PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaaack...

moosmom
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I got home from VT today around noon. The girls did very well during the 2 1/2 hour ride.

They're now in my bedroom in a large crate with a hidey cube, food, litterbox and water. I sprayed some Feliway in the room and have left the door open crack so my cats can go in and out (there's one litterbox in there and the other two are UGH!!! in my living room) I know it's only temporary but it's a little crowded at Casa Ploss. I figured if I let my cats go in and out they'll all get used to each other without anyone getting hurt.

Right now these poor girls, ages 16 and 17, are confused at the upheaval, and the loss of their human.

I'm glad to be back home with my babies and hope that I'll be able to get a decent night's sleep. The 4 days I was up in VT, KitKat (the 17 year old mama) yowled at night like she was confused. I'd get up, turn the light on and calm her down. They were in Clare's house alone with no tv, radio. All the people did was go in, feed them and leave. I slept in Clare's room and they slept on the bed with me, getting more comfortable with me as each day went by. I'm praying they adjust. My heart is hurting for them.

catmandu
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I think that they will be all right once they are oriented Donna.:cool::cool:
Thats so nice that you are helping those Senior Kittyzens , I pray that if I pass on before My Seniors that someone will give them a loving home.
:love::love::love:
God Bless You
:love::love::love:

Karen
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Awww, welcome old girls. It's all gonna be okay, I promise.

Welcome home, Donna!

phesina
03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Welcome home, new kitty ladies! Prayers and good wishes that you will soon settle in and be comfortable and happy. You've gone through many, TOO many big changes in your lives lately.

God bless you, Donna, for taking these kitties home.

cassiesmom
03-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Big prayers for Donna and the new kitties

And a candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=10331412

Freedom
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Bless, Donna, taking in these 2 older gals.

I agree, they need a bit of time to adjust -- and don't we all know that takes just a wee bit longer as we age? LOL, they will come around.

Taz_Zoee
03-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm glad your trip went well. And I'm glad the girls are finally with you. Sure, they are heartbroken at losing their meowmie. But they will eventually warm up to their new meowmie and the other kitties. I will hope for a smooth transition into the household. :)

Catty1
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Glad you had a good trip. You are so wonderful with kitties, and these two got to know you a bit...your heart will warm them in no time.

It's okay, girls...you are HOME again.:):love:

katladyd
03-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I a very short time, these two ladies will realize just how lucky they really are! They couldn't have a better home!:)

blue
03-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Pics of the kittehs?

I just had a sobering thought. If my parents pass before their kittehs, it would get very interesting around here. My Miss Erp dosnt like other cats. My parents cats dont like each other. My parents cats arent used to dogs.

moosmom
03-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Blue,

Sounds like a match made in heaven!!:p:p

Well, someone, I won't name names (his initials are BAB and he's the only male at Casa Ploss) peed on my futon because they were closed out of my bedroom last night. I doused it with Nature's Miracle. Too bad I sat in it first. EEEEEWWWWW!!!

I let Murphy in the room only because the only thing she wants to do is go under the bed and sleep. She doesn't bother the girls.

They are not liking being in a crate and are getting testy with each other. Out comes the can of Feliway. It does the trick.

Catty1
03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
BAB - I don't remember you having a cat named Bill! :D

Hope all settles down soon and the girls can be introduced. :love:

moosmom
03-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Actually his name is Bad A$$ Buddy. *shakes head* gotta love the boy!!

Catty1
03-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I knew that, Donna - was just teasing! ;):D

orangemm
03-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Those "girls" are very lucky to have you, Donna.:) Bless you for taking them in.:love::love:

momcat
03-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Groucho and I are happy to welcome both kitty girls to PT. It was a great idea to let them get to know you in their familiar surroundings where they feel comfortable. With the sudden changes in their lives it's easy to understand how they would feel unsure and maybe even a bit frightened. With your love and patience, both kitties will settle in and completely take over before you know it. Please keep us up on how they're doing?

Pinot's Mom
03-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm so glad you took them in, too, they'll be at home in no time! ;)

Pictures? tap....tap.....tap....;)

carole
03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Good luck Donna with your two new additions what a girl you are, driving all the way up and there and taking them in, BLESS YOU,hope all goes well, thinking of you.:):love:

moosmom
03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm giving them a little while to get acclamated before I start taking pictures. They are the sweetest girls, just very confused right now.:(

krazyaboutkatz
03-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're back home with the senior girls. Hopefully they'll become settled in soon and hopefully the rest of your cats will also learn to adjust. Good luck.:)

GILL
03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't think that you will have any problems. I know the love and care that you give to the babies. They will warm up in no time. As soon as yu can we need pictures.