PDA

View Full Version : Bill Wilson House Bread Pudding Recipe

moosmom
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Butter a 13x9 pan

Ingredients:

6 cups cubed, dry white bread (no rye), donuts, cakes, muffins, etc.
6 cups of milk
8 tablespoons of butter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup of maple syrup
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cups sugar
2/3 cups raisins
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Place 6 cups of cubed into the greased pan. Heat the milk to hot but not boiling. Place the butter by the tsp on top of the bread and pour the hot milk over it, Let stand and cool slightly. Add the slightly beaten eggs.

In a bowl, mix sugar, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmet and salt. Mix well with a whisk and pour over the bread mixing well. Drizzle maple syrup over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Serve warm or cold. Delicious served with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream (or both!!!). Cover and reheat for another day.

Enjoy!!!

davidpizzica
03-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Butter a 13x9 pan

Ingredients:

6 cups cubed, dry white bread (no rye), donuts, cakes, muffins, etc.
6 cups of milk
8 tablespoons of butter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup of maple syrup
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cups sugar
2/3 cups raisins
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Place 6 cups of cubed into the greased pan. Heat the milk to hot but not boiling. Place the butter by the tsp on top of the bread and pour the hot milk over it, Let stand and cool slightly. Add the slightly beaten eggs.

In a bowl, mix sugar, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmet and salt. Mix well with a whisk and pour over the bread mixing well. Drizzle maple syrup over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Serve warm or cold. Delicious served with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream (or both!!!). Cover and reheat for another day.

Enjoy!!!

Donna, I take it that this isn't for the diabetics here, but it's sure making me hungry!

moosmom
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Probably not. But if you like, I can research it and see if I can find a recipe for diabetics.

Oh yeah, and it's decadent!!!!

Karen
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
How exciting - it's Karen Safe! Whoo hoo! Maybe next potluck I'll make that.

Lillycat
03-06-2010, 07:32 AM
is so yummy.....it was a staple in our house when i was growing up and I lost my mother's recipe.....i was waiting for this recipe and can't wait to try it.....thanks so much Donna for putting it on PT.......

moosmom
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I used to make it for my Dad and he said it was the best he'd tasted since his Grandma. Now THAT'S a compliment.