PDA

View Full Version : Introducing KitKat Lepper and Freckles Fairbanks...

moosmom
03-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I was able to get some pictures of the girls. They're doing well but I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll be able to let them stay in my bedroom uncrated with windows (with protected screens). First I need to let my cats go in and out of my room so they can get used to each other's scents.

Mamacita (aka KitKat) aged 17

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/002-2.jpg?t=1268055778

Freckles Frairbanks, aged 16, daughter of KitKat

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/deploss/001.jpg?t=1268056136

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Stunning ladies - hope they settle in well

smokey the elder
03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
What beautiful kitties!

catmandu
03-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Mamacita :love:looks great for 17 years young, and Fearless Fairbanks is quite a good looking Cat too.:)
Have your resident Cats had any contact with the Newbies as yet?:confused:
We are praying that all goes well , and that everyone become friendly with a mnimum of hissing and spitting:love::love:

Taz_Zoee
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Aww, they are beautiful!! I hope they settle in well with the rest of the group.

moosmom
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
The day after I arrived home and they were all snuggled in their crate, I cracked my bedroom door open a little so my cats could go in and out to let them know they were there. That night, Bad A$$ Buddy peed on my futon. He was not happy being closed out of my bedroom.

After that, the only one I allow in there is Murphy. At 15, all she wants to do is either sleep on my bed, under it, or on the night stand covered in an afghan. The girls don't really mind her at all.

I'm going to give it about a week and then open the crate and let them roam around my room (it's not very big), with the windows open (safety screens in place) so they can at least have some fresh air. I'll leave the crate up with the litterbox in it so they at least have a safe haven.

Once I've done that for a while, I'm going to get my baby gate back from my friend and get another and stack them on top of each other so they can see and smell each other without any blood shed. After that, well, I'll deal with that when it happens.

lvpets2002
03-08-2010, 10:21 AM
:) WoW Donna these two babies are so Adorable.. Now did I miss a Thread?? Whom did you rescue these two from??

moosmom
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Lvpets2002,

I had a very dear friend, sort of an adoptive mom, who lived in East Dorset, VT. She was 96 years old and looked as though she was 70. Anyway, she was feeding her two cats, fell and hit her head. She always asked me what would happen to her two cats, who also happened to be my cat RB Mollie Rose's sister and mother, if something should happen to her.

I got a call from her daughter Bonnie with the bad news that Clare had passed away. Because my car is on it's last wheels, Bonnie agreed to rent me one so I'd be able to stay a few days with the cats to get acquainted and then bring them back to my house. I didn't realize how much I missed the Wilson House. The serenity, peacefulness, wonderful friends, great food. All that seemed a little moot without Clare's smile and warm personality.

But I'm happy to say that me staying in Clare's room with the cats while I was up there did alot of good. I have a feeling that pretty soon I'll be able to let them roam my bedroom before I throw them under the bus (the bus being MY 5 cats).

astrid
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
They're two gorgeous ladies, thanks for sharing!

Catty1
03-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow - you can sure tell they are related to your Mollie Rose! :)

They still look a little spooked - but they are beautiful.

Prayers for a happy integration. :):love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
They sure do look great for their age and hopefully they'll become more comfortable very soon.:)

lvpets2002
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
:love: WoW thats so Great of You Donna to do this for your Dear Friend.. I am so sorry of Clare's passing on.. RIP Clare & know your babies are in good loving hands.. Thanks for sharing..

katladyd
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I can see where Mollie Rose got her good looks!:love::)

Karen
03-08-2010, 01:54 PM
What sweet-looking ladies!

moosmom
03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I can't get over how much of a kitten that Freckles looks like at the age of 16!!! Say a prayer that the transition goes well. Theythey've been through so much I just want to give them time to get used to their surroundings before my cats converge on them.

phesina
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh, aren't they beautiful! Your introduction procedure sounds like just the right thing to do.

Well done, Donna, and GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Medusa
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
They both look like kittens to me and they resemble my Yodie Yodie. What cutie pies!

orangemm
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Aww, pretty ladies! This just warms my :love:. They're in the best place they could be! Lucky lucky kitties...................:love::love:

Freedom
03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Hello, pretty ladies! You get to stay together, isn't that lovely? All due to Donna, your new PT mom.

Donna, I like your introduction plan, keep with it! Had to laugh, 2 gates wouldn't stop a few of MINE from jumping over, crawling under, or otherwise getting through. But that is several steps away yet.

cassiesmom
03-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Kit Kat could be my Cassie's twin! She is beautiful! And Freckles ... well, I can just tell she is related to Mollie Rose. Best wishes to ALL of you!

moosmom
03-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Someone managed to open my bedroom door last night. I didn't notice it till I got up to go to the bathroom. I heard a little growling (don't know from who) but not muc else.

I wonder if the cats can sense that somehow they've been here before (via Mollie Rose)?

Oh well, I'm drinking my tea and going back to bed.:D

momcat
03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh wow, they are gorgeous!!! Your plan for everyone to get to know each other sounds great. I'm sure everyone will get along, just be careful that they don't all gang up on you!

davidpizzica
03-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Donna, those two sweet girls certainly show Mollie Rose's bloodline and resemblance. I also got some LES when I saw much those two looked like Marigold!

Laura's Babies
03-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Their fur looks like it feels like silk! Does it feel like it looks? They are lovely and I hope everything goes well with the intro's and everybody blends and becomes friends.

cassiesmom
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Donna, how are the introductions going for these two beautiful ladies?

cassiesmom
03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Moosmom, how are KitKat and Freckles doing and how is Miss Lucie Lu? :)