Poop
03-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Early morning, I'll put on coffee for those who partake and tea for those of us who like something else. Hoping for a good day today. Third sleepless night in a row. But wow is Diego ever becoming a good night time snuggler. Happy day everyone!

wombat2u2004
03-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Morning all.
11.18pm here, so I'll be heading off to bed in a moment, happy with tonights
eBay wins :D
And I'll see you all in the morning......or is that in your afternoon ????
You upside down people surely keep weird times.:p

I'll have a shot of rum barkeep.......just to send me off to sleep with a smile.

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Morning all, I'll have a really big cup of coffee. Have a busy day today. Also just put an order for seeds in the mail. Gonna be really busy in the garden this year.:)

smokey the elder
03-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Oh, my, that DOTD looks potent! Maybe later. It's brekkie time here right now, so how about some waffles and an Ethiopian coffee I found at a gourmet place?

Catherinedana
03-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I don't want them to take my hour away!! I'm going to have so much trouble getting up in the morning!! I need my hour! I really don't adjust well to the time changes.

One very large, very strong coffee and a tissue to wipe away the tears. . .:(

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I don't want them to take my hour away!! I'm going to have so much trouble getting up in the morning!! I need my hour! I really don't adjust well to the time changes.

One very large, very strong coffee and a tissue to wipe away the tears. . .:(

There's no crying is DST!

One strong coffee!

DONE!

STE,

Ethiopian coffee? You didn't send 1,000 USDs to someone that emailed you, to get it?;)

I'll make the waffles! Matter of fact? I was looking thru the cupboard and found a brand new box of Auny Jemima pancake mix last night, stop looking in my windows at night, okay?:eek:

DONE!

LOH,

How's Richard doing this morning?:confused:

I bought some dill and plan on planting it in an area away from the carrots.:D

Coffee? DONE!

Wom.

Look at who's talking. Celebrating Christmas during the summer?

A shot o' rum!

DONE!

Karen,

Tea for you!! I'll give your extra lemon.....I have a bag that my brother gave me last week!

DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't want them to take my hour away!!
I need my hour! I really don't adjust well to the time changes.

They're not really "taking" it - just "borrowing" it for the summer.

Did everyone put in their NEW Smoke Detector Batteries? :cool:

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
They're not really "taking" it - just "borrowing" it for the summer.

Did everyone put in their NEW Smoke Detector Batteries? :cool:

It's re-hanging the darn thing that makes it a tough job!:eek::mad:

Pinot's Mom
03-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Ooh, ooh, it seems I'm late to the bar! One DOTD, please!

Side note:antibiotics have kicked in - feeling a bit better! :)

gini
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Now that drink should put a spring in your step! WOW!

It is still a tad early, so I will go with a large coffee and a splash
of Bailey's.

smokey the elder
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
...STE,

Ethiopian coffee? You didn't send 1,000 USDs to someone that emailed you, to get it?;)

I'll make the waffles! Matter of fact? I was looking thru the cupboard and found a brand new box of Auny Jemima pancake mix last night, stop looking in my windows at night, okay?:eek:

DONE!

No Ethiopian emails, just Bear Mountain Roasters!:D

Catty1
03-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Best wishes to slick...it'll work out the way it is supposed to.

Although I miss the money, being under-employed gives me so much time for self-care, and friends and living my own life...any future work will have to be PHUNN for me to tackle it. :D

I'll have the coffee that Gayle put on. Hope your day is ok and you sleep soon.

lvpets2002
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
:) Hey I wants to Celebrate.. Its my Bigg B-Day.. I am going over the hill now at 51 yrs young.. Look at the Cat Cake my Boss had made for me.. Check out the food & water bowls.. Its just the Cutest.. Lets see if Orc is back from the store.. No No Orc you cannot have the Cat Cake.. Goes gets us couple of thems good drinks withs the umbrella & fruit please..

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/bogart2009/2010HeleneKindersBday001.jpg

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Ooh, ooh, it seems I'm late to the bar! One DOTD, please!

Side note:antibiotics have kicked in - feeling a bit better! :)

One DOTD and better health...DONE!

Gini,

One large, hot with Bailey's!

DONE!

STE,
Just checking!:cool:

Refill! DONE!

Catty,

One cup!

DONE!

LP,

What a great boss.

What a great employee!

Happy Birthday!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Happy Birthday lvpets!!! What a cute cake!!! :love:

Bar-keep can I have a cherry limeade and some onion rings? Please?

Oh, the Food Wars on the Travel channel has come to my area. Tuesday the 16th they will have the Kansas Chicken wars. Two chicken restaurants in a near by town will be on.

