PDA

View Full Version : I'm a REALLY bad Meowmie!

Pinot's Mom
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
:( As some of you know, my husband and I were recently away for 10 days, which never sits well with Miss Pinot Noir. We have a cat sitter (same one every time we're away) who comes in twice a day to play with Pinot, tend to her needs and feed her. One of Pinot's great sources of entertainment is the "mini-mice". In anticipation of our vacation; I bought 24 new ones as she can literally tear one apart in a day. I gave instruction to give as many to her as she wanted.

I was very surprised to find, when we returned, very few mice out of the package, and all of those distributed still on the floor. WELL...

Meowmie bought the WRONG BRAND!!! We have tried since we returned to interest her in these mice...no dice...she wants the other ones! I just don't know how our kitties survive these indignities!:eek:

Catty1
03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Tsk, tsk, tsk....:D WHAT a cat!

Miss Pinot, aren't we a diva! LOL

Taz_Zoee
03-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Gasp! How dare you!!! What were you thinking? ;) :p
Isn't it funny how picky they can be? :)

katladyd
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
OMG! How could you?! I do hope with therapy, Pinot will recover from this sad incident.:D

happylabs
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
That is really funny. They just are so finicky, aren't they? Which mice does she like?

krazyaboutkatz
03-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I can relate because my Pearl is also very picky with her mice. She must have the kind that make the little rattle noise and she also loves the ones with the feather tails that they've now stopped carrying at Petsmart. They also must have fur. I wouldn't consider you a bad meowmie at all and I'm sure that you'll make it up to Pinot in time.:)

Cinder & Smoke
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
One of Pinot's great sources of entertainment is the "mini-mice".

... very few mice out of the package,
and all of those distributed still on the floor. WELL...

Meowmie bought the WRONG BRAND!!! ... :eek:

Gasp! How dare you!!!
What were you thinking? ;) :p

:eek:
You should be on the lookout for a Freshly Shredded piece of Furniture!

Boots, da KAT, always managed to "let me know" if he felt the arrangements
were not to his liking. A Shredded chair seat usually caught my attention.

:rolleyes:

Barbara
03-08-2010, 03:32 AM
:eek:
You should be on the lookout for a Freshly Shredded piece of Furniture!

Boots, da KAT, always managed to "let me know" if he felt the arrangements
were not to his liking. A Shredded chair seat usually caught my attention.

:rolleyes:

This sounds just like my home - that will teach you ;)

Killearn Kitties
03-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Oh, how could you??! :eek: And I thought that you were such a nice person too. Poor, poor Pinot. I think Katladyd is right, Miss P will probably require therapy ... and some yummy food ... and proper mice - obviously.

Randi
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Oh Pinot, what a disappointment - first the wrong mice, and then your meowmie leaving for 10 days!! Appalling! :eek:

You know, I can relate, because Fister is very choosy with his mice, he has quite a few fancy ones, but oh no! They have to be very small and smell nice, I guess. :rolleyes: We still haven't found his little green one he played with only once. :confused:

orangemm
03-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Aww, poor Pinot! The wrong mousies!:(:rolleyes: However can one survive without the proper playtoys???

Guess Meowmie will have to make it up to you with lots of attention, 'nip, and NEW MOUSIES!!!:D:D

Pinot's Mom
03-08-2010, 08:14 AM
That is really funny. They just are so finicky, aren't they? Which mice does she like?

The ones she likes are SOLID bodies, not hollow with beads inside to rattle, no feathers (which I wish I had known!).

I can relate because my Pearl is also very picky with her mice. She must have the kind that make the little rattle noise and she also loves the ones with the feather tails that they've now stopped carrying at Petsmart. They also must have fur. I wouldn't consider you a bad meowmie at all and I'm sure that you'll make it up to Pinot in time.:)

I'll send them to you; seriously!! She WILL NOT have anything to do with them and I have 18 that have never even left the package!
...and you all know she'll get new ones of the right type. Catty1 didn't call her a diva for no reason and we support her diva-ness! ;)

Freedom
03-08-2010, 08:22 AM
The ones she likes are SOLID bodies, not hollow with beads inside to rattle, no feathers (which I wish I had known!).

