PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing something wrong here??

Indigo Bully Connection
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
If I am just tell me you guys! It seems like almost everytime I post around here, someone is cruising for a fight with me. I know I took some time off to focus on the dogs recently, but I haven't forgotten about my Pettalk people! I'm a pretty easy going kinda person, and it just seems like I keep running into a brick wall around here. I don't enjoy bickering, but rather just talking dogs and kitties.

Catherinedana
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Some folks are just ornery or very passionate about their beliefs. Don't take it personally and don't let it drive you away. I've met some really cool folks here that are a lot of fun to correspond with.

Cathy

pomtzu
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
If I am just tell me you guys! It seems like almost everytime I post around here, someone is cruising for a fight with me. I know I took some time off to focus on the dogs recently, but I haven't forgotten about my Pettalk people! I'm a pretty easy going kinda person, and it just seems like I keep running into a brick wall around here. I don't enjoy bickering, but rather just talking dogs and kitties.

Doing something wrong??? :confused: I don't think so - unless I missed something! :p I've found you to be pretty level-headed in most cases. :D

Indigo Bully Connection
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks so much Cathy... I completely understand what you're talking about... I'm extremely passionate about animals as a whole... it's just tough when people are ready to start a fight over nothing that was offensive in the first place. I understood when I first came onto the board because there were a few trouble makers to sign up here before me, but i thought I had proven myself to ya'll that I'm here for friends, learning, and helping others and not to stir up any trouble. I have not and will not ever do it...

Indigo Bully Connection
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Pom :)

pomtzu
03-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks Pom :)

You're welcome.

Yes - there were some before you that seemed to be looking for a fight - and they were "bully" people. That doesn't mean that all bully folks came from the same mold. You certainly didn't, and I also came to an understanding with one of the others. Unfortunately, there are a few whose only purpose was to "stir the pot"! Glad you aren't one of them. :D

IRescue452
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I'm currently one of those going back and fourth on your BSL thread. I just can't stand people who think in absolutes, especially with dog breeds. The thread is pretty tame compared to the ones I choose to stay out of. You're not doing anything wrong, your breed just attracts the ignorant.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree with the above posts- you obviously are not here to stir the pot or look for an unessecary debate or argument. I enjoy reading your posts, and you are a great memeber here!

MonicanHonda
03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Don't worry, I think you're an awesome doggy owner that loves your dogs a lot! I haven't had a problem with you. :)

Pinot's Mom
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
You're absolutely not picking a fight. I've said it before and I've said it in PM's to others, as well as to you - you are one of the "good ones".

I support you!:)

kokopup
03-09-2010, 09:08 PM
I think I indicated in the other thread that we do not have any issues. I support
you and your work to preserve your rights in Florida to chose the pets you own.
This is not any easy undertaking and I wish you luck.

iluvterriers
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I haven't been here long but I for one have found you rather helpful. Awesome dogs by the way. (I love APBTS)

Indigo Bully Connection
03-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks ya'll.... maybe I was feeling a bit emotional the other day haha. I'm sorry for this silly thread and the misunderstanding.

mr.chiwawa
03-10-2010, 11:06 PM
From what I read when I pass throu. Which isn't a ton anymore..sorry guys depression and no job makes things very tough:(. Anyway I have never read moe into what your are saying. I belive you are just passionate about your love for dogs and some take your passion the wrong way. But as for me---it's all good with me.:love::love:

Vette
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Not from what ive seen so far. *hugs*

just try to keep in mind that opinions are like buttholes. everyone has one. LOL

king2005
03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Bah, don't worry about what others say. Some people just have different opinions & will fight them to the death (even when they are wrong, or are too ignorant to care or do some research)... I've been in your shoes soooooooo many times. I've been called some very harsh & cruel things, just because my opinion differed from someone elses, or because I have predatory animals & feed them as such. I don't hang out in PT like I use too... I pop in here & there, post here & there, but I don't make many of my own posts anymore as I'm not interested in getting anymore hate mail... Meh... Just ignore them, or try to :)

Asiel
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Nothing that I've noticed. I don't always respond to posts about BSL because I'm neutral on the whole thing but you seem direct and open on your posts, I never noticed you looking for a fight, you're okay in my book. :D

Lori Jordan
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I personally think you are a very educated pet owner,Your going to get that one person that enjoys jumping down other peoples throat.I too have been on the end of it,And i have also given it on here.Im not proud,But i get very mad when i see dogs being mistreated!I tend to rant.

We all have to remember one thing,We all as pet owners have our own ways on how we take care of our pets,And some might not like it.It always goes both ways.Im sure there is people on here that might not agree on how i tend to my crew,The way i look at it,My gang are my life they need vet care,they get it.There fed and loved and have everything that they need.I can go to bed at night and feel good about how i raise my children and my furr babies,and that is all the reasurance i need as a PET OWNER.

Keep Posting i do enjoy reading your posts,I may not always reply,But i do read what everyone has to share and love seeing photos of everyones pets!

K9karen
03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I've been here for a long time and just accept other members' opinions. Everyone is entitled. Just take everything with a grain of salt. Life is too short. It is what it is. :love: