PDA

View Full Version : Worms?!

slleipnir
10-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know what worms look like that dogs get? Or where they are?? Zeke threw up the other day, and I had to clean it up, I noticed this curled up..thing..I thought it was the end of something he ate, but I took it out, and it was a worm..I think..It was long and skinny, but curled into a spiral, with one else sticking out..I'm not sure if it was doggie worms, or just something he ate. It wasn't at all digested, and for all I know, it was alive..so I was thinking he probably didn't eat it..

slleipnir
10-16-2002, 10:11 AM
P.S. I am taking him to the vet anyway, and getting him worm meds wheather or not it's anything...

ramanth
10-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a worm. :eek:

Your vet will know for sure. :)

Get better soon Zeke!

Presley
10-16-2002, 11:21 AM
It almost sounds like a round worm.. Is he still a puppy?
You can go to the vets and get him some pills. I just did Presley because she is always getting into the horse poops. The horses don't have worms but i don't want to take any chances. If you know his weight and ask the lady at the front counter for some worm pills you should be fine :)

BTW if one has them it is more then likly they both will.. We worm all our animals at the same time horses,cat, and Presley and our cats never go outside....

Cookiebaker
10-16-2002, 12:45 PM
Ewww I hate worms! Just a couple of weeks ago, I got one on me from the cat. I absolutely freaked out. :eek: Yes, it sounds like a worm, and treatment *thankfully* is cheap & easy to give. Ask your vet about the other pup, too, because my understanding is it's pretty easily transmitted one to the other.

slleipnir
10-16-2002, 07:56 PM
I gave Josie and Rufus worm meds all the time, but I stopped when it ran out a while ago. He's still a pup, and he's fed 2 times a day or like..3-5 cups of puppy food, and doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight..

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-17-2002, 06:41 AM
It sounds like a round worm. Very common with puppies. Don't freak out about it, Just take Zeke to the vet and he will give him some meds. Drake had a round worm when he was 5 months old or so.