PDA

View Full Version : Come on Baby, Light that fire!

RICHARD
03-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I had one of the best meals in my life yesterday. And it happened with absolutely no planning and by accident.:)

I was going over stuff out of the garage and came across a propane camping light.

The kit is about 35 years old and I remember using it as a kid. Dad made a wooden case for it and it was falling apart....Inside the kit were 2 propane tanks that were about 10 years old (LOL, I think more like 15?).

They were filled and I didn't see any kind of problem with the structure, so I decided to try it out on my propane grill and see if they were worth keeping or I'd have to find a way to dipose of them.:eek:

I went over to the grill and screwed it in, opened the valve and hit the starter!

Whoosh! Propane grill fire!!!!

O.k., extra propane? Right?

I unscrewed the tank and PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST....the tank valve is stuck open....The hissing tank tells me....."light the escaping propane and you will have FIRE!!!!"

"Ah....No......I already have tempted fate by screwing it into the grill.......let me think...."

I screwed the tank back in to the grill, lit the flame again and ran inside.

The grill leaks propane, so, If the valve on the grill worked? I would not have to have cooked on the fly!:confused::rolleyes::eek:

-----------------

Everyone that knows me thinks this is the apart of the story where the grill and tank explode and I pi$$ off the neightbors?

Nope....

-----------------

I ran into the house and opened up the freezer.....

A half slab of ribs, one tilapia fish and 9 medium potatoes later?

I ate well.

I had ribs and stuffed potatoes for dinner, I had scrambled eggs and BBQed potatoes for breakfast. The fish was frozen for later use and I still have taters to stuff - I just need some bacon, cheese and butter.....

-------------

It was one of the best times I have had cooking.

The rest of the taters?

Chorizo, taters and eggs for breakfast and more stuffed potatoes.....tomorrow!

I love propane.:eek:

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Ohhh, I'm hungry!!!

katladyd
03-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Necessity is the Mother of invention. Good thing, too.:D

moosmom
03-10-2010, 07:54 AM
OMG RICHARD, you are brave!! If I heard that Ppssssssssst noise, I wouldn't have gone near that thing with anything resembling a spark.

Outback here we come!!!!!

lvpets2002
03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
:eek: What you ate all of that & Did Not Even Invite A Texan to Share.. How could you??:p Boy Howdy it did sound good..

wombat2u2004
03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Next time you do that Richard, give us a little advance warning.
We'll all not be bothered when hearing the explosion :D:D