And those that rattle and have feathers are the only ones my Cuddles wants! Ha haa, shame on you for not paying attention to the IMPORTANT things in life!

happylabs
03-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Do they look like my attachment? Those are the ones Mack likes to put in the water dish. :D

astrid
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
OMG!!! HOW COULD YOU??!! HOW-IN-THE-WORLD-COULD-YOU??!! :mad:

Poor little Pinot!!! :(
Doesn't she deserve an honor for surviving those 10 awful days without her mini-mice and her meowmie?! :rolleyes:;)

Kisses for the poor little victim:D:love:

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM

I'll send them to you; seriously!! She WILL NOT have anything to do with them and I have 18 that have never even left the package!
...and you all know she'll get new ones of the right type. Catty1 didn't call her a diva for no reason and we support her diva-ness! ;)

Thanks. Pearl would love some new mice.:) One of her favorites is a pink one that is so ratty looking that I'm almost ready to throw it out. Another problem that I have with Pearl is that she loses them or hides them in strange places. I still can't find the pink sparkly one that you sent me for Ziggy with your Christmas card. Both girls loved it but it has vanished.

pomtzu
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Dearest Friend Pinot...........

We were just horrified to read about what happened to you. It wasn't bad enough that you were abandoned for 10 days, but to add insult to injury by getting you the wrong mousies to comfort you - well that is just totally inexcusable! :mad:

We certainly hope that you are now entitled to rule the roost and get whatever your little heart desires for as long as you see fit. Make the punishment fit the crime, girl!!! :p

Your doggie buddies,
Myndi & Sparky
:love::love:

happylabs
03-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Another problem that I have with Pearl is that she loses them or hides them in strange places. I still can't find the pink sparkly one that you sent me for Ziggy with your Christmas card. Both girls loved it but it has vanished.

This reminds me of a funny story...not trying to hijack the thread.

My brother moved last summer. Before I went over to help him he called and said...you wouldn't believe the amount of mice I found under the stove. I said MICE! :eek: Oh...he said...they were Max's toy mice. :D

Pinot's Mom
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Do they look like my attachment? Those are the ones Mack likes to put in the water dish. :D

Those are exactly the mice she likes. :)

This reminds me of a funny story...not trying to hijack the thread.

My brother moved last summer. Before I went over to help him he called and said...you wouldn't believe the amount of mice I found under the stove. I said MICE! :eek: Oh...he said...they were Max's toy mice. :D

I'm glad we have a wall unit for a stove! We do occasionally have to move the 'fridge, though, to get them out (among other places).

Catty1
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-missing-a-mouse.jpg

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Oh those are my cats' favorite mice too!!!!! We have those in 6 different colors!!

katladyd
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Yep, those are the faves at my house, though balls with bells in them are the preferred choice lately.:D

Catlady711
03-08-2010, 08:58 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-pictures-cat-is-missing-a-mouse.jpg

Yup, looks about like what I rake out from under there too. lol My youngest 3 (Josh, Sassy, Sabrina) have an obsession with plastic silverwear. It isn't even safe drying in the dish drainer. lol

As for the OP's mice. Jack is very picky about his mice, not only does he want a certain type, but it HAS to be brand spanking new if you don't mind. lol If it's been out of the package for more than a week he won't even look at it. I have to keep the new packages sealed in zip lock bags once they've been opened or they apparently loose that 'new mouse' smell and are no longer appealing. ROFL

GILL
03-09-2010, 01:09 PM
That's exactly why my wife thought I was crazy when I got door seals (brush type) and mounted them under the refrigerator. now there's no place to hide the toys under there.

Pinot's Mom
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
That's exactly why my wife thought I was crazy when I got door seals (brush type) and mounted them under the refrigerator. now there's no place to hide the toys under there.

Actually, oddly enough, a rubber door seal is what I use to sweep under the 'fridge to get mice and toys! :)