PDA

View Full Version : Poor Toby!

Dakota's Mommy
10-16-2002, 10:34 AM
Brian and I are suffering from missing one of our loved animals! Brian's mom had Toby, the extra large golden lab, put to sleep yesterday! Although we'll all miss him bunches and bunches, he was to the age and suffering from so many aches and pains, that I feel that it was in his best interest so that he doesn't hurt any more! Toby was a 10 year or older, I'm not exactly sure on his exact age, golden lab that Brian's family got as a puppy! He has been with the family ever since, and since I've been around for 5 plus years, I've also grown very attached to this dog! Brian kept telling me all weekend that no matter how old Toby was, he was still his puppy! I was so glad that we did get to go on the trip over there this past weekend so that we could both see him one last time and Dakota could meet him! He wanted to play with her so badly, but he really couldn't due to his being too old and in such bad shape! He had many large lumps growing inside and was having troubles getting up and down sometimes with his hips! Although I still can't believe it was done yesterday, I'm sure he's in a much better place today!

Toby, we'll always be thinking of you!

Logan
10-16-2002, 11:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Toby. We know he is pain free now, though. I'm so glad you got to spend some time with him, Brian too.

Logan :(

ramanth
10-16-2002, 12:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( :(

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2002, 12:29 PM
It's so hard to let them go even when it's the best thing for them. I'm sure Toby knew you loved him. He's busy making friends and playing pain free at the Rainbow Bridge now and will be well until you all meet again someday. Prayers are with you all.

Cookiebaker
10-16-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss, but I'm glad to know that you can take comfort from the fact that he is better off. Cherish your memories & pictures, and I hope you feel better soon!

Tina
10-16-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss:( I know it is really hard:(

anna_66
10-16-2002, 01:04 PM
:( So sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you both got to go & spend some time with Toby. No matter their age, they will always be our little puppies.

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2002, 03:45 PM
I can't believe Toby is gone :( I only met him a few times but he was such a big lovable bear :) Did you know this was coming when you saw him him this weekend?

Rest in Peace Sweet Toby. You won't have anymore pain now.

tatsxxx11
10-16-2002, 04:50 PM
I just yesterday posted how sweet it was that Dakota got a chance to play with Toby. I'm so sorry that your family has lost such a wonderful, devoted companion.:( I have always had yellow Labs myself. They are such loyal and devoted friends; a real part of the family. I'm glad you all got to see your dear friend one last time and I'm sure he was very happy to see you too. Bless you dear Toby. Thank you for your many years of love and companionship. You will be greatly missed. Enjoy your sunfilled, healthy, carefree days at the Rainbow Bridge until that happy day when you and your family are together again. Please pass along my sincere condolences to your family. Love, Sandra

delidog
10-16-2002, 10:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Dear Toby.....this is so difficult a time for you and his pet humans!!!
but please encourage them that they did the right thing....there are many caring sites out there you can visit to help with the grief...petloss.com,rainbowbridge.com...petlosssup port,etc.
just please remember that Toby has many,many friends at The Bridge with him who will care for him till you can be with him again...He will wait for you!!!!
my heart goes out to you....
My Dear Scrubber is up at The Bridge waiting to care and play with Toby as we speak....

Dear Toby....have a safe journey to The Rainbow Bridge...
You are at Peace now
and Loved as Always

shais_mom
10-16-2002, 11:30 PM
I too am sorry for your loss.
You and Brian and Dakota are in my thoughts and prayers.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-17-2002, 06:32 AM
So sorry for your loss. But Toby is now pain free. He will live on in your memories.

Sudilar
10-17-2002, 08:17 AM
Toby is romping at Rainbow Bridge with all our passed furbabies having great fun. I am so sorry for your loss.

Dakota's Mommy
10-18-2002, 10:34 AM
QUOTE]Did you know this was coming when you saw him him this weekend? [/QUOTE]

Amy, Brian's mom said something to him about it a few weeks ago and Brian told her to wait until after last weekend so that he would get to see him one last time. I just got lucky by getting to go along!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers everybody![