I have been to both restaurants and love the chicken at both of them. BUT I love love love the ONION rings best. They have the best onion rings on the planet. Thin and light and crunchy. They fall apart when you eat them.
YUMMY INDEED!!! :D

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Happy Birthday lvpets!!! What a cute cake!!! :love:

Bar-keep can I have a cherry limeade and some onion rings? Please?

Thin and light and crunchy. They fall apart when you eat them.
YUMMY INDEED!!! :D

Ohh.....you take that first bite and get that soft, hot onion that pops out and burns your tongue. Then? The sweet ketchup cools everything down...

One cherry limeade, onion rings...

DONE!:D

smokey the elder
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
*Homer drools* Onion rings....:)

DJFyrewolf36
03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Its 2 pm and I need a coffee...such a lazy day off.

Pay day is NEXT WEEK and thanks to being ill I have enough money to do laundry and buy some TP...and thats it. At least I have food and fuel in my car and a roof over my head...and access to THURSDAYS! Im thankful! :love: :love: :love:

Lady's Human
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll take three DOTDs, that way I can be virtually smashed! :p

Barkeep, recovered from the bread experiment yet?

RICHARD
03-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I'll take three DOTDs, that way I can be virtually smashed! :p

Barkeep, recovered from the bread experiment yet?

Yes sir!

I gots me fiber for a week!

Three DOTD's? Man you must have had one heck of a week!

DONE!

DJ,
Sometimes it's the simplest things in life..
DONE!

STE...

Onion Rings!

DONE!

RedHedd
03-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Ooh! Onion Rings AND cake? I'm in! They're not really taking our hour; they're just borrowing it for the summer; we'll get it back in November.

RICHARD
03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Ooh! Onion Rings AND cake? I'm in! They're not really taking our hour; they're just borrowing it for the summer; we'll get it back in November.

Onions rings, cake and one hour, later on in the year?

DONE!:D

gini
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Hot onion rings with a really good crunchy batter? Oh, do those ever sound good!

Richard, I would love some of those and maybe a pepsi to wash them down!

What's for lunch?

slick
03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Hot onion rings with a really good crunchy batter? Oh, do those ever sound good! Richard, I would love some of those and maybe a pepsi to wash them down! What's for lunch? A Pepsi????!!!!! :eek: Woos!!!!! ;) Richard, I'll take a Pepsi too but with some spirit - perhaps some dark rum will do. Yes I know, it's way before lunch time but heck, this is virtual right? I'm alone in my department today - nice and relaxing.

RICHARD
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Hot onion rings with a really good crunchy batter? Oh, do those ever sound good!

Richard, I would love some of those and maybe a pepsi to wash them down!

What's for lunch?

A nice pastrami sub with spicy mustard and sour dill pickles!

Onion Rings and Pepsi!

Done!

Slick,

One Pepsi and dark rum!

DONE!

smokey the elder
03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I'll have a DOTD. My boss was starting to "wub me the wong way" this afternoon.:p

RICHARD
03-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I'll have a DOTD. My boss was starting to "wub me the wong way" this afternoon.:p

One DOTD and some Boss Repellant!

DONE!

It's Friday, so maybe you will have a two day break?

cassiesmom
03-12-2010, 04:50 PM
It's re-hanging the darn thing that makes it a tough job!:eek::mad:

It's the standing on the kitchen stool, looking up at the ceiling part of re-hanging the darned thing that causes the trouble for me. I'm always afraid of falling backward on my tuchis while i'm trying to replace the detector in the holder.

It's windy and rainy in Chicago today ... could I just have tea with lemon, please? No, wait, green tea, please, in honor of Saint Patrick's Day next week.

RICHARD
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
It's the standing on the kitchen stool, looking up at the ceiling part of re-hanging the darned thing that causes the trouble for me. I'm always afraid of falling backward on my tuchis while i'm trying to replace the detector in the holder.

It's windy and rainy in Chicago today ... could I just have tea with lemon, please? No, wait, green tea, please, in honor of Saint Patrick's Day next week.

One Green tea!

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Good Morning everyone! Pinot made sure I got up bright and early today (over an hour ago, such a fuss budget this morning!), so I'll start the coffee. It's VERY rainy and windy, so we'll have something warm - how about fresh cinnamon buns?

pomtzu
03-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Count me in Maggie - cinnamon bun and coffee for this windy, rainy morning.

My troops were restless this a.m. too. They decided they needed to go out around 4 a.m., so I've been awake since then. Now that they've seen the nasty weather, I'll play h3ll getting them to go out again..........(sigh)

davidpizzica
03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
RICHARD, it's a wet, rainy, yech day in Cabot today.I can feel the dampness in my knee replacement and it aches a little. I don't have to worry about replacing the batteries in smoke detectors anymore, Concordia maintainence takes care of that, all I have to do is change my five clocks ahead! A BIG cup of coffee with Bailey's will taste great right about now!

RICHARD
03-13-2010, 09:23 PM
RICHARD, it's a wet, rainy, yech day in Cabot today.I can feel the dampness in my knee replacement and it aches a little. I don't have to worry about replacing the batteries in smoke detectors anymore, Concordia maintainence takes care of that, all I have to do is change my five clocks ahead! A BIG cup of coffee with Bailey's will taste great right about now!

Coffee and Bailey's and warmer weather.
DONE!

POM,

Cinnamon bun and coffee.

DONE!

Pinot,

Cunnamon bun and coffee!!!

Wow, I hadn't thought of CBs in a while!

DONE!

slick
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Hi all: Another busy day here on the Wet Coast and another boring Saturday night for me. :rolleyes: While I'm waiting for my dinner to cook, how about a shot of brandy. That's will warm my soul.

It's windy and rainy here too - not good weather for the 2010 Paralympics. I've already changed my clocks an hour ahead - what time its it??? ;) Here's to Spring and warmer weather ahead.:)

RICHARD
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Hi all: Another busy day here on the Wet Coast and another boring Saturday night for me. :rolleyes: While I'm waiting for my dinner to cook, how about a shot of brandy. That's will warm my soul.

It's windy and rainy here too - not good weather for the 2010 Paralympics. I've already changed my clocks an hour ahead - what time its it??? ;) Here's to Spring and warmer weather ahead.:)

A warm soul and brandy!

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
03-14-2010, 09:51 AM
I want my hour back! Coffee will help...maybe a donut and some yogurt. :)

RICHARD
03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I want my hour back! Coffee will help...maybe a donut and some yogurt. :)

We all have to wait until later in the year to get it back!:rolleyes:

Donut and yogurt!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-14-2010, 10:46 AM
OOOHHHH! A cinnamon bun and hot chocolate for me please? :love:

RICHARD
03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
OOOHHHH! A cinnamon bun and hot chocolate for me please? :love:

One CB and a hot choco!:D

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey Barkeep, wanna come East in June??? I heard tell there's a party goin' on at Pinot's place!:D

In the meantime....how about a Vodka & DGinger...we're getting ready to go out for Asian.

RICHARD
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey Barkeep, wanna come East in June??? I heard tell there's a party goin' on at Pinot's place!:D

In the meantime....how about a Vodka & DGinger...we're getting ready to go out for Asian.

LOL, YOu don't want me anywhere near your home!:D;)

One Vodka and GA?

DONE!

RICHARD
03-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Hey, I am up and about...

The 'alarm' went off about 30 seconds AFTER I opened my eyes.

4.4 magnitude!:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Coffee or breakfast anyone?

smokey the elder
03-16-2010, 07:03 AM
THAT was a rude awakening!:eek:

We don't have many earthquakes out east. But in 1983, one day about 6 AM I felt this rumbling; I thought it was a truck. Turns out it was an earthquake, about 4.5. What a weird sensation!

RICHARD
03-16-2010, 07:32 AM
THAT was a rude awakening!:eek:

We don't have many earthquakes out east. But in 1983, one day about 6 AM I felt this rumbling; I thought it was a truck. Turns out it was an earthquake, about 4.5. What a weird sensation!

They always seem to happen early in the morning....:eek::(:mad:

Coffee?

DONE!

gini
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Actually my kitty Emma woke me up with her leap off of the bed - and then the shaking started...........I glanced at the clock 4:04 am - a 4.4 earthquake.

What do you have Richard in a drink that is good for the nerves?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey, I am up and about...

The 'alarm' went off about 30 seconds AFTER I opened my eyes.

4.4 magnitude!:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Coffee or breakfast anyone?

If you all wanted scrambled eggs for breakfast, surely there is an easier way to fix them? ;)

Glad you are all ok. :)

RICHARD
03-16-2010, 01:13 PM
If you all wanted scrambled eggs for breakfast, surely there is an easier way to fix them? ;)

Glad you are all ok. :)

LOL,

Done?

Gini,

I always look toward whiskey.:eek:

I thought about you and what your take was on it.

I was asleep on the floor and woke up just in time.

I looked at the EQ map and there hasn't been any strange activity lately.:eek:

One shot.

DONE!