PDA

View Full Version : Working out... at least, trying to.

CountryWolf07
03-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Yikes, starting to work out again is TOUGH! I just have recently started doing curls to allow arm toning and I have been doing that for about a month now and I can tell the difference. I have cut back on my food, I have paid attention to what I eat most days. I have been trying to get myself to get on the treadmill every day but it's tough and the treadmill does not motivate me very well. However, the bike/elliptical is very motivating and it really "burns" calories. Anyone having a hard time when it comes to working out? I need at least 10lbs to lose and mostly to re-tone my abs, legs, and upper body/arms.

Catty1
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I actually had a DOC tell me to get my BMI down. I have been out with the local walking group for about the past 2 weeks - they walk 3 times a week for about an hour.

I also have to watch my food. It is basically good, but sometimes I think a whole bag of kettle chips that are lower fat and cooked in non-trans-fat oil is ok. NOPE!

I like the social aspect of the group - you are all talking and the time just flies!

I don't think I have lost much weight, but I know I am toning up.

I find it easy to keep up when I do not overdo it to begin with.

Marigold2
03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I am in the same boat. It's tough but so worth it. Keep up the good work.

Cataholic
03-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I have found that if I don't get up at 5 am and get on the elliptical before I go to work, I just don't get it done. I also find IF I exercise in the am, I am way more likely to stay on target. I am down 15 pounds, with 10-15 to go.