PDA

View Full Version : My lovely neighbours

Louie and me
03-09-2010, 08:29 AM
As some of you know my dog Louie is 14 1/2 and very limited in his mobility due to severe arthritis. Even so, he enjoys short walks and is always looking for other dogs to meet and greet. A few of my neighbours have young, large, bouncy dogs and while Louie is not a small dog, they could knock him off his feet with nothing more than a nudge.
Every time we meet up with these people, they get their dogs under control and either wait for us to reach them or cross over to meet us and sit their dogs so that Louie can have a sniff and say hello and the dogs are always gentle and patient. It's the highight of his day and I am so grateful for them and their lovely dogs. So thank you Pogo (standard poodle), Hank (yellow Lab), Buddy (Old English Sheep Dog) and Parker (Shiloh Sheppard) for making Louie a happy dog.

pomtzu
03-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Good story - good neighbors - good dogs. You are lucky indeed! :D

lizbud
03-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Good story - good neighbors - good dogs. You are lucky indeed! :D

Sounds like my kind of people.:D I am glad Louie enjoys his walk.

Killearn Kitties
03-09-2010, 09:17 AM
How lovely! :D Long may Louie continue to enjoy his walks.

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2010, 09:29 AM
That is wonderful! I thought the title was being sarcastic, but I'm so happy to see it wasn't.
Yay for Louie and his friends and your wonderful neighbors. :D :D

Pawsitive Thinking
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
How fantastic!

Louie and me
03-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Taz Zoee - Usually my posts about Louie are rather sad so I thought it would be good to post a happy story for a change.

Asiel
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a fantastic neighbourhood. This is the way people on our street act towards each other, it's so nice to see there are still good friendly people around like the good old days .

Taz_Zoee
03-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Taz Zoee - Usually my posts about Louie are rather sad so I thought it would be good to post a happy story for a change.

And I :love: it! :D

HoochsMommiee
03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
aawww that is the kinda neighbors we all wished we had but some of are not that lucky :)

K9karen
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
That's Beautiful! Makes me wnt to cry. The goodness of people that's rarely been told. All you hear is bad stuff. I'm a wuzz. Really. I'm so emotional, I'd be baking the owners cookies or something, and buying the good puppers treats. You are sincerely lucky. I'm glad it makes Louie love his walks. He deserves to be happy in his senior years. Hugs and kisses on your sweet boy!

Twisterdog
03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Awww, that's nice. :)

cassiesmom
03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
(raising my mug of tea) Here's to many more walks for Louie, including a happy hello and sniff from his dog friends - and to having such kind, caring neighbors! :love: I needed some good news today!

p.s., I have the other kind of "lovely" (meant sarcastically) neighbors who seem to be shouting at each other all the time, lot of anger in that family. I am so glad you have "lovely" meant without the sarcasm!!