PDA

View Full Version : Snuggling with a kitty

davidpizzica
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM
As you know, since I've been in assisted living, I haven't petted, snuggled or just cuddled a kitty for over six months, because of a rule they have up here that residents aren't allowed to have pets in their rooms. I can see where they're coming from with enforcing it, but I'm really less than thrilled. However one of the activity ladies ( a VERY sweet lady named Jainie ) here have offered to take me to her house to smoose and or cuddle, pet, and otherwise hold her and her husband's four kitties!!! Do you think I would like doing that? YOU BET!!!! Ever since I had to rehome Marigold, I've been a little depressed in the fact I couldn't be around cats anymore and I think this will be a super way to get back into action ( so to speak!)

Marigold2
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I think it's wonderful. Perhaps there is a shelter near by where you can donate some cuddle time.

blue
03-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Kitteh time is good therapy for what ails yah.

wombat2u2004
03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I think that's a great idea DP.
Go for it mate.

happylabs
03-06-2010, 12:17 AM
That is awesome. Do it! Kitty therapy is the best.

My sister works in an assisted living where they have 2 pet cats that reside there. Shame the place you are at doesn't allow that.

davidpizzica
03-06-2010, 08:23 AM
That is awesome. Do it! Kitty therapy is the best.

My sister works in an assisted living where they have 2 pet cats that reside there. Shame the place you are at doesn't allow that.

Actually Happylabs, we have a very cute westie by the name of Molly ( who is very spoiled BTW!) that comes by the activies room a lot of times, but I can't really cuddle her.

Pembroke_Corgi
03-06-2010, 08:48 AM
I hope you get the chance to snuggle with some cats! There is nothing quite like a purring kitty in your lap. :)

happylabs
03-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Actually Happylabs, we have a very cute westie by the name of Molly ( who is very spoiled BTW!) that comes by the activies room a lot of times, but I can't really cuddle her.

Oh that is cool! At least you have some sort of a fur critter there. Does the Westie not like to cuddle?

Barbara
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I think it would be a much better idea to allow pets in assisted living. My mom spent her last years in assisted living together with her doxie Amber and I always felt it was Amber who kept her alive.

phesina
03-06-2010, 03:31 PM
How sweet of the activity lady to do this! Will you be able to go over to visit her kitties often?

What a good idea to offer your services as Cuddler to the local cat shelter, too. Do you think you might be able, and would like to, do this?

Karen
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Westies in general are more interested in being in charge than being cuddled, and I am sure, with a whole facility to boss around, the in-house Westie has little time for snuggling during the day!

davidpizzica
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Westies in general are more interested in being in charge than being cuddled, and I am sure, with a whole facility to boss around, the in-house Westie has little time for snuggling during the day!

You're right, Karen. Molly has her own rules and territory and it doesn't usually include cuddling!

Pawsitive Thinking
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Know how you feel David. Really miss being able to pet my pets..

Have a great time with the kitties :)